BALTIMORE -- As rain washed over Camden Yards, Brandon Workman found his happy place underneath the stadium seating bowl. [url=h

in Regeln und Informationen 11.05.2018 05:14
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- As rain washed over Camden Yards, Brandon Workman found his happy place underneath the stadium seating bowl. Lerentee McCray Jersey . Workman maintained his pitching rhythm in a batting cage during the second of two rain delays. Upon his return, the right-hander was virtually unhittable. Workman allowed one single over 6 2-3 innings, and the Boston Red Sox beat Chris Tillman and the Baltimore Orioles 1-0 on Tuesday night for their second win in eight games. Mike Napolis third-inning RBI single was all the offence the Red Sox needed to come out on the positive end of a pitchers duel for the first time this season. Boston was 0-18 when scoring fewer than three runs. Workman (1-0) walked one and struck out four in earning his first win as a starter since last July. He held the Orioles hitless until Ryan Flaherty lined a soft single to centre with two outs in the sixth. Workman had to overcome two stoppages, both in the second inning. The first lasted 15 minutes, the second 1:18. "It wasnt that bad," Workman said. "I went down and threw in the batting cage a little bit to stay loose, to stay ready." After retiring Nick Markakis to end the sixth inning, Workman got two straight outs in the seventh before being lifted. It was the longest outing of a 27-game career that includes seven starts. "He was outstanding, especially in light of the two different rain delays," Boston manager John Farrell said. "He was able to stay loose with a couple of almost simulated innings in the batting cage." Workman retired the first 13 batters before Nelson Cruz drew a walk. J.J. Hardy followed with a popup to second base, and Cruz took off for second and was easily doubled up. "Its no excuse," Cruz said. "I should know better. It shouldnt have happened." Earlier, Boston third baseman Xander Bogaerts robbed the Orioles of two potential hits in the third inning. He snagged a bunt by David Lough and threw out the fleet runner, then made a diving stab of a line drive by Flaherty. The no-hit bid gained steam later, but Workman said, "I was not really thinking about it. I was just trying to stay in the moment and keep executing pitches and keep working each batter. Not getting ahead of myself." Workman will have a hearing Friday on his appeal of a six-game suspension. He was suspended after the league determined he was intentionally throwing in the "head area" of Tampa Bays Evan Longoria on May 30. If he is forced to miss time, Workman certainly went out on a high note. "Honestly, when we started back up, I thought if he got through four innings that might be enough for tonight," Farrell said. "But as efficient as he was, as strong as he was, he just kept putting up zeroes and retiring guys consecutively so we continued to stay with him." Baltimores only other hit was a single by Steve Pearce in the ninth off Koji Uehara, who earned his 13th save. Tillman (5-3) gave up one run and seven hits in six innings. It was his first loss in six starts since May 11. "Tough conditions tonight for both teams but you wont hear any excuses from us," the right-hander said Manny Machado started at third base for the Orioles despite receiving a five-game suspension and a fine for intentionally throwing his bat in Sundays game against Oakland. Machado appealed the suspension, batted second and went 0 for 4, making the final out on a strikeout. Tillman got off to a rocky start following the second rain delay. Brock Holt led off the third with a single, David Ortiz walked and Napoli delivered a two-out, opposite-field RBI single to right. Boston used three straight singles to load the bases with no outs in the fourth. Tillman struck out Holt, then got Bogaerts to bounce into a 6-4-3 double play. Over the first four innings, the Red Sox had seven hits and three walks but scored only the one run after stranding seven and hitting into two double plays. NOTES: Red Sox GM Ben Cherington said before the game that an overhaul of the roster is not yet necessary for the struggling team. "Im betting on the players we have in there," he said. ... Holt extended his hitting streak to a career-high 10 games. ... Wei-Yin Chen makes his 10th career start against the Red Sox in the series finale Wednesday night. Hes 3-3 with a 5.26 ERA. Rubby De La Rosa will start for Boston. ... Markakis 14-game hitting streak ended. ... Baltimores Chris Davis went 0 for 3 with three strikeouts. Malik Jackson Jersey . It was a move of some time in the making. “He hasnt thrown well, clearly some guys are being used more than him right now and the only way to get out of this funk is to pitch,” said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. Chad Henne Jersey . -- Zach Johnson asked his short-iron approach on the par-4 18th to "Do something right, baby. http://www.shopthejaguarsonline.com/Elite-Jason-Myers-Jaguars-Jersey/ . Jimmy Howard made 44 saves and Henrik Zetterberg scored two goals, leading the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Saturday night.GREENBURGH, N.Y. - The coaching search is on in New York, and the best possible candidate has already been eliminated. Phil Jackson wont be hiring himself to coach the Knicks. Two days after firing Mike Woodson, Jackson reiterated Wednesday that he wont be returning to the bench, despite the fact that even fiancee Jeanie Buss told him he should. But Jackson, who retired from coaching in 2011 after winning an NBA-record 11 titles, said his body isnt up to doing the job. "Jeanie Buss was here with the Board of Governors last week and stayed through the weekend, and tried to encourage me to coach the team. And if theres anyone that can encourage me to do anything, its Jeanie Buss. But I was able to withstand her arguments the whole time," Jackson said at the Knicks training centre. So the new team president said hes looking for a leader with the personality and charisma to succeed in New York. He hopes to talk with Steve Kerr, the TNT analyst frequently mentioned as the leading candidate, sometime within the next month. "New York, I think, demands a personality, a person that the fans can believe in, a person that has some confidence, has the charismatic appeal, and I think has a forward-looking idea about the game," Jackson said. He believes Kerr, who played for him in Chicago and served as general manager of the Phoenix Suns, could be that person. He discussed Kerrs potential interest in coaching last year when a group was trying to buy the Sacramento Kings and move them to Seattle. Jackson was prepared to run their basketball operations if that happened. He and Kerr spoke again earlier this year about basketball, so Jackson is comfortable they share the same view of how the game should be played. "I know philosophically we have a strong connection. Whether hes able to take a job like this, I dont know," Jackson said. "I will get in a conversation with him later on this month and talk to him about and see where hes at as far as his desire to coach." Jackson saidd he didnt have a timetable beyond wanting a coach in place before the July summer league. Mychal Rivera Jersey. He has other candidates in mind, but said: "You dont want to know their names. I dont want you to have their names." Jacksons will always come up because of his coaching legacy. Madison Square Garden Chairman James Dolan first talked to Jackson around the holidays about coaching the team, but Jackson declined before they began discussing a management position. Jackson said Buss, whose family owns the Lakers, encouraged him to reconsider because it was "low risk" for him and a "do-what-you-know-best type of thing." But he said hes already made up his mind. "Right now I know physically what I can do," Jackson said. "Thats something that I dont think physically I can do." Jackson hopes Carmelo Anthony wont change his mind, either. Anthony plans to become a free agent this summer and has said he would take less than a maximum salary if it helped build a winning team. Jackson, noting that Tim Duncan and the Miami Heats Big Three had sacrificed salary in the past, said he would talk to Anthony about the benefits of doing the same. "Thats the beginning of team play," Jackson said. "Its really hard to just have one or two top stars, max players, and put together a team with enough talent. Youve got to have people making sacrifices financially, so we hope that Carmelo is true to his word, and we understand what its going to take and well present that to him at that time." The Knicks would have to pay Anthony more than $120 million over five years if he insisted on a max contract. Anthony was one of the only bright spots on a 37-45 team that missed the playoffs. The Knicks would like to keep him. "Im all about moving forward. Just deal with what is and move forward," Jackson said. "If its in the cards, man, are we fortunate. If its not in the cards, man, are we fortunate. Were going forward anyway." Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).