PINEHURST, N. [url=http://www.baseballnationalsauthority.com/]Washington Nationals Jerseys[/url] .C. -- Michelle Wie is becoming

in Regeln und Informationen 19.03.2018 06:11
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

PINEHURST, N. Washington Nationals Jerseys .C. -- Michelle Wie is becoming a regular contender in major championships, only now as an adult. She captivated womens golf as a teenager, contending in three straight LPGA Tour majors when she was 16. That was when she still was trying to compete against the men, when she didnt always look as if she was having fun and before injuries and criticism were a big part of her growing pains. On another tough day at Pinehurst No. 2, the 24-year-old from Hawaii held it together Friday with two key par putts and finished with back-to-back birdies for a 2-under 68, giving her a three-shot lead going into the weekend at the U.S. Womens Open. "I think you look at the way Michelle has played the last six months and you look at her differently," said Stacy Lewis, the No. 1 player in womens golf who was four shots out of the lead. "I think shes become one of the best ball-strikers on tour. She hits it really consistent. She knows where the balls going. And shes figuring out how to win. Thats the big thing." But theres a familiar name, and another teen prodigy, who joined Wie as the only players still under par. Lexi Thompson, who soundly beat Wie in the final round to win the Kraft Nabisco Championship for her first major title, powered her way out of the sand and weeds, running off three straight birdies to match Wies 68, the low score Friday. For all the interest in the men and women playing Pinehurst No. 2 in successive weeks, Wie and Thompson made the Womens Open more closely resemble the first LPGA major. Is it too early to start thinking rematch? "Definitely too early," Thompson said with a laugh. "Thirty-six holes in a major, thats a lot of golf to be played, especially at a U.S. Womens Open." For now, Wie had control. Her three-shot lead is the largest through 36 holes in the Womens Open in 11 years. She twice thought her shots were going off the turtleback greens, and twice she relied on her table-top putting stance to make long par saves. She finished with a 6-iron that set up a 12-foot birdie putt, and a 15-foot birdie on the par-5 ninth to reach 4-under 136. "End of the day yesterday, I was thinking if I just did this again, that would be nice," Wie said. "Finishing with two birdies is always great. Its a grind out there. Its not easy. Really grateful for the par putts that I made and some of the birdie putts that I made. I cant complain. Ill take it." Just when it looked as if this had the trappings of another runaway -- Martin Kaymer led by at least four shots over the final 48 holes to win the U.S. Open -- along came Thompson with a shot reminiscent of what Kaymer did last week. From the sand and bushes left of the fairway on the par-5 fifth hole, Thompson blasted a 5-iron from 195 yards just off the green, setting up two putts for birdie from about 60 feet. Kaymer was in roughly the same spot in the third round when he hit 7-iron from 202 yards to 5 feet, that pin position more toward the front. That was her third straight birdie, and she closed with four pars to reach 139. Sue Kim of Langley, B.C., and Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., each shot 73 to finish the second round in a tie for 14th place. Pinehurst No. 2 wasnt in much of a giving mood on another warm day in the North Carolina sandhills, with a brief shower in the middle of the afternoon that didnt do much to soften a dry, crusty golf course. Lewis, who opened with a bogey-free 67, picked up a bogey on her first hole in a wild round of six bogeys, three birdies and a tough 73. Even so, the two-time major champion managed to see the big picture. "I hung around, and thats what youve got to do at this tournament," said Lewis, at even-par with Amy Yang (69) and Minjee Lee, the 18-year-old amateur from Australia who played bogey-free on the back nine to salvage a 71. Lucy Li, the precocious 11-year-old and youngest qualifier in the history of the U.S. Womens Open, isnt leaving town until Monday. She just wont be playing any more golf. The sixth-grader from the Bay Area started with a double bogey for the second straight day and shot another 78 to miss the cut by seven shots. The cut was 9-over 149. Na Yeon Choi had a 70 and was at 1-over 141, followed by a Paula Creamer (72) at 2-over 142. The group at 143 included Karrie Webb (73) and So Yeon Ryu (74), who saved her hopes with three straight birdies on the front nine, and narrowly missing a fourth. All of them are former Womens Open champions. This is a different Wie they are chasing. She already has won this year in Hawaii, and she has eight top 10s and is No. 2 on the LPGA money list. Attribute that to a putting stroke that she owns, no matter how peculiar it looks with her back bent severely, almost parallel to the ground. And she has learned to play the shot -- she has a full allotment -- instead of worrying about her score or her position on the leaderboard. "I knew I could get better," Wie said. "I knew I could improve. But thats the game of golf. I think thats whats so fun about it. You work hard, you work hard, its a challenging game. You can never quite perfect it. I love working on my game. I love working on different shots. Just trying to get better every day. I never really lost a sense of determination or drive." Anthony Rendon Jersey . Every once in awhile, it seems like life lets dreams become real - and that is a gift. Trea Turner Jersey . The 27th-ranked Austrian underwent surgery on a torn tendon in October and needs more time to recover, the Austria Press Agency reports on Saturday. http://www.baseballnationalsauthority.com/Stephen-Strasburg-Jersey/ . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Darcy Kuemper, Minnesota (5): He was calm, poised, and looked comfortable all game.MIAMI -- Hunter Pence hit two doubles, a triple and drove in five runs to lead the San Francisco Giants to a 14-10 victory over the Miami Marlins on Friday night. Hector Sanchez hit a three-run homer, Pablo Sandoval had four hits and three RBIs, and Brandon Belt had four hits and scored four runs for the Giants, who set season highs for runs and hits (19). Justin Ruggiano homered twice and drove in four runs for Miami. Christian Yelich and Placido Polanco each had three hits. San Franciscos offence broke loose after averaging 2.73 runs per game since the All-Star break, the second-fewest in the majors. The Marlins scored their second-most runs since June 2. Both starting pitchers struggled. Chad Gaudin allowed eight runs and 11 hits in four innings for the Giants, while Marlins right-hander Nathan Eovaldi (2-3) gave up 11 runs -- nine earned -- in three innings. Sandy Rosario (3-0) pitched two scoreless innings for the win. The Giants jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first keyed by a two-run double from Sandoval. Pence, who drove in a run in the first on a grounder, delivered a two-run double in the second and Sandoval followed with an RBI single to stretch the lead to 7-0. Miami cut the deficit to 7-4 in the third on a two-run double by Logan Morrison and RBI singles by Donovan Solano and Polanco. Polancoo left in the eighth when he was hit in the back of the head by a pitch from Santiago Casilla. Adam Lind Jersey. Pence came through again in the fourth with an RBI double followed by a three-run homer by Sanchez to extend the lead to 11-4, ending Eovaldis night. Gregor Blanco added an RBI single later in the inning. Despite the large deficit, the Marlins fought back again beginning with a solo homer and a two-run double by Ruggiano, who came off the bench in a double switch, to pull to 12-7. Yelich and Solano followed with RBI singles in the fifth to make it 12-9. Through five innings, the teams combined for 21 runs and 29 hits as each team batted around twice. Belt and Pence hit back-to-back RBI triples in the seventh to push the lead to 14-9. Ruggiano hit his second home run of the game in the bottom of the ninth. NOTES: Ruggiano homered for the first time at Marlins Park after hitting 12 away from Miami. ... Belt extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the first. ... Miami reliever Arquimedes Caminero made his major league debut in the eighth. ... San Franciscos previous high in runs this season was 10 (done seven times) and hits was 17 (three times). ... The Giants will send RHP Matt Cain (7-8, 4.44 ERA) to the mound on Saturday to face Marlins RHP Henderson Alvarez (2-1, 3.18). Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).