As the fat cats of the NFL meet in New York to discuss ways to squeeze

in Regeln und Informationen 12.02.2019 05:30
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

more money into their deep pockets http://www.ramsfootballauthentics.com/aaron-donald-jersey-authentic , a tweet popped up on Wednesday that sent puffs of intrigue across the Los Angeles sports scene. My first thought: “Good. Move the Chargers to England for all I care. The Rams should have the southland to themselves.” OK, I didn’t say “southland” in my thoughts because only news anchors say “southland,” but you get the drift.The Los Angeles Chargers are struggling mightily to sell seats for their future home in Inglewood, California in 2020. This fact resurrects an idea that Rams fans have been feeling ever since the bolts left San Diego: the Chargers aren’t wanted in Los Angeles. When you go to a Chargers game in Carson, it’s like the “home fans” are visiting. They might even get a hotel for the night. It’s a long drive back to Carlsbad. But if you went to Busby’s on Whilsire on a Sunday, you wouldn’t be swarmed by dudes in Phillip Rivers gear. In fact, I bet I could find more Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans than Chargers fans at most sports bars in Los Angeles. Maybe that’s a little too far. How about the Vikings? Go on a hike at Griffith Park and I bet you’ll find a Vikings fan before a Chargers fan.And because of the mess that the Spanos family made in San Diego, the Chargers don’t belong there either. When the Chargers were included in the move to Los Angeles, it was expected that they would sell $400m in personal seat licenses — a huge portion of the revenue needed for this whole move into a multi-billion dollar stadium. The fact that the Chargers are pulling not even half of their expected revenue is quite obviously a big deal to the NFL. The owners could be taking a dive in profits if the Chargers can’t get fans to pay a premium price to see them play in Inglewood.To put that in context, the best seat at the Inglewood stadium will come with a licensing bill of $100,000 for Rams season-ticket holders and $75,000 for Chargers season-ticket holders. That 25K difference makes it very clear to me that the Spanos family made an embarrassing maneuver to invade Los Angeles.Our brother site for fans of the Chargers, Bolts From the Blue, had this to say about the matter:How does any of this affect the Los Angeles Rams? Simply put: they could be losing a roommate before moving day. This idea sounded insane even a couple of weeks ago. If you read the tweets by Vincent Bonsignore, you’ll know that the Chargers are going to be in LA for the next 30 years. And as much as this is, Vinnie is probably right.Even though there were jokes about the attendance for Rams’ games throughout 2016 and early 2017 Womens Lamarcus Joyner Jersey , the numbers are quite different now that the Rams are regularly pulling in roughly 69k fans into an old stadium that doesn’t have the modern amenities of a first-class organization. Meanwhile, the Chargers are pulling in about 25k fans with state-of-the-art amenities (for a soccer stadium). And going to a Chargers’ game is a fun experience — the sight-lines for an NFL game are amazing. Every seat has a perfect view.The problem? The fans from San Diego have been burned by the Spanos family. Even though the Chargers are competitive and have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs, I don’t blame fans in San Diego for not wanting to fork over thousands of dollars so they can drive 2 and a half hours up the gridlocked 5 freeway to be outnumbered at a home game. And the fans in San Diego have a right to be mad and stay at home. They didn’t want to start a fight for LA, they just wanted their team in their hometown. As a kid, I felt burned by Georgia Frontiere’s decision to move the Rams to St. Louis. It took me a while to get over it. And my friends in Orange County felt the same way — it was the 90s and kids just moved on once the Rams and Raiders left town. Sure, some remained faithful, but my experience was that kids my age started following the big market teams that were fun to watch — the Dallas Cowboys, Elway and the Broncos, and even Brett Favre’s Green Bay Packers. Home-town loyalty quickly died out. And that’s what I think is happening in San Diego. But the Chargers don’t have time to wait for fans to get over their feelings of betrayal. Money that could be going to the owners is just being left on the table and that will not stand. Just look at what commissioner Roger Goodell had to say about the matter: That’s a very political answer. The fact that he’s forced to comment on the idea of the Chargers’ not finding a fanbase means something. I think he wants to make a big move and get the Spanos family out of this contract. This is all conjecture, but the Chargers could keep their “Los Angeles” name and play in a stadium in the City of Industry — a location closer to San Diego and also has millions of people who hate going up to Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have been flourishing on the other side of the orange curtain, and they make loads of money. And Orange County fans and Inland Empire fans will embrace a team if they feel like it’s theirs and not the weirdos who live in the Hollywood Hills. Of course, the more likely landing spot for the Chargers would be overseas where any cast-off NFL franchise seems likely to end up in the next decade or so. The London Chargers doesn’t really roll off the tongue, but you know what does? 80,000 screaming fans. Let the Chargers make a fortune in the U.K. You can even rebrand them and call them the London Hufflepuffs for all I care. Just end the embarrassment of the Chargers trying to make it happen in LA. It’s awkward and everyone (including the Spanos family) knows it. Can the Rams dominate the sports landscape in LA while sharing a stadium with the Chargers? Sure, why not. Do you really want a banner of Melvin Gordon in a Chargers’ uniform, hanging over the wall when you walk into a Rams’ game? No. I want the Stadium to be officially known as the Rams House. Think about how rad that would be if the only NFL franchise playing in the Inglewood stadium was the Rams. The fight for LA still rages on. Yes http://www.ramsfootballauthentics.com/john-johnson-jersey-authentic , the Rams are involved, but they’re in a war with the Dodgers and Lakers for the focus of LA.And the Chargers are on the outside looking in.Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks: Rams learn strength of offense, weakness of defense in Week 5 win The Los Angeles Rams’ offense appears to be unstoppableThe Seattle Seahawks threw some serious haymakers at the Rams’ perfect record on Sunday, but each time Seattle made a big play, the Rams were able to counter. The Minnesota Vikings game, while never feeling as in doubt as the Seattle road win did, similarly resembled a Star Wars scene, with space crafts dumping laser beams on each other continuously until the final minute. But with interesting weather conditions, increased pocket pressure, and concussions to receivers Cooper Kupp and Brandin Cooks; the machine kept slogging through a feisty Seattle defense. As long as Jared Goff, Todd Gurley, and Sean McVay are in the building there seems to be a belief that the Rams will outlast whatever an opposing offense can muster. And Goff’s office usually remains clean and safe behind a line that has somehow improved entering their second season together. The defense remains a work in progressOn an individual level, most defensive players have performed adequately. Surely having Aqib Talib back would buy some time so that the pass rush could get home and contain quarterbacks more often, but technically backup corner Troy Hill played well in Talib’s place. Obviously, the defense was hurt by several Marcus Peters’ gambles in the Seahawks game, but it seems that the edge rushers Youth Ndamukong Suh Jersey , Samson Ebukam and Matt Longacre need to provide more containment on the pass rush moving forward. Ndamukong Suh and Aaron Donald are doing a good job of blasting the gut, but if quarterbacks are able to drift out of the pocket to buy themselves time, the job is left incomplete. Against the run the Rams defense has been solid at times this season. The Seahawks game was not one of those times. Seattle’s gruesome twosome of Chris Carson and Mike Davis had lanes all day against the Rams. It’s hard to be sure what Wade Phillips answer will be, but perhaps he will dial back some of the pass rush on occasion, and emphasize gap integrity that could provide more of a chance to read plays and stay home; similar to the way the Falcons played against the Rams in last year’s Wildcard game. And that is the last bit of advice this blogger will lend to a genius like Wade Phillips today. Let’s see what adjustments take place this week.Sean McVay has cultivated a championship cultureWhether it’s the offense having barbecues together in their spare time, or going for it in 4th down situations where few other coaches would, McVay has put ownership of his team’s destiny in his player’s hands. Following Sunday’s win McVay reasoned ,“They wanted to go for it, so you want to put the trust in them, and they delivered.” What he really just did, was he allowed Jared Goff to take a major step toward becoming a respected team leader. It’s easy to forget that most of the players are in their mid-20s, and how easy it is to be a fool at that age. But McVay is a true teacher who takes the time to explain why and how things work to allow for a big-picture understanding. No matter what big personalities the Rams have brought in, this team seems about as professional as it gets.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).