long time, the Panthers two-time Pro Bowl quarterback r

in FanArts 12.09.2019 03:41
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - While Cam Newton admits hes not been 100 per cent in a long time, the Panthers two-time Pro Bowl quarterback refused to use that as an excuse for his struggles during a four-game losing streak.Newton took blame Wednesday for the teams poor play.Everybody wants to ask questions about why are the Panthers struggling on offence and the first person you are going to look at is the quarterback — and I understand that, Newton said.I will be the first person to admit I havent been playing great and I know that. I will take that responsibility and tell you that things will be better in the future.The fourth-year pro has completed just 52 per cent of his passes for three touchdowns and six interceptions over the past four games, and Carolina (3-6-1) has fallen out of first place in the NFC South entering Sundays game against Atlanta.The Panthers rank 25th in total offence following a stretch in which they are 1-6-1 in their past eight games.Its been a trying season for Newton.He had ankle surgery in March and broke his ribs in the preseason, forcing him out of the season opener.Hes played in the past nine games, but his mobility in the pocket has been limited. Newton averaged 677 yards rushing in his first three seasons and scored 28 touchdowns. This year, he has just 263 yards rushing and two TDs.Newton is on pace to be sacked a career-high 48 times playing behind an inexperienced, banged-up offensive line.Newton was sacked nine times in Carolinas 45-21 loss to Philadelphia on Monday night, failing to sidestep oncoming pass rushers as he has in the past and leading to some reports that more injuries are the reason hes not been as productive this season.Newton said new injuries arent the problem.If you ask me if Cam Newton is hurt, yes, Im hurt, Newton said. Thats in all honesty. But can I play? Yes, I can play and I will be playing. Its mind over matter. ... Thats not an excuse for me to be playing the type of football that Im playing.Coach Ron Rivera said he trusts Newton to tell him if he cant play.In the meantime, Rivera plans to continue to evaluate Newton in practice and continue to play him even when things arent going well. Rivera kept Newton in the game against the Eagles in the fourth quarter with the Panthers down 45-7.Hes the type of young man you want on the football field, and thats leading by example, Newton said. This game is different now. When you get players that want to step up and play hurt, that is a warrior mentality that seems to be lost a little bit.Newton said being sacked so many times this season hasnt left him shell-shocked.It cant, Newton said. That is what separates the good quarterbacks from the ones that are so successful. You have to be able to stare down the barrel and complete a pass. You cant be gun shy or have happy feet in the pocket because at the end of the day its all about trust.Newton said he needs to do a better job of protecting the football, checking down to his running backs and executing the offence.Linebacker Thomas Davis said players in the Carolina locker room have immense respect for Newtons toughness and leadership, and that he shouldnt be bearing the brunt of the criticism.He said its the team that struggled.Weve got Cams back 100 per cent, Davis said. Were not pointing the finger at him. We have games weve won this year because the offence played well. We had a game at Cincinnati where the offence put up 37 points and (the defence) didnt hold up our end.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Mike Webster Womens Jersey . -- Canada played to expectation up until halftime. Mike Webster Jersey . Whenever United loses, its crisis. When other top teams slip up, its the quirky nature of the Premier League. The predictable reaction speaks to the sky-high expectations for a team proven perennial contender and 13 times Premier League champion. http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Rocky-Bleier-Elite-Jersey/ . -- The Minnesota Twins have granted relief pitcher Matt Guerrier his unconditional release, making the 35-year-old right-hander a free agent. Alejandro Villanueva Womens Jersey . Here are some of the best from Week One and some to watch in Week Two: TOP PERFORMERS Anthony Allen, RB, Saskatchewan (176 YDS, 2 TD, 30 touches vs. Hamilton) - Powerfully-built back burst onto the scene in his CFL debut, after a couple of years in the NFL, playing 21 games with the Baltimore Ravens. Franco Harris Womens Jersey . The injury will keep the Finnish forward out of the Olympics. The 29-year-old has 20 goals and 41 points in 56 games this season, his first with Tampa Bay. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Theres been so much talk about Mike Moustakas at the plate that the third baseman ignored the conversation Wednesday -- even after doing something positive. Moustakas hit a three-run double in the second inning to account for Kansas Citys only runs, and Jason Vargas and the Royals bullpen made the meagreoffence work in a 3-2 win over the Colorado Rockies that completed a two-game sweep. Afterward, reporters peppered Moustakas with a series of questions about his decisive double, and each time he responded that Vargas pitched a great game. Moustakas steadfastly refused to address his own hit. "Its a big game for us against a great team. Feels good to go out there and get a W with the way that Vargas pitched," said Moustakas, who entered the game hitting .147 on the year. Moustakas did answer questions about his slumping performance during a lengthy session with reporters the previous day. But he was downright defiant when he was approached on Wednesday. He did talk about a nice play he made on defence, when he teamed with catcher Salvador Perez to pick off Charlie Culberson at third. The out came with the outcome still in the balance. "Moose coming up clutch was huge," said Vargas, who was perfectly willing to talk about the games biggest hit. "A big chance to put them in a hole early and we did." Meanwhile, Vargas (4-1) did not allow a hit until the fourth inning and did not allow a run until Drew Stubbs belted a two-run homer to left in the seventh. Louis Coleman got the Royals out of the inning without any more damage, and Kelvin Herrera worked a perfect eighth. Greg Holland then pitched a shaky ninth for his 10th save. After giving up a one-out single to Carlos Gonzalez and walking Nolan Arenado, Holland got Justin Morneau to hit a grounder to second. The ball was fielded cleanly and Kansas City got the runner there, but Morneau barely beat the throw to first base to keep the game going. Holland promptly struck out Stubbs to leave the tying run on third. "I think weve hit a little bump in the road here offensively," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said.dddddddddddd. "Its safe to say that were struggling a little bit offensively. Weve got to go back home and get it going again. No doubt about it, weve hit a little a little slide offensively." Jhoulys Chacin (1-1) pitched six gritty innings for Colorado, yielding seven hits and two walks. The Rockies came into the two-game series swinging the best bats in the majors, but they were silenced by some stingy pitching. James Shields was their foil in a 5-1 Royals victory in Tuesday nights opener, combining with the bullpen on a 12-strikeout performance. Vargas was just as tough, striking out a season-high eight in 6 2-3 innings. One of those strikeouts proved to be especially important: Troy Tulowitzki was left looking at a called third strike in the fourth inning. The leading hitter in the major leagues argued with plate umpire Dan Bellino over the location, which appeared down and in, and continued their one-sided conversation when he reached the dugout. Bellino responded by ejecting him. "I felt like it was over once Tulo went back to the dugout," Weiss said. "He heard him say something and thats when he threw him out." D.J. LeMahieu took his spot in the lineup. And when the Rockies had runners on the corners in the sixth, it was LeMahieu rather than Tulowitzki at the plate. He struck out. "Sometimes you just get caught up in the moment," Tulowitzki said, "but to sit there and say do you regret doing that, no, because we werent playing well the last couple of games. Sometimes that lights a little spark in the team." NOTES: Royals LHP Bruce Chen (bulging disk) threw a brief side session before the game. He will need at least one more before the team considers a rehab assignment. ... The Rockies are off Thursday before starting a three-game set against San Diego. RHP Yordano Ventura starts Thursday for Kansas City in the opener of a four-game series against Baltimore. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).