0-9 with a 3.74 ERA. I know

in Residenz des Hokage 23.01.2019 06:55
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

ST. Cheap Authentic Shoes Online . LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals try to punch their ticket to the National League Championship Series on Tuesday when they play Game 4 of the NLDS against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Busch Stadium. It wont be easy for St. Louis, though, as it will go up against Dodgers left- hander Clayton Kershaw, who will be pitching on short rest following his Game 1 loss. The probable NL Cy Young Award winner was cruising along against the Cardinals on Friday, but was unable to hold a five-run lead, as St. Louis scored eight times in the seventh and roughed Kershaw up for eight runs in 6 2/3 innings in a 10-9 win. Theres always something to prove. This game is very humbling, said Kershaw. I try not to look at all the numbers and all the stats, just try to go out and try to win a game for us (Tuesday). You try to stay on as even keel as you possibly can and just prepare for the next one. Kershaw had given up seven runs in four innings in the decisive Game 6 of the NL Championship Series against the Cardinals last year. With the poor showing in Game 1, Kershaw became the first pitcher in major league history to give up seven runs or more in back-to-back postseason starts. Obviously after as bad as I pitched in Game 1, it wasnt going to be me going in there and say, I want the ball, Kershaw said. But I was definitely ready for it and definitely wanted to do it, just waiting for the opportunity. The postseason, though, hasnt been kind to the two-time NL Cy Young Award winner, as he is 1-4 with a 5.20 ERA in 10 games (7 starts). St. Louis has been even less friendly. In his last five starts at Busch Stadium, Kershaw is 0-4 with a 6.28 ERA. Still, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly had no problem going to his ace, and for good reason. Kershaw was absolutely marvelous for the Dodgers this season, as he led the majors with a 21-3 record, an .875 winning percentage, a 1.77 ERA and an 0.86 WHIP. He was also second in the NL with 239 strikeouts, three behind Johnny Cueto of the Reds and Stephen Strasburg of the Nationals, in 27 starts. Hes back to business, its Clayton Kershaw, Mattingly said. I hate to say it like that. These kind of guys dont curl up and go away. You dont get to where you are, you dont win four ERA titles and end up going to win three out of the last four Cy Youngs -- could have won all four of them -- just by anything goes bad, you just curl up and go away. These guys go to work, they come back. They keep working and they keep going. So this is a different cat. St. Louis grabbed the upper hand in this best-of-five set on Monday, as Kolten Wongs two-run blast in the seventh inning was enough to give the Cardinals a 3-1 victory. To finally contribute to this team and do something special is exciting for me, Wong said. I let a lot of emotion out. It was an awesome feeling. Im glad I was able to give us the lead. John Lackey (1-0) struck out eight over seven innings and allowed just one run on five hits. Matt Carpenter hit his third home run of the series for St. Louis, which is vying for its fourth straight NLCS appearance. Carpenter, who had eight home runs over 595 at-bats this season and had never in his career gone deep in back-to-back games, became the just the sixth player to homer in the first three games of a single postseason. Also, all three of his home runs have come off of three different lefties. He had homered just twice off of a left-hander in the previous six months. With two home runs on Monday and six in the series, the Cardinals have tallied 10 of their 15 NLDS runs off the long ball. St. Louis ranked last in the NL with 105 home runs in the regular season. Getting the call for the Cardinals on Tuesday will be righty Shelby Miller, who will be making his first postseason start after going 10-9 with a 3.74 ERA. I know Ill be nervous, excited, Miller said. I feel like its an awesome opportunity to get to pitch in games like this. My whole life Ive been excited and been waiting for this kind of opportunity. I think the biggest thing is just take it all in and just fight for my teammates. Miller lost his only start against the Dodgers this season and is 1-1 in five games (3 starts) against them with a 6.57 ERA. Los Angeles took four of the seven regular season matchups between these clubs this season. St. Louis and Los Angeles have met four times in the playoffs (1985, 2004, 2009, 2013) and the Dodgers won only one series, sweeping the Cards in three games in the 2009 Division Series. Cheap Authentic Shoes From China . Catch all the action on TSN starting at 10:30pm et/7:30pm pt. Toronto won at Denver and Utah, but lost in Portland and Sacramento. The Kings loss was the most recent game for the Raptors. Cheap Authentic Shoes Sale . Chris Heisey followed with a two-run triple and Billy Hamilton added an RBI double, all but sealing Cincinnatis fourth straight victory and seventh in eight games. Brandon Phillips, celebrating his 33rd birthday, hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth for the Reds before pinch-hitter Buster Posey tied it with an RBI double off hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom half. http://www.cheapauthenticshoes.com/ . It will then be back to business once the puck drops as the two clubs battle for key points in their respective playoff races. Watch the game live on TSN Canadiens and listen on TSN Radio 690 starting at 7:30pm et.BROOMFIELD, Colo. -- Ruslan Provodnikov bruised Mike Alvarado all night with blow after powerful blow. Then, he broke Alvarados spirit. The Russian brawler nicknamed the "Siberian Rocky" captured the junior welterweight title on Saturday when Alvarado couldnt answer the bell for the 11th round. Provodnikov (23-2) knocked down Alvarado (34-2) twice in the eighth round with a series of punches near the ropes and finished him off late in the 10th. The fight was halted by referee Tony Weeks, who asked Alvarado a few times if he wanted to continue and Alvarado responded that he didnt. To Provodnikov, he couldnt have envisioned a better ending, comparing Alvarado throwing in the towel to Roberto Duran famously saying "No mas," in a fight against Sugar Ray Leonard in 1980. "I made him not want to fight me anymore," Provodnikov said through a translator. "This is the best way I could become the champion." Promoter Bob Arum, who represents Alvarado, said his boxer might have suffered a concussion. Provodnikov didnt have trainer Freddie Roach in his corner. Roach remained in the Philippines to work out with Manny Pacquiao, who fights Brandon Rios next month in Macau. It hardly mattered as Marvin Somodio filled in and kept Provodnikov on course. "My team told me, Youre ready -- come out and become a champion," Provodnikov said. "I was doing my job." Not even chants from the home crowd could lift Alvarado, who grew up in Denver and was wearing blue-and-orange trunks in honour of the Denver Broncos. Alvarado got lured into Provodnikovs kind of fight -- more brawling than boxing -- and never recovered. This was quite a contrast to Alvarados win over Rios seven months ago, when he had a near flawless fight. Alvarados eye puffed up midway through the fight, the result of a barrage of punches throughout the fight. "It just wasnt Mikes night. He was too defensive," said Shann Vilhauer, the trainer for Alvarado. "I think he just started reading all these clips after the (Brandon) Rios fight, that he was a great boxer and he got away from what hes best at. This guy ((Provodnikov) was tailor made for him. Cheap Authentic Shoes Wholesale. He didnt take advantage." After the fight, Alvarado said that Provodnikov threw the hardest punches he has ever encountered. He also said manager Henry Delgado stopped the fight and that he agreed with the decision. "It was not worth taking more punishment because the damage could be permanent," Alvarado said. "It just wasnt my night. I have a lot of heart. Im not a quitter." This was the biggest bout in the area since former World Boxing Council lightweight champion Stevie Johnston fell to Jose Luis Castillo in 2000. It also was the first time HBO has televised a live fight from Colorado. Provodnikov didnt pay any attention to the pre-fight "boos," or the crowd constantly chanting, "3-0-3," the citys area code. "If you want to be a world champion, you have to risk it -- go and fight the best, go to his hometown," Provodnikov said. With the win, Provodnikov could likely be in line for the winner of Pacquiao and Rios. The other likely candidate is Timothy Bradley Jr., a fighter Provodnikov lost to in a memorable bout last March. A rematch with Alvarado isnt out of the question, either. "Unbelievable," said Arthur Pelullo, the president of Banner Promotions, which represents Provodnikov. "He had a great game plan. Even though Freddie wasnt here, he stuck to the game plan. Alvarado is a tough son of a gun. He was the kind of kid youve got to give respect to. Hes a champion." On the undercard, Juan Diaz (38-4) landed jab after jab on Juan Santiago (14-11-1), but couldnt put him away in a lightweight fight. Diazs dominating performance led to a unanimous decision as he remained unblemished in his third fight back after a two-year layoff. Diaz, a former titleholder nicknamed "Baby Bull," got burned out on boxing and took some time off, even opening a trucking company in Houston. "I got some much-needed rounds," said Diaz, whos hoping for another title shot down the road. "I think I broke him down very well throughout the fight. ... He gave me a good fight." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).