TORONTO - Rudy Gay could barely stand as he prepared to speak to the media minutes after a back-and-forth affair with the Wizard

in Regeln und Informationen 04.05.2018 09:26
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

TORONTO - Rudy Gay could barely stand as he prepared to speak to the media minutes after a back-and-forth affair with the Wizards. Kyrie Irving Jersey . The Raptors forward, who has been battling the flu since Thursday evening, skipped shoot around Friday morning but played 31 minutes in his teams resilient 96-88 victory at the Air Canada Centre. "I actually came here feeling worse than I did this morning, but there was no stopping me. I was going to play," Gay said, sitting down. "I was out of breath and theres other things that happen when youre sick, but I had to push through it for my team." Gays first-half performance reflected his pain and was just about the only thing that went wrong for Toronto in the opening 24 minutes. The Raptors shot 51 per cent, held Washington to 38 per cent - allowing 11 points on four-of-21 shooting in the second quarter - and took a commanding lead at home despite Gay going just two-of-10 from the field. As he missed a jumper, his team up 14 late in the second quarter, the home fans - unaware of his illness - began to boo. "He had the flu and [high] temperature and gutted it out," coach Dwane Casey said. "I was proud. He struggled a little bit, but down the stretch he came through for us." With Gay struggling, the Raptors good fortune finally ran out in the third quarter, an ongoing concern for the team. The Wizards outscored Toronto 32-15 in the period. John Wall had 18 alone. A 13-point halftime lead quickly became a four-point deficit. Gay had just six points on three-of-13 shooting. "You can see why he got paid all that money," DeMar DeRozan said of Wall, who scored 30 of his game-high 37 in the second half. Toronto had no answer for Wall. Thats when Casey and the Raptors threw the Wizards a curve ball. For the first time in four games, D.J. Augustin checked in to spell Kyle Lowry at the point. Terrence Ross, coming off a couple strong performances, and Steve Novak shared the floor as the Raptors regained control of the game with the help of Gay and their zone defence. "We had to mix it up," Casey admitted. "Our man [defence] wasnt working. We had to go to something else and it had to be our zone. It worked for us, it got them out of rhythm and it got us into rhythm. We work religiously on the zone and guys are still learning it. It worked out for us tonight." After losing his job as the back-up point guard four games into the season, Augustin got a rare opportunity. It was one that he received in an unfortunate circumstance with rookie Dwight Buycks - the acting back-up - away from the team following the passing of his father. Still, it was an opportunity he didnt waste. Augustins first shot was a three-pointer, the first hes made all season after missing nine straight attempts. His quickness and knack for the draw and kick helped turn the momentum back in Torontos favour. "Hes a pro," Casey said of Augustin. "He kind of fell out of the rotation. To his credit, the young man has worked at it. Hes stayed after practice, worked late, come back at night and worked on his shot. It paid off." "Im a firm believer, if youre heart and your mind is in the right place good things will happen for you," said the coach. "And if theyre not, youre sitting on the bench pouting and upset because somebody is getting an opportunity, nothing good is going to happen for you. His heart is in the right place, his mind is in the right place." Augustins resiliency sparked his team and its leading scorer. Gay was a perfect three-for-three in the fourth quarter and added three of his four blocks - one of them of the highlight variety - in the final frame. "It just slowed down," Gay said. "I feel like I was trying to fight through the fact that I was a little sluggish, a little slow. In the fourth quarter, I just let it come to me and it was a lot easier." Exceeding 20 assists in back-to-back games, both victories, the Raptors offence is coming along as they continue to sit atop the Atlantic Division with a 6-7 record. Up next The Raptors will have the day off Saturday, a day of rest Gay plans to take full advantage of, and return to practice on Sunday ahead of their next game at home to the struggling Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday. Al Horford Jersey . -- The anointed starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders is strengthening his hold on the position this training camp instead of losing it. Bill Russell Jersey . -- Jacksonville Jaguars rookie receiver Marqise Lee has agreed to terms on a four-year contract worth more than $5 million. http://www.authenticcelticsproshop.com/Robert-Parish-Jersey/ . -- The Phoenix Coyotes have won three in a row for the first time in 4 1/2 months, and theyve done it just in time for the stretch run to the playoffs. PHILADELPHIA -- There are no secrets to Hunter Pences approach to hitting in crucial situations. His simple strategy worked again. Pence drove in all of San Franciscos runs with a double in the ninth and Madison Bumgarner pitched eight scoreless innings to lead the Giants to a 3-1 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night. "Just go up to compete, try to see the ball and hit the ball," Pence said. Bumgarner (12-7) gave up five hits while striking out six and walking none in a pitchers duel with A.J. Burnett. "It was good to get quick outs tonight," Bumgarner said. It was the sixth win in seven games for first-place San Francisco, which moved two games ahead of the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West. The Giants will look to sweep the four-game series on Thursday. One night after blowing just his third save in 26 chances, closer Jonathan Papelbon (2-2) took the loss. The Phillies offence, which ranks near the bottom of the NL in several categories, managed just seven hits. They lost their fourth straight and seventh of eight. "Its really been the problem weve had the last three games, stranding guys out there," Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg said. "And it came up big tonight." Pence broke a scoreless tie with a softly hit blooper down the right-field line off Papelbon on a full count with two outs. "Pence is the guy you want up there," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "He has the knack of putting the ball in the right place. . Pence is amazing. He has so much energy and hes relentless. Were lucky to have him." Whether the last two games have an effect on Papelbons trade prospects remain to be seen. The Philadelphia closer recently has been outspoken about his interest in moving to a contender. "Whatever happens happens," Papelbon said. "I have no control over it." He dismissed the notion that his value would be diminished by his last two outings. "If you were to put the entire season into two games, it would be pretty dumb," he said. Marlon Byrd drove in Philadelphias run in the ninth off Santiago Casilla, who converted his seventh save in 10 chances. The ggame was delayed for 59 minutes by a thunderstorm. John Havlicek Jersey. Following resumption in the top of the fourth, the game was played in a persistent drizzle that got heavy at times until the rain finally stopped for good in the eighth inning. Burnett pitched eight scoreless innings, striking out six, walking four and allowing four hits, in a performance that had to have impressed the scouts seated behind home plate. The right-hander has been a rumoured acquisition for contending clubs as the Phillies are looking to sell at the trade deadline to get younger. Bumgarner and Burnett allowed the relievers to rest following Tuesdays 5-hour, 46-minute marathon in which 16 pitchers were used in the Giants 9-6, 14-inning victory. "What a job he did," Bochy said of Bumgarner. "He saved our skin tonight. He gave us everything we needed and more. And Burnett too. They were both locked in." Some small puddles formed on the left side of the infield, but second base umpire Bill Miller never halted the game again after the first stoppage. Pence was involved in a strange play in the eighth. After leading off with a walk, he took off for second but overslid the bag. He popped up and rather than try to go back to second, he darted toward third as shortstop Jimmy Rollins chased him in a scene reminiscent of tag on the school yard. About halfway to third, Rollins tossed to third baseman Andres Blanco who applied the tag for an unusual 2-6-5 caught stealing. It was the second caught stealing in as many attempts for the Giants, as Ehire Adrianza overslid the bag in the sixth and was tagged out by Chase Utley. NOTES: Burnett moved to 48th all-time in strikeouts, passing Dwight Gooden, with a first-inning fanning of Tyler Colvin. ... Philadelphia activated Ruiz (concussion) from the DL. Ruiz had been out since June 26. To make room for Ruiz, the Phillies sent C Cameron Rupp to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Philadelphia also recalled RHP Phillippe Aumont from Lehigh Valley and designated RHP Jeff Manship for assignment. ... The teams conclude the four-game series on Thursday with Phillies LHP Cole Hamels (4-5, 2.83) facing RHP Tim Hudson (8-6, 2.78). China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).