EDMONTON -- If Dallas Eakins is to be believed, the Edmonton Oilers love misery. [url=http://www.azcardinalsfanspro.com/Black-Ja

in Regeln und Informationen 19.03.2018 06:12
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

EDMONTON -- If Dallas Eakins is to be believed, the Edmonton Oilers love misery. Jared Veldheer Jersey . Chris Stewart scored a hat trick and added an assist as the Blues took advantage of a reeling Oilers team with a 6-0 victory on Saturday night. The loss was so ugly that Eakins held a lengthy team meeting after the game. The Oilers head coach called out a team that is once again playing terrible hockey despite years of rebuilding efforts. "Im pinning this loss on the bone-headed mistakes we make when we have everything going in our favour," said Eakins. "It is like we love misery. Its like Oh hold on a second, things are going too well here. Lets have some misery. Ive had enough misery already and weve got some players who have been here for a number of years that have to be done with it." The Oilers (11-24-3) have lost a season-high six games in a row and fell to 5-11-1 on home ice. It was the sixth time this season the Oilers have been shut out and the third time in the last five games. Edmonton started well, but had a complete collapse in the final 40 minutes. Oilers forward David Perron said his coach was calmer in his questioning than he would have been. "(Eakins) wants us to look in the mirror and see if we are part of the solution," said Perron. "I think he is completely right. If I was him I think I would have been tearing all four walls down. It is unacceptable the way we played in the second and third after a good first period like that." Brenden Morrow, Patrik Berglund and Jaden Schwartz also scored for the Blues (24-7-4) who are 5-1-1 in their last seven outings. Brian Elliott made 23 saves to record his second shutout of the season and 23rd of his career. "They came out strong and we weathered the storm and scored one," Elliott said. "Then we settled into what we wanted to do in the second. We wanted to finish out with a good 20 minutes in the third. "We were getting guys making plays and obviously Stewart scoring three definitely helps on a night like tonight." Stewart said it was just one of those nights when everything he shot was going in. "A huge credit to my linemates tonight, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and they teed it up for me," he said. "I have to keep shooting I guess. I kind of had a rough start to the year, and I told myself I wasnt going to pass up any more opportunities in the slot, Im going to shoot to score and its been working out as of late. "Its the same shots earlier in the year, but theres some eyes on them now. I just want to keep putting them on net and hope they keep going in." Edmonton controlled the bulk of the play through the first half of the opening period as they outshot St. Louis 10-1, but it was the Blues who got on the scoreboard first. Oilers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov rushed out of his net to prevent Berglund from getting a breakaway after he stepped out of the penalty box, but couldnt clear the zone. The puck came to Stewart at the side of the net before Bryzgalov could get back into position and he scored his 11th of the season. Edmonton ended up with 14 shots on Elliott to five on Bryzgalov through the first 20 minutes. The Blues went ahead by two goals six minutes into the second period on a pretty tic-tac-toe passing play. Derek Roy and Stewart got it to Morrow in front and he lifted a backhand up high and into the Oilers net. St. Louis made it 3-0 just shy of two minutes into the third period as Berglund made a feed from behind the net to Stewart, who scored his second on a one-timer. Only 56 seconds later the Blues went up by four goals. Schwartz crossed the blue-line and unleashed a shot that seemed to fool Bryzgalov before clipping the post and going in. The Blues took a 5-0 lead seven minutes into the third with a power-play goal as Roy made a perfect feed through the crease to Stewart at the side of the net and he put it into a wide-open cage to record his third-career hat trick. St. Louis continued to pound on the down-and-out Oilers with seven minutes left as Bryzgalov allowed a soft goal on a long shot by Berglund that tipped off his glove and into the net. Bryzgalov finished with 21 saves. Both teams return to the ice on Monday night as the Oilers play host to the Winnipeg Jets and the Blues travel to Calgary to face the Flames. Notes: It was the first meeting since an off-season trade that saw David Perron go from the Blues to the Oilers in return for Magnus Paajarvi and a second-round pick. Perron entered the game with 27 points in 33 games, while Paajarvi had just two points in 15 games. ... Edmonton defenceman Corey Potter returned from a two-game suspension. ... Oilers forward Ryan Jones missed the game after being knocked unconscious in a collision with captain Andrew Ference in the morning skate. ... St. Louis captain David Backes returned to the lineup after missing the last two games with a concussion. Also out for the Blues were forwards Vladimir Sobotka (upper body) Ryan Reaves (hand) and defenceman Jordan Leopold (hand). Andy Lee Jersey . Henrik Samuelsson and Luke Bertolucci also scored for the Oil Kings, who are now 9-0 on home ice in the playoffs to cut Portlands series lead to 2-1. Chase De Leo and Mathew Dumba responded for the Winterhawks, who suffered just their fourth loss in their last 46 games, a string of success running all the way back to Jan. Haason Reddick Jersey . The CFL will help tackle womens cancers by playing four special "CFL PINK" games this weekend. http://www.azcardinalsfanspro.com/Black-Josh-Bynes-Cardinals-Jersey.html?cat=925 . Redden played a total of 1,023 regular-season games with Ottawa, the New York Rangers, St. Louis and Boston. He finished with 457 points (109 goals, 348 assists) and a plus-160 rating over his career. CLEVELAND -- The Browns are on the clock with Alex Mack. Clevelands Pro Bowl centre signed a five-year, $42 million contract offer sheet with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Friday. The Browns, who have received official paperwork on the deal, are expected to match it and keep one of their best players. The Browns have five days -- until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday -- to match Jacksonvilles offer or theyll lose Mack, who has not missed a single offensive play since the Browns drafted him in 2009. The club secured that right for the time to weigh the decision after placing a $10 million transition tag on the 28-year-old Mack before free agency opened. The deal includes $26 million guaranteed and would make Mack the NFLs highest-paid centre. The team entered free agency with re-signing Mack as one of its top priorities, and there doesnt seem any reason the Browns wouldnt lock him up for a few more years. Macks contract also has an option for him to void the deal after two seasons. Also, his team cant tag or trade him. Earlier this week, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he was confident Mack would remain with Cleveland. "We remain optimistic that Alex Mack will be a Cleveland Brown for a long time," Haslam said at the premiere of "Draft Day," a fictional film about the Browns. "We want him to be. I think weve made it very clear that hes the kind of person, the kind of player we want in our organization." Mack has played 4,998 consecutivee snaps with the Browns. Budda Baker Jersey. In 2011, Mack played despite a severe attack of appendicitis that landed him in surgery the following day. He has developed into one of the games top centres, lauded for his blocking ability, leadership and helping Clevelands quarterbacks read defences. With Mack in the middle and Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas on the left side, the Browns have one of the AFCs top offensive lines. They dont want to weaken one of their only strengths. "Obviously, weve made it kind of evident how important Alex is to this team, and whether its talking with (Pro Bowl tackle) Joe (Thomas) or talking with some of the other players, were all just hoping it gets resolved soon and hes back," quarterback Brian Hoyer said. "Obviously we have a new system to learn and hes the anchor of that offensive line." It would be understandable if Mack wanted to test the free-agent waters. The Browns have gone just 23-57 since he joined them in 2009, and Mike Pettine will be Macks fourth head coach in six years Mack reportedly enjoyed his visit with the Jaguars, who like the Browns, have been stuck in a cycle of losing. But the teams offer to Mack is a strong sign of its intention to upgrade its roster and revamp one of the leagues worst offensive lines. The Jaguars selected left tackle Luke Joeckel with the second overall pick in last years draft and signed former Denver guard Zane Beadles in free agency last month. Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).