FALCON HEIGHTS, Minn. [url=http://www.officialcapitalsfanstore.com/authentic-john-carlson-capi tals-jersey/]John Carlson Jersey[/

in Residenz des Hokage 30.12.2018 09:31
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

FALCON HEIGHTS, Minn. John Carlson Jersey . -- Andrew Wiggins spent the previous month seemingly in hiding, side-stepping questions about a trade that was all but finished and coming to the realization he was not going to be teammates with LeBron James. On Tuesday -- finally -- Wiggins and the rest of the new Minnesota Timberwolves got to address the issue head on and have their moment in the sun. The Timberwolves unveiled the bounty they got for All-Star Kevin Love at the Minnesota State Fair, and Wiggins wore an ear-to-ear smile for most of the day as hundreds of fans followed him around the fairgrounds. It was a warm welcome after the disappointment of being drafted No. 1 overall by Cleveland, only to be shipped out when the Cavaliers decided to acquire the veteran Love to help James chase down a championship. "Its been a crazy summer, really up and down. Kind of lost, not really knowing where Im going," said Wiggins, a native of Vaughan, Ont. "But I wanted to play for a team that wanted me. I felt the love as soon as I got off the plane at the airport, so its all good now. Im excited for this season." Wiggins made the remarks while sitting on a stage with Anthony Bennett of Brampton, Ont., and Thaddeus Young -- the two other players that came to Minnesota in the three-team blockbuster -- and Timberwolves first-round draft pick Zach LaVine. Truth be told, Wiggins has known for weeks that he was never going to play for the Cavs -- becoming just the second No. 1 overall pick since the NBA-ABA merger in 1976 to be traded without ever playing a game for the team that drafted him. But a seldom-used rule in the collective bargaining agreement prevented the deal from being consummated for 30 days. "Ive been hearing all the talks for a while now," said Bennett, the No. 1 overall pick in 2013. "So me being here in Minnesota, its a great (state). Its a great fan base, great team coming up where everybodys young. We have some vets, too. Im just here to learn from everybody." Reports leaked out long before the deadline that the deal was agreed upon and Wiggins had to make a couple of awkward promotional appearances where he bobbed and weaved around questions about his uncertain future. When it was made official, Wiggins had to hear about moving from a team that expected to contend for a title with the NBAs best player on board to a franchise that hasnt made the playoffs in 10 years. For a 19-year-old, that could be tough to swallow. "For me its not really hard to accept it," Wiggins said flatly. "Im the type of guy that I go to where Im needed. I go to where Im wanted, really. Thats what I like." He handed out autographed photos at the fair and was followed from station to station by dozens of giddy fans. Wiggins and LaVine went down a giant slide, Bennett ate some deep fried alligator meat and Young reveled in the festive atmosphere. "Ive never been a part of something this big before," said Young, a seven-year veteran. Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor was ecstatic about the enthusiasm the deal has generated among a worn-down fan base. It contrasts sharply with the deal the team made back in 2007 to trade Kevin Garnett to Boston. "I spoke the truth that if Kevin (Love) would stay here I think we would have the best season," Taylor said. "But inside I knew I dont think Kevin was giving us that alternative, even though its what I wanted. So now you have the thing where Kevin kind of said trade me or youre going to pay the (price) next year. We had four teams that came to us with significant offers. But this truly had the biggest upside." Earlier in the day, the players visited Target Center for the first time as Timberwolves. Wiggins walked around the locker room and slipped on a white No. 22 Wolves jersey with his name on the back. As he sat down in the chair in front of his locker, he let out a big sigh. Finally, all the trade talk, all the uncertainty, all the posturing was over. He is a Timberwolf now. And instead of being a sidekick for James, hes one of the central figures in a team that appears to at least have a sense of direction for the first time in the last decade. "It was a big relief," Wiggins said. "Now its solidified. Im situated in a spot where I know Im going to be at for a very, very long time. Its comforting." Alexander Alexeyev Jersey . The All Blacks played their best rugby of recent years when they beat South Africa 38-27 in Johannesburg two weeks ago, clinching the Rugby Championships in a match which has been hailed as one of the best ever played. Mike Gartner Jersey . Mike Ribeiro had a goal and an assist as Phoenix held on to snap a two-game losing streak with a 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Friday. http://www.officialcapitalsfanstore.com/ . According to TSN Edmonton reporter Ryan Rishaug, agent Rick Valette met with Oilers senior VP of hockey operations Scott Howson and general manager Craig MacTavish on Monday to kick off the talks.Chapel Hill, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Justin Jackson scored 16 points with a full line and Brice Johnson posted a double-double as No. 15 North Carolina took care of Virginia Tech, 68-53, on Sunday. Johnson tallied 12 points and 11 rebounds and Jackson added seven boards and four assists for North Carolina (14-4, 4-1 ACC), which won comfortably after playing three straight nail biters. The Tar Heels went 2-1 during a stretch of one-possession finishes. J.P. Tokoto added 10 points and three other Tar Heels chipped in eight apiece. Adam Smith paced the Hokies (8-9, 0-4) with 11 points, and Shane Henry scored 10 with nine rebounds. Virginia Tech was without leading scorer Justin Bibbs, who missed the game with a concussion. Virginia Tech stayed withhin striking distance early on, trailing just 19-16 following Jalen Hudsons 3 near the midpoint of the first half. Brooks Orpik Jersey. But the Hokies went nearly seven minutes without a point after that as UNC created some distance. Dunks by Johnson, Tokoto and Isaiah Hicks kicked off an 11-0 run, which Jackson capped with five points. The Tar Heels led 34-21 at halftime and extended the lead to 17 points on back-to-back Johnson baskets with 11 1/2 minutes to play. Virginia Tech trailed by at least eight the rest of the way. Game Notes UNC outrebounded Virginia Tech, 49-22 ... Virginia Tech has lost five straight games ... Virginia Tech has lost 13 straight road games dating back to last season. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).