NEW YORK -- Jose Bautista decided it was time to take charge, not with his bat but with his feet. [url=http://www.nhlflyersproau

in Regeln und Informationen 25.01.2018 04:23
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Jose Bautista decided it was time to take charge, not with his bat but with his feet. Bernie Parent Jersey . The Toronto slugger stole second base without a throw with two outs in the ninth inning and scored when Dioner Navarro hit a go-ahead single, lifting the Blue Jays over the New York Yankees 5-4 Sunday for their first series win in the Bronx in nearly two years. "I just took a chance and said Im going to try and take a hop step when he comes set, and if he doesnt fake, Im going to run," said Bautista, who chose to run on his own against David Robertson. "He went to the plate, and I had the easiest stolen base. I got in scoring position early in the at-bat for Dioner." Robertson (1-3) blamed himself for letting Bautista run just ahead of Navarros liner to centre field. "I just let him slip. I didnt think hed be going, Robertson said. "I just didnt have my sharp stuff." After snapping a 17-game skid at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Toronto did not relent in the humidity even when it wasted three leads. The Blue Jays won for the seventh time in 10 games following the All-Star break -- the same record as the Yankees. But their first series win in New York against the AL East rival since Aug. 27-29, 2012, sent Toronto to Boston with a one-game lead over the Yankees for the second AL wild card. "Within our team, its more of a statement that we wont accept losing to anybody, because we are known as a team that doesnt give up and always battles and tries to come back from any game that were in," Bautista said. Aaron Sanchez (1-0) gave up Carlos Beltrans tying RBI hit in the eighth. Munenori Kawasaki had put Toronto ahead with a sacrifice fly that followed Dellin Betances two-base error on a pickoff attempt. "My cleat got stuck," Betances said. "As soon as that happened I had a feeling I was going to throw it away." Juan Francisco homered off Shane Greene leading off the fifth to put Toronto up 2-0. But Chase Headley hit his first homer with the Yankees, a drive off J.A. Happ, and two pitches later Francisco Cervelli hit his first homer in 15 months to tie it in the sixth. Casey Janssen pitched the ninth for his 16th save. Derek Jeter made two nice stops at shortstop and Brendan Ryan, a shortstop playing second base, also flashed some impressive leather while playing in Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki. The injured star was on the East Coast for a second opinion on his hip flexor from a doctor in Philadelphia. Bautista had a run-scoring grounder to first base after Jose Reyes led off the game with a single and Melky Cabrera doubled. Francisco led off the fifth with a drive into the second deck in right field for a 2-0 lead. But Happ gave it all back in a three-pitch span in the bottom half. First, Headley hit a drive deep to left. With a 1-0 count, Cervelli sent a shot to right-centre that glanced off a leaping Cabreras glove and hit the top of the right-field wall. Cervelli hadnt homered since April 25, 2013, a span of 65 at-bats. Rausmus put Toronto back up with a double to left-centre in the sixth, chasing Greene after 5 1-3 innings. "I got to have a short memory, but that one hurt," Greene said of the pitch to Rasmus. Greene allowed eight hits and three runs in his second straight difficult outing after beginning his career as a starter with two outstanding outings. Brian McCann evened it when he beat out a hit to Kawasaki, the second baseman who was playing in right field as part of a shift. NOTES: The Yankees have given up 43 unearned runs this year. They allowed 38 all last season. ... The Blue Jays designated RHP Esmil Rogers for assignment for second time this year. He did not make an appearance since his recall Tuesday from Triple-A Buffalo. ... Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira (back strain) hit off a tee and soft toss, and fielder grounders. Manager Joe Girardi said Teixeira is still day to day. ... Up next: The Blue Jays are at the Boston Red Sox. R.A. Dickey (8-10) will start Monday. The Yankees head to Texas for three games. David Phelps (5-4) pitches for New York. Ron Hextall Jersey . Parnell will be out much longer if it turns out he needs surgery. But first, he will try resting for two weeks before beginning a throwing program that could last up to a month, general manager Sandy Alderson said. Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys . 1. Lions WR Calvin Johnson (6 REC, 101 YDS, 1 TD, 10 targets) leads receivers with 1,299 yards and 12 touchdowns, though his 118.1 receiving yards per game ranks second behind Clevelands Josh Gordon. Gordon (10 REC, 261 YDS, 2 TD, 15 targets) is emerging as a superstar, putting up huge numbers even with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden at quarterback. http://www.nhlflyersproauthentic.com/nolan-patrick-hockey-jersey/ PHILADELPHIA -- Nikolaj Ehlers is a two-sport star who credits his time on the soccer pitch with helping his game on the ice. Ehlers, who played for Denmarks national team until he was 14 before concentrating on hockey, was selected by the Winnipeg Jets with the ninth overall pick in the NHL draft on Friday night. The five-foot-10, 176-pounder was fourth in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with 104 points (49-55) in 63 games with the Halifax Mooseheads this past season. He feels that his soccer skills have helped him develop more speed on the ice, one of the key elements of his game. "I think Im a fast forward," he said. "I think I have a lot of speed I can use on the wing. I like to set up some nice plays and I like to score some goals." Ehlers was the first player from the QMJHL to be selected in the 2014 draft. The 18-year-old took the leagues rookie of the year and offensive rookie of the year honours. Ehlers also had 28 points (11-17) in 16 post-season games for the Mooseheads. "I found myself becoming more of a fan when I watched him play," said Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. "Any time he got the puck, you felt like something was going to happen. "Hes not the biggest guy when it comes to sizze, but he plays with such good hockey sense that he knows when to take an opportunity to go, and not really put himself in harms way to try to make a play. Anthony Stolarz Jersey. " Ehlers speed helps compensate for his relatively slight build. "He doesnt have a lot of weight on him so youre going to want him to continue to grow, but hes a pretty strong player," said Cheveldayoff. "The way he plays the game and the way he moves out there, he has some hidden strength that a lot of players maybe his size dont." Ehlers said he planned to hit the gym over the summer. "Obviously, Ive got to get a little bit bigger and stronger," he said. "I can use my speed to get out of the rough time on the ice, but Im not afraid to get hit or hit somebody." Cheveldayoff said the youngster is a well-rounded individual. "His hockey sense is right up there," he said. "And his characters not far behind. This is a player that every time we had an opportunity to meet with him, we didnt want the interview to end. Hes going to be an exciting player for a long time." Ehlers father, Heinz, was drafted 30 years ago by the New York Rangers (No. 188 overall). He spent his 16-season pro career in Europe. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).