Jon Jones saw all the zeros next to Floyd Mayweather Jr. [url=http://www.airmax95forsaleonline.com/]Air Max 95 Release Dates[/ur

in Residenz des Hokage 29.01.2019 06:45
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

Jon Jones saw all the zeros next to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Air Max 95 Release Dates .s name. He knows how much money the worlds best boxer made while dominating his opponent last weekend. If Jones does something similar to Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165 in Toronto this weekend, he realizes the reward for being arguably the worlds top mixed martial artist is only a fraction of Mayweathers $40 million-plus payday. And it doesnt bother the UFC light heavyweight champion at all. "Im grateful to make the money I make," Jones said. "As a 26-year-old, I never would have imagined being in this position. And Im also a person that doesnt believe money is the key to life or happiness." Jones (18-1) is the UFCs main attraction at Air Canada Centre on Saturday when he steps into the octagon with Swedens Gustafsson (15-1), the latest 205-pounder to take a shot at ending Jones 2 1/2-year championship reign. If Jones wins, hell break Tito Ortizs promotion record with his sixth successful title defence. But MMAs probable pound-for-pound champion wont get anything near the jaw-dropping reward given to Mayweather for schooling Saul Alvarez. The financial disparities for the stars of these related sports have been topics of contention for years. But dont look for any indignation from Jones, who also has endorsement deals with Nike and Gatorade. The MMA champion and his two NFL-star brothers grew up on discounted school lunches, and hes willing to be patient with a young sport he picked up just six years ago. "Just being comfortable makes me happy," he said. "I dont need those type of paydays. Would it be nice? It would be great to get paid the way other pro athletes get paid. I believe it will come. Im just going to keep doing my part. ... If somebody is going to pay me over a million dollars to fight, do you think Im going to talk trash about that? No way. Im so happy. I think $40 million, thats like ridiculous, in a good way." UFC 165 also features interim bantamweight titlist Renan Barao, unbeaten in 30 straight fights since his pro debut in 2005, defending his belt against former WEC champ Eddie Wineland. Heavyweights Brendan Schaub and Matt Mitrione also meet. Just like Canelo, Gustafsson is the most logical challenger to a dominant champion. He has won six straight fights since his only career loss in April 2010, and nobody doubts he deserves the title shot given to him by UFC President Dana White. Although Jones is a heavy favourite to defeat Gustafsson, the challenger is among the few 205-pound contenders who can match Jones impressive frame. At 6-foot-5, Gustafsson is slightly taller than Jones, although the champions 84 1/2-inch wingspan is a bit broader. "Its not always about reach," said Gustafsson, who trains in Stockholm and San Diego. "Its about footwork. Its being fast, in and out. Stuff like that. Im really making sure Ive really done my homework here, and Im super motivated." But Jones is confident he can overcome any size similarities with his combination of study and skill. "Im really excited to prove that my size is just a really small part of what makes me, me," Jones said. "If my height was the reason for my dominance, I think half the NBA would be top guys in the UFC. Gustafsson, hes really nothing like me. "What gets me motivated is he hasnt had the life," Jones added. "He wants to be the top dog. A lot of the guys Ive fought before, theyve been there and they didnt appreciate it, and they lost it. Alexander has never been there, so theres a fire that Im sure he has that gets me fired up." Jones, who combs through his opponents interviews for threads to unravel their psyche, also said he found motivation for the fight in a Swedish interview in which Gustafsson called him an immature bully. So dominant for so long, its not surprising Jones has to go looking for new motivations -- and the next one after Gustafsson might be the next weight class. Jones has spent much of this promotion entertaining questions about his eventual move to heavyweight, even as he claims he plans to chase Anderson Silvas all-division record of 10 consecutive title defences. While Jones wont set a date for a move, hes already scoping out UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez, saying: "Theres some things I could do athletically that Cain has never seen before." "I want to do what makes the fans happy, and I know the fans want to see me take a heavyweight fight," Jones added. "My biggest goal was just to establish this record at light heavyweight, and once this record is established, the day after the fight, the 22nd, we can start thinking about whats going to be most interesting for the fans to see. "If Dana wants a certain fight that makes sense, after this fight would be the time to offer it to me." And while not even a pay-per-view meeting with Velasquez would be likely to match the Mayweather-Alvarez fights jaw-dropping $150 million in television sales, Jones abides. He thinks MMA is much like himself -- young, hungry and heading toward a lucrative future. "Right after the Mayweather fight, I got so many messages, and they were all the same: Now its time for a real fight," Jones said. "Its official, boxing is over, Mayweather is the only guy that matters left in the sport. After Mayweather, the sport is officially gone. It just seems like the fans are so ready for MMA to be bigger. It seems like in the fans eyes, this is the fight sport. I just think its going to take more time. What weve been able to do in our short history is remarkable." Air Max 95 Mens Sale . Paul George and Darren Collison each scored 17 points and Roy Hibbert added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (9-3), who won their third straight. Air Max 95 Womens Sale . Hawkins severely sprained his left ankle while making a diving catch during training camp and went on injured reserve with a designation he could return midway through the season. He was back at practice Wednesday. http://www.airmax95forsaleonline.com/ . -- Justin Verlander took a no-hit bid into the sixth inning and won his fourth straight decision, leading Detroit over the Kansas City Royals 9-4 Sunday and extending the Tigers winning streak to a season-high five games.IRVING, Texas -- Jason Garrett will start the stretch run in pursuit of his first trip to the playoffs on the same field where he debuted as coach of the Dallas Cowboys three years ago. His job doesnt depend on whether he gets that post-season berth. At least thats what owner Jerry Jones said Thursday. While saying he was "disappointed" in a 5-5 record that has dropped the Cowboys out of the top spot in the NFC East for the first time this season, Jones said Garrett will return in 2014 regardless of whether the Cowboys end their three-year playoff drought. "Im disappointed we dont have a better record, but he has got us in position to win the division and got a team here I firmly believe has the ability to be one of the better playing teams at the end," said Jones, addressing about a dozen reporters on the teams practice field. "A lot of this story is to be played out. It does not have a bearing on whether or not he will be our coach next year. It has no bearing on that." Asked if Garrett would be his coach next year, Jones twice said yes. The Cowboys are a half-game behind idle Philadelphia (6-5) going into an important division game at the New York Giants (4-6), who can tie Dallas for second after starting the season 0-6. Garrett wasnt sentimental about returning to the site of his first game -- a 33-20 win after Wade Phillips was fired with the Cowboys at 1-7 in 2010 -- and he wasnt particularly moved when told of Jones comments. "Were talking about practicing well today," said Garrett, who was a backup to Troy Aikman in the 1990s and was hired by Jones as offensive co-ordinator in 2007 before Phillips was named head coach. "Thats what were going to focus on, and thats something we emphasize to our team. Thats something we have to live as a coaching staff." The Cowboys finish the regular season at home against the Eagles. They have lost a playoffs-or-bust finale to a division rival each of Garretts two full seasons. Dallas had its worst game under Garrett in a 49-17 loss to New Orleans before last weeks bye, gaining less than 200 yards for the first time in a gaame Tony Romo started and finished, and giving up more than 600 yards for the second time in three weeks. Discount Air Max 95 Shoes. The defence had never allowed that many yards in franchise history. The Cowboys are still in a favourable position with a 3-0 division record, but a loss to New York would be their third in four games after falling out of first during the bye when Philadelphia beat Washington. Still, Jones doesnt want to call Sundays game a must for his team. "Just how we see at any time how another team can win," Jones said. "When you look at our division opponents and who they are playing and you look at who weve got to play, its hard to measure from here." Jones backed his coach in a similar way at the start of training camp in July, saying he didnt believe this was an "Armageddon" year for Garrett, who is 26-24 in his first 50 games. The owners latest words were welcome news in the locker room. "Hes a great coach," said defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, the teams sacks leader. "I know you guys think differently. Yall rag him all the time, but I think hes an awesome coach and I wish the best for him in the future and Im glad the Cowboys will have him back. He deserves it." Receiver Dez Bryant has spoken frequently about Garretts role in helping a young player who struggled with his maturity on and off the field. "He always stays on me because he believes in me, and I thank him for it," Bryant said. "Hes always checking on us. He sees how our day goes. I know everybody around the league dont get that." Notes: The Cowboys released CB Micah Pellerin and signed LB Orie Lemon, raising doubts about rookie LB DeVonte Hollomans availability after missing four games with a neck injury. Holloman practiced Wednesday but was not on the field Thursday. Pellerin played in two games after signing off the practice squad. Lemon signed with Dallas as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played in five games last season. Kansas City released him at the end of training camp, and he was signed to Arizonas practice squad Oct. 8. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).