playing in the Davis Cup in Tokyo

in Regeln und Informationen 09.01.2019 04:05
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

ST. Antonio Callaway Jersey . LOUIS -- For six innings, Matt Garza was in top form. Then he tweaked a left oblique and it all fell apart for the Milwaukee Brewers. The Brewers bullpen quickly surrendered a two-run lead that had once seemed so secure in a 3-2 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday. "It was bad enough where I had to take myself out of the game and I dont do that," Garza said. "Theres too much left in the season and I thought Id make the smart play." Manager Ron Roenicke said Garza will be examined on Monday after feeling his side grab on one of his final pitches. "He couldnt keep going," Roenicke said. "Great game, great fastball. He had a lot working." Garza said he had a similar injury last spring. "I hadnt even thought of it and it just happened, and you try and think of what you did," Garza said. "It felt like a muscle grab, and it was one of those, and son of a gun." John Lackey won his St. Louis debut when the Cardinals rallied for three runs in the seventh inning, capped by a go-ahead from rookie Oscar Taveras. The Cardinals took two of three from NL Central-leading Milwaukee and pulled within one game of the division lead. "We played a good ballgame," Roenicke said. "Got a couple of runs of Lackey and put up some zeroes and you feel pretty good about the game. "It didnt work out." Lackey (1-0) was the Cardinals big catch at the trade deadline that capitalized on Bostons sell-off. The right-hander won the clinching Game 6 of the World Series against St. Louis last fall allowed two runs and seven hits in seven innings and is 12-7 overall. Trevor Rosenthal struck out Carlos Gomez with two on for his major league-leading 34th save in 38 chances. Matt Holliday homered off Zach Duke with one out in the seventh. Recently acquired A.J. Pierzynski hit a tying single off Jeremy Jeffress (0-1) and Taveras singled up the middle. Aramis Ramirez had an RBI single in the first for Milwaukee, his seventh hit of the series, and Mark Reynolds hit his 19th homer in the second. Lyle Overbay pinch-hit for Garza in the seventh with two outs, a runner on first and the Brewers up 2-0. Garza had been coming up the dugout steps, but Roenicke said the pitcher hadnt heard him say he was coming out. "When youre talking about obliques, you cant go out there," Roenicke said. Overbay singled, raising his career average to .364 against Lackey, but Gomez popped up. Garza was out after just 71 pitches, and the Brewers bullpen quickly surrendered the lead. Garza needed just 38 pitches and faced the minimum the first four innings. He went to a full count for the first time against Matt Adams, who doubled leading off the fifth. TRAINERS ROOM Brewers: Second baseman Scooter Gennett and shortstop Jean Segura did not start, both nursing sore quads. Gennett struck out pinch-hitting in the ninth. Cardinals: Outfielder Jon Jay missed his fifth straight start with a sore wrist from a checked swing in San Diego. He had to be extra disappointed, given hes 8 for 13 with a homer against Garza. UP NEXT Brewers: Milwaukee awaits the Giants, with Jimmy Nelson (1-2, 4.30) facing Tim Lincecum (9-7, 4.21) on Tuesday at Miller Park. Cardinals: After an off-day, the Cardinals host Boston for a three-game series beginning Tuesday night. On Wednesday, Shelby Miller (8-8, 4.14) faces ex-teammate and close friend Joe Kelly (2-2, 4.37), who was traded to Boston in the Lackey trade. Miller and Kelly were the best man in each others wedding. NUMBERS GAME Ramirez is batting .522 (12 for 23) during a six-game hitting streak. Hes batting .459 (17 for 37) against the Cardinals this year with two homers and nine RBIs. He has 37 homers and 139 RBIs against St. Louis, most among active players. Briean Boddy-Calhoun Jersey . Make the extra pass, take care of the ball, play defence and get more out of his bench. Seth DeValve Jersey . Venus Williams advanced to the ASB Classic final in Auckland on a walkover when fellow American Jamie Hampton withdrew from their semifinal Friday with a right hip injury. http://www.officialclevelandbrownsfootball.com/authentic-bernie-kosar-jersey-womens .ca. Hi Kerry, Welcome back! Im sure you heard Peter Forsbergs comments last week regarding Canadian referees in the gold medal game. Seems to me that he was questioning the integrity and impartiality.MELBOURNE, Australia - Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil withdrew from the Australian Open on Thursday due to a lingering back injury as fellow Canadian Milos Raonic reached the third round. Raonic, seeded 11th, won his match after it was interrupted by rain in the second set. He defeated Victor Hanescu of Romania 7-6 (9), 6-4, 6-4 and will next face Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria, who defeated Lu Yen-Hsun of Taiwan, 6-3, 6-3, 7-6 (11). Pospisil, the No. 28 seed, pulled out during a doubles match a day before his scheduled third-round singles match against Stanisials Wawrinka of Switzerland. Pospisil, 23, and Austrian partner Julien Knowle were losing 1-2 to an Australian duo in the first round of their match when he withdrew after being told by doctors he risked compromising his season if he continued. He will return to Vancouver on Friday to start rehab in hopes of playing in the Davis Cup in Tokyo in two weeks. Pospisil called it an unfortunate and disappointing injury. "Im really disappointed to be pulling out. Its my first third round in a Grand Slam. I was excited to do my best and take the opportunity, but unfortunately not able to do so at this time." "Its nothing too serious right now, but theres significant risk if I were to play on it that I could do some serious damage, Popisil added. "I dont want to jeopardize the rest of my season in any way. So it was just the smart move really to pull out, and be safe with my body and try and get reeady hopefully in time for Davis Cup. Duke Johnson Jersey. quot; Pospisil first felt the problem in a semi-final against Wawrinka this month in Chennai, India and withdrew in the second set. He also withdrew from a tournament last week in Sydney. Pospisil bounced back on Wednesday, however, to earn a 3-6, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (9), 6-1 victory over Australian Matthew Ebden. "Theres nothing thats really wrong with it (the back) right now," stressed Pospisil. "Its just more preventive, Im supposed to keep off it for a little while." Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., began his match in the evening after tournament officials had halted play on all courts except the covered ones due to a temperature of more than 43 C on the third day of a record heat wave. Raonic, 23, is into the Melbourne third round for a fourth consecutive year. No. 76 Hanescu had defeated Raonic in the first round of the Rogers Cup in Toronto in 2010 but lost their next meeting in Chennai at the start of 2012. Raonic found himself in a fight early on with Hanescu as the pair each held onto serve in a set which eventually went into a tiebreak. The Canadian saved a Romanian set point but needed three of his own to earn the set after 56 minutes. In the second set, Raonic went up an early break and was in control when the weather moved in. He returned to take the set, stayed in command in the third and posted the victory in two hours, 19 minutes with 27 aces on his fourth match point. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).