that are unforgetta

in Regeln und Informationen 04.05.2018 09:23
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson was looking for a spark. Telvin Smith Jersey . His team was coming off what he called its worst game of the season. So Gibson moved outfielder David Peralta into the second spot of the batting order. He responded with three hits, including a two-run homer, and four RBIs as the Diamondbacks beat the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday night to avoid a series sweep. "I moved him up in the lineup because hes put the bat on the ball and hes been very consistent for us," Gibson said. "Hes very aggressive and he will play anywhere you ask him." Peralta was more ready for the chance than even his manager might have known. "We had a little team meeting among the players after (Wednesday nights 5-1 loss) and just said to remember that we are a good team," he said. "I think it motivated everybody. It left everybody with a good feeling." Arizona scored three runs in the sixth and put the game away with seven in the ninth. "The first game was devastating because they came back and stole it for us and then we played our worst game of the year last night," Gibson said. "We came back with a good effort today, played a good, clean game, got good pitching, some clutch hits then were able to have some fun in that last inning." The Pirates are 0 for 8 in chances to sweep opposing teams this season. They looked primed to get their first sweep as starter Vance Worley retired the first 12 batters he faced and carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning. Ender Inciarte broke up Worleys no-hit bid with an RBI single with one out in the sixth. Peralta followed with his third home run of the year which barely cleared the 21-foot-high fence in right field and gave Arizona a 3-2 lead. After a strikeout and groundout against Worley in his first two at-bats, Peralta was prepared for his third trip to the plate. "I thought Ill get him next time," Peralta said. "The next time, he gave me a pitch I could hit. My whole approach is always to wait for my pitch and thats what I did in that at-bat." Miguel Montero was the first Diamondback to reach base after he worked a leadoff walk in the fifth. Pittsburgh scored in the third on a double by Jordy Mercer and RBI groundout by Gregory Polanco. The Pirates opened the fourth with hits by Neil Walker, Russell Martin and Ike Davis to extend their lead to 2-0. Walker started the inning with a double and scored on Davis single. Brandon McCarthy (3-10) was pulled in the sixth after issuing a two-out walk to Davis. He threw 5 2-3 innings and allowed two runs and eight hits, walked two and struck out six as he needed to work through some issues on the mound in the early stages of his start. "Some starts you feel great out of the gates but it wasnt quite there for me," McCarthy said. "I was able to hang in there and when things got dicey, I was able to make pitches." Pirates manager Clint Hurdle was pleased with his teams overall approach against McCarthy but acknowledged the inability to capitalize on extending the lead when Pedro Alvarez grounded into a double play in the fourth inning. "The double play in the fourth cut down some momentum we were building," Hurdle said. "We got one run in, first and second with no outs, he was able to get through that and cut off that inning. We didnt score another run the rest of the game." Worley (2-1) went seven innings and gave up three runs, four hits and two walks. He struck out six while taking his first losing decision as a Pirate. "Early on I was able to get ahead in the count, throw strikes and make them swing," Worley said. "And then as the game continued on I lost command of the two-seam fastball and was getting behind. The one inning, one pitch." Arizona sent 11 batters to the plate in the ninth and scored seven runs on eight hits. Pittsburgh reliever Ernesto Frieri gave up five hits to the six batters he faced and all of them scored. Frieri was pulled after recording just one out for Jeanmar Gomez, who entered with the bases loaded and allowed all three inherited runners to score before being charged with two runs of his own. "We some good at-bats early, hit three rocket shots in the second inning that we didnt have anything to show for," Gibson said. "Our guys stayed with it, kept the pressure on and finally got a couple of big hits." NOTES: A replay review of 4:13 overturned a safe ruling as Polanco attempted to steal second base in the fifth inning. ... Starling Marte singled in the third and has reached base in all 13 of his career games played against Arizona. ... Arizona sends RHP Josh Collmenter (7-4, 3.74 ERA) against RHP Ervin Santana (6-5, 4.05 ERA) as the Diamondbacks continue their trip in Atlanta. ... Pittsburgh opens a three-game series against Philadelphia when RHP Gerrit Cole (6-4, 4.02 ERA) matches up against RHP Roberto Hernandez (3-7, 4.26 ERA). Justin Blackmon Jersey . "I knew it was gone. I mean, I felt it," the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year said. "I havent felt like that in a while. I havent got extension on a ball in a pretty long time. Paul Posluszny Jersey . Locke overcame a shaky start to pitch seven innings and Josh Harrison had three hits to extend his hot streak as the Pirates beat the Miami Marlins 7-3 on Wednesday night. http://www.shopthejaguarsonline.com/Elite-Jason-Myers-Jaguars-Jersey/ . That still leaves a big hole.You dont replace the leadership, defensive co-ordinator Billy Davis said. You just dont. Leadership is something that is earned over time.TORONTO -- Bradley Orr said that every kids dream growing up playing soccer in England was to hoist a cup. So he and his Toronto FC teammates say they will have no problem getting up for their Amway Canadian Championship final against rival Montreal Impact, even if the result doesnt count toward Major League Soccer standings. "No, not at all. I love cup games. Theres a prize at the end of it," the Toronto defender said after practice Tuesday. "Back in England it was the FA Cup, now that were here its the Canadian Cup, and its just as important for me as any league game, because theres pride at stake and theres a lot to play for. Its a big game, no doubt about it, and one were looking forward to." Toronto hosts Montreal for the first of two legs Wednesday at BMO Field. The second leg is June 4 at Saputo Stadium in Montreal. The team with the higher aggregate score after the two matches also represents Canada in the 2014-2015 CONCACAF Champions League. "Very very important," captain Steven Caldwell said. "We want to win the Cup. We obviously want to get a good lead if we can from the first leg, its going to be tough, were playing our rivals, a very good side, who are . . . far better than theyve been showing." Toronto is hoping to reclaim the title they relinquished to Montreal last season. TFC won the championship four straight years -- from 2009 through 2012 -- while the Impact won the inaugural competition in 2008 and again last year. "Its Canadian pride here," Toronto-born defender Ashtone Morgan said on the importance of the matches. "I think last year we had a sour taste in our mouth and were looking to bounce back this year, and looking to get the trophy." Dwayne De Rosario is tied for the tournament all-time lead in goals with four, and won back-to-back tournament MVP honours, in 2009 and 10. The 2009 victory was De Rosarios first playing with his hometown team in Toronto, after holding MLS jobs with the San Jose Earthquakes and Houston Dynamo. "For me it was a first championship coming back home, a championship for my city, a championship for TFC, and it was a special moment," De Rosario said. "And hopefully I can create another special moment tomorrow and win back that trophy for this club." Toronto is 7-1-2 all-time against the Impact in Canadian Championship action and are the favourites this season against a Montreal team that is struggling through a horrendous start to the season. TFC has four wins, four losses and one draw in MLS games, while Montreal is 1-6-4 and last in the league. Toronto coach Ryan Nelsen warned though that not only is Montreal a better team than this seasons results indicate, but standings and recent results dont mean much when a championship trophy is on the line. "Very dangerous team, very good team," Nelsen said of the Impact. "Theyre just having a little bit of a bad run at the moment. When you come to this competition, form doesnt really matter, it kind of goes out the window. Ive watched a lot of theiir games, and they have been unlucky in quite a few of them; theyve had opportunities to win the games, but it hasnt fallen their way. T.J. Yeldon Jersey. You know the quality they have, theyll get it right." Toronto defeated the Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 at home and then 5-3 on penalty kicks in Vancouver to reach the final. The Impact battled back to beat second-division side FC Edmonton to earn their spot in the final. It was a confident TFC team that practised Wednesday morning at their training ground north of the city, after salvaging a 2-2 draw at Sporting Kansas City -- the defending league champions -- last Friday. Toronto managed a draw despite losing Caldwell to a red card in the 63rd minute. "Were very pleased with the result, not the performance particularly but at the end of the day were judged on points. . . Well take that in a very tough place to play," Caldwell said. "They were obviously a better team and we couldnt get anything going all night, and then with the sending off, and the penalty (awarded to Kansas City in the 84th minute for a Doneil Henry foul in the box). . . we felt even the 50-50 decisions were going against us. But well take the draw and move on. Excited for (Wednesday) night." Caldwells red card will keep him out of Saturdays MLS game against the visiting Columbus Crew, but hell be available Wednesday to a Toronto lineup that wont differ much from last Friday. Nelsen said midfielders Jonathan Osorio (hamstring) and Jackson Goncalves (concussion) wont play, while Luke Moore (groin) is questionable. Collen Warner, recently acquired in a trade with Montreal, is ineligible to play because hes cup-tied to the Impact. Nelsen was already in good spirits Wednesday but the coach brightened considerably when asked his thoughts on Queens Park Rangers promotion to the Premier League. "Brilliant. Absolutely fantastic," said Nelsen, who ended his playing career with QPR. The squad that Nelsen played two seasons for defeated Derby 1-0 last weekend to earn promotion. Bobby Zamora scored the decisive goal, pouncing on a defensive miscue by Derby in the 90th minute. "Football is a funny game . . . when youre down to 10 men, as long as you stay in the game, you generally get that one chance. It couldnt have been more obvious than that QPR game," Nelsen said. "Bobby took it brilliantly like he has for his whole career. I can imagine there were a few celebrations that night." Nelsen said he is still emotionally tied to QPR, as he is to every team hes played for, saying he still has good friends not only with that club but DC United, Blackburn, and Tottenham. "You get so emotionally involved because you go through so many highs and lows and people dont really understand how low the lows are and how high the highs are, that you become friends and you make friends," he said. "And when you do things for other people and they do things for you, that are unforgettable things that imprint on your life, and your memories, you obviously stay friends." China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Authentic Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).