MILAN - Javier Zanettis last home match at the San Siro was celebrated with a win as Inter Milan beat Lazio 4-1 to all but guara

in Charaktere 30.08.2019 03:09
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

MILAN - Javier Zanettis last home match at the San Siro was celebrated with a win as Inter Milan beat Lazio 4-1 to all but guarantee a Europa League berth from the Serie A on Saturday. Kyler Murray Jersey . Zanetti will retire after 19 seasons at Inter, and the stadium was sold out as fans packed in to bid farewell to their 40-year-old captain. Lazio threatened to spoil the party when Giuseppe Biava scored the opening goal inside two minutes to stun San Siro. However, Rodrigo Palacio scored twice, either side of Mauro Icardis strike, and Hernanes netted against his former club to secure victory. At the end of the match, footage was shown on the big screens of Zanettis greatest Inter moments, and the clearly emotional player was led out by his family, peers and club presidents, with all his teammates wearing shirts with his number four on it. To chants of "theres only one captain," Zanetti took the microphone and thanked the fans and teammates. "I have always tried to honour and defend the Inter shirt in every country in the world," he said. "I learnt to love it thanks to you, I will love you forever. A very lovely career is coming to an end for me. I dont know what I will do but now one thing is certain: I will defend Inter even off the pitch." Players from across the globe also took to Twitter to pay tribute to Zanetti, including former teammate Mario Balotelli, who wrote, "Javier Zanetti is an example of humanity and professionalism for all of us!" Inter has five points more than Torino and six more than Parma and AC Milan, who all have two matches remaining. It is the same number of points above Hellas Verona, which squandered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 at home to Udinese following a superb goal from Antonio Di Natale. Verona and Inter have only one match remaining. Inter coach Walter Mazzarri was resoundly booed before kickoff when it was revealed Zanetti was starting on the bench. The 20-year-old Mateo Kovacic - who was less than four months old when Zanetti made his Inter debut - set up two of the goals with delightful throughballs. The Inter players hugged Zanetti after every goal, and the Argentine was eventually sent on seven minutes into the second half to a raucous standing ovation. Zanetti was wearing a special captains armband for the occasion. It had the words "Zanetti 4 Ever" in large letters over a background with the name of all his Inter teammates past and present. In Verona, substitute Badu came off the bench with minutes left and drilled in a stoppage-time equalizer for Udinese with a low shot into the corner. Luca Toni put Verona in front from the penalty spot in the 14th minute after Alessandro Agostini was tripped by Allan. It was the veteran strikers 20th league goal of the season. Emil Hallfredsson doubled Veronas lead in the 54th before Di Natale pulled one back two minutes later in stunning fashion. The Udinese forward controlled the ball with his back to goal and swiveled to fire a volley under the bar with his second touch for his 190th Serie A goal. Patrick Peterson Jersey . -- Officials have approved a deal to build a new $672 million stadium for the Atlanta Braves away from the downtown Atlanta area that has traditionally been its home. Patrick Peterson Cardinals Jersey . Ribery, who won UEFAs best player in Europe award for the 2012-13 season, helped Bayern Munich win the Champions League and Bundesliga and German Cup titles. Messi, winner of the last four Ballon dOr awards in voting by coaches, team captains and media, was injured late in the season and could not prevent Barcelona from being beaten by Bayern in the Champions League semifinals. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Zach-Allen-Jersey/ .J. Barea during a three-game shooting slump that was getting him booed off his home court with regularity.The Netherlands can reach its second consecutive World Cup final with a victory over Argentina on Wednesday at the Area de Sao Paulo. Listen to the game live on TSN 1050, TSN 690, TSN 1200, TSN 1260 and TEAM 1410 at 4pm et/1pm pt. The Dutch reached the World Cup final in South Africa in 2010 after topping Uruguay, 3-2, but faced Spain in the final and fell 1-0. Louis van Gaals side will surely draw motivation for Wednesdays clash from that defeat, something not lost on midfielder Wesley Sneijder. "Sometimes you have to suffer to obtain success," he said. "The final in 2010 was very painful but the disappointment drives you on. "We feel we have more experience, a strong squad, some great players and now we know it is so close for us again. We have come through so much together and grown with the tournament. Now it gets even harder." The Dutch should be riding high on confidence after knocking off the tournaments Cinderella squad on Saturday, topping Costa Rica 4-3 on penalty kicks after the sides played to a scoreless draw in extra time. The Dutch controlled much of the match but only created their first real scoring opportunity in the 21st minute when Robin van Persie latched on to Memphis Depays through ball and fired a left-footed shot on target, but Keylor Navas was able to parry the attempt to the top of the penalty area. The clearance only went as far as Sneijder, who lashed the rebound back toward goal, but Navas was equal to the task once again. Navas denied Sneijder again in the 39th minute when the Galatasaray midfielder uncorked a brilliant free kick from distance that looked destined for the upper corner, but the Levante keeper pushed the shot aside to send the two sides into halftime scoreless. The Dutch continued to find scoring chances in extra time as Costa Rica looked absolutely exhausted. Sneijder hit the woodwork for a second time when he took a layoff from Jeremain Lens in the 119th minute and curled a superb effort toward goal with his favorite right foot, and a relieved Navas could only help but watch the strike come back into play off the crossbar. Heading into the penalty shootout, Van Gaal used his final substitution to replace goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen with Newcastle United keeper Tim Krul and the move was a masterstroke as Krul stopped two Costa Rica penalties to hand his side the victory. "In terms of team spirit and togetherness, this is the best group Ive worked withh. Kurt Warner Womens Jersey. I thought we had more quality than Costa Rica and deserved to win. I dont know how much ball possession we had, how many times we hit the woodwork and how many chances we had -- in the end its all about scoring," Van Gaal said. "We have practiced pens, I believe when youre used to a certain way of shooting youll be more comfortable taking that shot. We told Tim Krul that he would be the best goalkeeper for the penalties as hes bigger; we didnt tell Cillessen, as we didnt want to ruin his preparation and concentration. There is no question about who will start next game, it will be Cillessen. But we felt Krul was the better choice here -- and he proved that. He guessed the correct way for every penalty." Argentina heads into its first semifinal since 1990 hoping to earn a chance to play for its third Jules Rimet trophy, having already advanced further than their 2010 campaign when the side was thumped, 4-0, by Germany in the quarterfinals. Argentina also knocked off a potential Cinderella in the quarterfinals after earning a 1-0 victory over Belgium courtesy of a goal from Gonzalo Higuain at the Estadio Nacional. Through this World Cup, Argentinas performances have left plenty to be desired, but theyve gotten the necessary results and Wednesday represents an opportunity to put in a quality performance against a very good opponent. The goal came after just eight minutes as Angel Di Maria attempted to deliver a pass into the penalty area that was deflected by a Belgium defender. The ball fell kindly to the feet of Higuain and he hammered a first-time shot perfectly inside the left post. "Ever since the first game Ive been saying that I wasnt worried, that my first goal would come, and fortunately it came at a crucial time," Higuain said. "Its been a long time since Argentina reached the semifinals and Im happy its this group of players that managed it, because they deserve it. Now we want to keep going and reach the final." Alejandro Sabellas team will have a significant void to fill on Wednesday as Di Maria was forced off the pitch in the 33rd minute with a thigh injury 33rd minute, was replaced by Enzo Perez, and is unavailable for Wednesday. Despite the injury, Sabellas team will hope for more than just a semifinal appearance. "Weve achieved our minimum objective, which was to reach the last four, but we want more. Thats what weve come for," Sabella said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).