The Wizards went on a 15-4 run

in Regeln und Informationen 19.12.2018 04:34
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

TORONTO – Now would be a good time to start stocking the clubhouses in Baltimore, Detroit, Seattle, New York and Cleveland with extra beer and fried chicken. Authentic Nicolas Batum Jersey . It will take an Orioles collapse the likes of the 2011 Red Sox for the Blue Jays to emerge American League East champions. The wild card scene, littered with the clubs mentioned above, is cluttered and becomes increasingly complicated the more teams jump between the Jays and the lead dog. The math is simple. Entering Fridays play, the Tigers, leading the second wild card spot by a half-game over the Mariners, were on a percentage pace to win 88 games. In order to get to 88 victories, likely the bare minimum of what it would take to make the postseason, the Jays must go 23-12 over their final 35 games. Thats a winning percentage of .657. The math is daunting. The manager, the coaches and the players know the math. But knowing the math and dwelling on the math, they insist, are two different things. "No, I wasnt very good at math," joked manager John Gibbons. "Actually that was my best subject in school but nobody knows what its going to take; just go out and win some games." "I know that we need to play better than we have been playing," said Adam Lind. "Its still August. There are still a lot of games left, whether it makes it easier or not for us to get into the playoffs. There are still too many games left to start thinking about the end." The Jays are back in Toronto for the longest remaining home stand of the season and the second-longest overall. The club will play nine games against three divisional rivals. First, the Rays come to town and theyll be followed by Boston, an off-day on Thursday and then New York. Working off the need to play at least .657 baseball the rest of the way, The Blue Jays must win at least six of nine (.666) on this home stand. "This is when you find out what players are made of when you get challenges like that," said Dioner Navarro. "Lets see what happens. Weve got Eddie back, Lindy back. Weve got five more weeks to play hard and try to accomplish something that hasnt been accomplished in 20-something years." Since theres no carryover in baseball, the Jays can only hope the offensive slump which temporarily ended in Wednesdays 9-5 win over the Brewers is a sign of things to come. "Were in a pretty good frame of mind. Thats never really been a problem with this group," said Gibbons. "Every games important." The Blue Jays need a strong finish to make the playoffs. Failing a postseason appearance, a strong finish and meaningful games deep into September would set a better tone heading into spring training, multiple players said. Another player confided to TSN.ca what should be considered obvious when factoring in the human subconscious: its easier to want to be at the ballpark everyday, late in the season, when theres something on the line. The aches and pains which accumulate over a long year, exacerbated by Rogers Centres decrepit turf, would not only be more easily tolerated but would go ignored if a playoff spot is in reach. Questions about a starting rotation, full of them in spring, are resurfacing now that the group appears to be regressing. The club is waiting for the recent returns of Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind to help bolster an offence thats hit only nine home runs this month. The problem is the waiting and the fact that there isnt any time left to wait. The turnaround, if its to happen, must begin now. Stitched Hornets Jerseys Online . According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the deal will pay Schenn $2.25 million in the first year and $2.75 million in the second year. In 82 games with the Flyers in 2013-14, Schenn scored 20 goals and added 21 assists. Discount Hornets Jerseys . -- The Toronto Maple Leafs are tightening the race for second place in the Atlantic Division. http://www.cheaphornetsjerseysauthentic.com/ .ca. Mr. Fraser, I think everyone would like to hear your opinion on what sort of suspension Zac Rinaldo should get. His comment after the game of I changed the whole game, man.WASHINGTON -- A month ago Drew Goodens home court was at an LA Fitness facility a few miles outside of Washington, D.C. Now hes squarely in the U.S. capital and helping the Washington Wizards playoff drive. John Wall scored 33 points, Gooden got 11 of his 21 in the final quarter and the Wizards overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 101-94 win over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night. "You guys joke about me being old, but Im still Drew Gooden," the 32-year-old said. "And thats what I do. Once I see a couple going in I feel like I cant miss. Tonight the ball was definitely on my side and it dropped for me tonight." Goodens 3-pointer broke a 94-94 tie with 2:37 left. Trevor Ariza then scored off an offensive rebound with 44 seconds left and Wall capped it with dunk. Washington completed a sweep of the season series (3-0) and moved ahead of Brooklyn for fifth place in the Eastern Conference. The game between two teams that could meet in the post-season had a playoff atmosphere in front of the Wizards third sellout of the season. "The longer we go here, the more games are going to feel like that. I thought the fans in the building were electric, all night," Wizards coach Randy Wittman said. "Our guys played off of that and it was an intense game, there is no question about that." Wittman said Gooden -- who added nine rebounds -- Harrington, and Andre Miller provided a lift off the bench. "A couple times early in the first half, (the game) was tinkering on a break point," Wittman said. "I thought our guys, Drew, Andre and Al, changed the tone of the game when they went in. Their physicality bled under the other guys." With starting centre/forward Nene sidelined (sprained left knee), the Wizards signed Gooden -- now in his 11th NBA season -- to a 10-day contract on Feb. 26 and another on March 8. Soon theyll have to decide whether or not to keep him for the remainder of the season. "Obviously Drew came out, and those are things he can do, he can make shots," Wittman said. Washingtons Bradley Beal, who sprained an ankle in Friday nights overtime win at Orlando, started annd added 15 points. Wholesale Hornets Jerseys. The Nets, who went the final 6:22 without a field goal, were led by Marcus Thorntons 19 points. Joe Johnson added 16 and Paul Pierce had 15. "We got great looks, it just didnt go down," Nets coach Jason Kidd said. "We executed plays, I think we might have gotten a little frustrated on the defensive end, when we were giving up shots, and that led to the carry-over on the offensive end." Thornton opened the fourth quarter with a 3-pointer that gave Brooklyn an 82-72 lead. "Thats a chance when you could put a team on its back, when you go up double figures. ..." Pierce said. "But we never could give them that big hit. And they kept grinding, kept grinding, and got back in the game." The Wizards went on a 15-4 run keyed by Gooden (8 of 11 from the field) and Harrington. Harrington started things off when he scored four points and picked up a steal that led to a basket by Beal. Then with the Wizards trailing by three, Gooden hit a layup and then a jumper from the wing that gave Washington an 87-86 lead, its first of the half. "I thought in the fourth quarter we got down and defended," Wittman said. "We didnt take any shortcuts." Thornton answered for New Jersey, making a 3 and following with a driving bank shot to put Brooklyn up 91-87 midway through the quarter. The Wizards tied it at 92 on Walls free throw. Wall nearly brought the Wizards all the way back in the third, when he scored 15 points. The Wizards cut a 12-point deficit to 63-62 before Brooklyn went on an 8-0 run. The Wizards, playing on back-to-back nights, trailed by seven after one and pulled to within 33-32 on Martell Websters 3-pointer early in the second quarter. NOTES: The Wizards improved to 17-16 at home. ... Washington last swept the Nets in 2009-10, when they took all four meetings. ... Brooklyn F Andrei Kirilenko returned after missing two games with a sprained ankle. ... Nets C Jason Collins, who signed a contract for the remainder of the season Saturday, didnt see action. ... Pierce (24,819) passed Patrick Ewing for 18th place on the NBAs career points list. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).