PHILADELPHIA -- Even Starlin Castro knew Roberto Hernandez didnt hit him on purpose. [url=http://www.cheaptexasamjerseys.com/]Wh

in Residenz des Hokage 30.12.2018 09:31
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Even Starlin Castro knew Roberto Hernandez didnt hit him on purpose. Wholesale Texas A&M Jerseys . Jake Arrieta threw seven impressive innings, Castro hit a two-run homer and the Chicago Cubs beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-1 Friday night in matchup of last-place teams. A strange ejection occurred in the sixth inning when Hernandez was tossed by plate umpire Mark Ripperger after hitting Castro on the left arm with a fastball. There were no previous warnings, hit batters, or inside pitches. Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg also was ejected after he came out to argue. "I dont think he did it on purpose," Castro said. "Hes a good friend of mine. I see him every day in the Dominican. I dont think he would do that on purpose. He told me, Im sorry. Its not on purpose. I already know. Hes not like that. Hes not that kind of person." The umpires didnt see it that way. "In our opinion he threw at the hitter," crew chief Gary Cederstrom said. Asked if a warning shouldve come first, Cederstrom said: "I thought the appropriate action was taken." Hernandez was baffled. He threw his arms up in disbelief on the mound before walking off the field to cheers from the crowd. "I was very, very surprised," he said. "I didnt throw that on purpose. I wanted to continue to throw the ball down. I had two outs. I wanted to pitch into the next inning. I didnt throw it on purpose. I wanted to keep pitching." Arrieta (2-1) allowed two hits and no runs, tying a career high with nine strikeouts. He didnt give up a hit until Domonic Brown sliced a double just inside the left field line with one out in the fifth. "I had a good mix tonight, good velocity, good movement, good location," Arrieta said. "With those three things, youre going to have success. Its never easy to win and have success at a high level. But you do things the right way and learn, day in and day out, and try and get better at least one thing every time you come to the yard, you give yourself an opportunity to perform at a high level." The Phillies were seeking their first four-game winning streak since last June 2-6. Hernandez (2-5) allowed two runs and three hits in 5 2-3 innings. He walked Anthony Rizzo leading off the fourth. Castro then drove his ninth homer out to left. Jimmy Rollins led off the bottom of the ninth off Neil Ramirez with a double to tie Mike Schmidts franchise record of 2,234 hits. After Marlon Byrd walked with two outs, Brown hit an RBI single to right to cut it to 2-1. But Ramirez struck out Carlos Ruiz looking to end it and earn his second save. "Too little too late," Sandberg said. "We just came up short at the end." NOTES: The Cubs activated CF Ryan Sweeney from the disabled list and placed INF/OF Emilio Bonifacio on the 15-day DL. ... Phillies ace Cliff Lee threw again on Friday, but its uncertain when hell rejoin the rotation. Lee has missed four starts with an elbow strain. ... Phillies setup man Mike Adams received a cortisone shot in his ailing right shoulder and is expected to start a throwing program in 10 days. ... Phillies 3B Cody Asche (hamstring) began a rehab assignment at Class-A Lakewood. He could return to the lineup late next week. ... Both teams wore 1964 retro uniforms. ... Edwin Jackson (4-6, 4.70) goes for the Cubs against David Buchanan (1-3, 6.08) on Saturday afternoon. Cheap Texas A&M Jerseys Authentic . Griffin scored 13 of his 31 points in the final 7:05 and Dudley got 11 of his 20 points in the third quarter, leading the defending Pacific Division champions to a 112-85 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "Dud is a shooter. Myles Garrett College Jersey . LOUIS -- The St. http://www.cheaptexasamjerseys.com/ .m. on Friday. Granger was acquired from the Indiana Pacers last Thursday for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen, but never played a minute for Philadelphia. The 76ers also received a 2015 second-round draft pick in the deal.How Canada has fared at the world junior hockey championship since 1974 (with year, finish, coach and parent club in parentheses):2014 _ Fourth (Brent Sutter, Hockey Canada)2013 _ Fourth (Steve Spott, Kitchener, OHL)2012 _ Bronze (Don Hay, Kamloops, WHL)2011 _ Silver (Dave Cameron, Mississauga St. Michaels, OHL)2010 _ Silver (Willie Desjardins, Medicine Hat, WHL)2009 _ Gold (Pat Quinn, Hockey Canada)2008 _ Gold (Craig Hartsburg, Sault Ste. Marie, OHL)2007 _ Gold (Craig Hartsburg, Sault Ste. Marie, OHL)2006 _ Gold (Brent Sutter, Red Deer, WHL)2005 _ Gold (Brent Sutter, Red Deer, WHL)2004 _ Silver (Mario Durocher, Sherbrooke, QMJHL)2003 _ Silver (Marc Habscheid, Kelowna, WHL2002 _ Silver (Stan Butler, Brampton, OHL)2001 _ Bronze (Stan Butler, Brampton, OHL)2000 _ Bronze (Claude Julien, Hull, QMJHL)1999 _ Silver (Tom Renney, Hockey Canada)1998 _ Eighth (Real Paiement, QMJHL)1997 _ Gold (Mike Babcock, Spokane, WHL)1996 _ Gold (Marcel Comeau, Kelowna, WHL)1995 _ Gold (Don Hay, Kamloops, WHL)1994 _ Gold (Joee Canale, Beauport, QMJHL)1993 _ Gold (Perry Pearn, Northern Alta. Stitched Texas A&M Jerseys. Institute of Technology, CCAA)1992 _ Sixth (Rick Cornacchia, Oshawa, OHL)1991 _ Gold (Dick Todd, Peterborough, OHL)1990 _ Gold (Guy Charron, Hockey Canada)1989 _ Fourth (Tom Webster, Windsor, OHL)1988 _ Gold (Dave Chambers, York Univ., CIAU)1987 _ Disqualified (Bert Templeton, North Bay, OHL)1986 _ Silver (Terry Simpson, Prince Albert, WHL)1985 _ Gold (Terry Simpson, Prince Albert, WHL)1984 _ Fourth (Brian Kilrea, Ottawa, OHL)1983 _ Bronze (Dave King, Univ. of Saskatchewan, CIAU)1982 _ Gold (Dave King, Univ. of Saskatchewan, CIAU)1981 _ Seventh (Bob Kilger, Cornwall, QMJHL)1980 _ Fifth (Mike Keenan, Peterborough, OHL)1979 _ Fifth (Ernie McLean, New Westminster, WHL)1978 _ Bronze (Ernie McLean, New Westminster, WHL)1977 _ Silver (Bert Templeton, St. Catharines, OHL)1976 _ Silver (Ghislain Delage, Sherbrooke, QMJHL)1975 _ Silver (Jackie McLeod, Saskatoon, WHL)1974 _ Bronze (Roger Neilson, Peterborough, OHL)END Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).