coming into the week knowing that my plan

in Regeln und Informationen 26.09.2018 05:50
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The sons of former big leaguers Lenny Dykstra and Charlie Leibrandt were among the players selected Friday during the second day of the Major League Baseball draft. Leighton Vander Esch Jersey . Luke Dykstra, an infielder at Westlake High School in suburban Los Angeles, was drafted in the seventh round by Atlanta. Hes the second son of the former All-Star outfielder to be drafted; infielder Cutter Dykstra was a second-round pick by Milwaukee in 2008 and is currently in Washingtons system. "Hes just like his dad," Braves scouting director Tony DeMacio told MLB.com, referring to Luke Dykstra. "He plays with his hair on fire." Florida State left-hander Brandon Leibrandt went in the sixth round to Philadelphia. He was 4-1 with a 1.83 ERA this season, but missed several weeks with a severely bruised left leg. "The Phillies were a little bit of a surprise," Leibrandt said in a statement released by Florida State. "I didnt think they were going to be one of the front-runners, but they called me at the start of the sixth round, we had a good talk and the rest is history." Leibrandt got the news while he was with his family, including his father, who won 140 games over 14 major league seasons. "Out of everyone, I think my mom was the most excited," Brandon Leibrandt said. "She went a little crazy, so I had to calm her down. But overall, I just couldnt have asked for anything more." Seminole State Junior College right-hander Jake Cosart, the brother of Astros starter Jarred Cosart, was a third-round pick by Boston. "As cool as it wouldve been for him to be an Astro its so awesome that hes part of such a storied org. In Boston," Jarred Cosart wrote on Twitter. "Congrats (at)JakeCosart." Detroit took UCLA catcher Shane Zeile, the nephew of former big leaguer Todd Zeile, in the fifth round. Zeile led the Bruins by hitting .324 with two homers and 28 RBIs. After having no picks in the first two rounds, Baltimore made eight selections Friday, including Notre Dame right-hander Pat Connaughton, who also started at guard for the Fighting Irish basketball team. After averaging 13.8 points and 7.1 rebounds on the court, the 6-foot-5 Connaughton went 3-5 with a 3.92 ERA in 62 innings on the mound for Notre Dame. "Its a dream come true to be able to play at a place like Notre Dame and have it pay off," Connaughton told the schools website. "When I saw my name, I was surprised and excited all at the same time. I was pumped that its an East Coast team and a great organization to learn and develop in." The Orioles had forfeited their first two picks after signing free agents Nelson Cruz and Ubaldo Jimenez during the off-season. Their first selection came in the third round with Florida high school lefty Brian Gonzalez, who went 90th overall. Miami right-hander Javier Salas, who pitched the second perfect game in Hurricanes history this season, went in the 10th round to Milwaukee. The draft will be completed with rounds 11-40 on Saturday via conference calls with all 30 teams. Houston led off for the third straight year Thursday night, taking California high school lefty Brady Aiken with the first overall pick. Connor Williams Cowboys Jersey . - Veteran Kings defenceman Robyn Regehr, sidelined since Game 1 of the Anaheim series, says hes close to returning. Jamize Olawale Jersey .com) - Coming off a pair of tough losses last week, the Syracuse Orange will try to put an end to their first losing skid of the season when they pay a visit to the Maryland Terrapins at the Comcast Center on Monday night in Atlantic Coast Conference action. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Dorance-Armstrong-Jr-Jersey/ . Rodriguez, who has steadfastly denied using banned substances while with the New York Yankees, made the decision nearly four weeks after arbitrator Fredric Horowitz largely upheld the discipline issued last summer by baseball Commissioner Bud Selig. "I think its a good move for him," former Commissioner Fay Vincent said. PINEHURST, N.C. -- Comparisons were inevitable by hosting the U.S. Open and U.S. Womens Open on the game golf course in consecutive weeks. Only these had nothing to do with numbers. Stacy Lewis found comfort in comparisons with U.S. Open champion Martin Kaymer. The No. 1 player in womens golf studied Pinehurst No. 2 on her own a few weeks ago, formulated an idea how to play the golf course, and then watched Martin Kaymer follow the script she had in her head and win by eight shots. Just like Kaymer, she opened Thursday without a bogey on her card, a 3-under 67 for a one-shot lead over Michelle Wie. "It was cool to see the plan I had laid out in my head. He was kind of doing the same thing," Lewis said. "So it was nice coming into the week knowing that my plan was going to work on this golf course. ... If youre hitting the ball well enough, you can definitely run away with it. At the same time, you have to know par is a good number and keep grinding away." Right behind was Wie, who studied as hard for Pinehurst as she ever did at Stanford. She was at Pinehurst on Sunday to watch the final round, and later picked up the yardage books from a few friends in south Florida -- U.S. Open runner-up Rickie Fowler and Keegan Bradley -- and compared notes. Wie charted her way to four birdies on the back nine for a 68. "I did a lot of homework," she said. "Just took the notes from both of the books. It really helped just because they played last week in similar conditions. And theyre obviously great players. I definitely learned a thing or two." Her putter certainly helped. Wie rolled in long birdie putts at Nos. 12 and 14, made a good par save after going into a bunker on the 17th and hit her approach to 5 feet on the final hole. It was her lowest opening round in a U.S. Womens Open. She had started with an 80 or higher four of the last six years. They were among only five players under par when the first round was halted by thunderstorms with 30 players who did not finish. Sue Kim of Langley, B.C., and Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., were the top Canadians on the day. They both shot 71 to finish the first round in a tie for 11th place. Kaymer, who started with a bogey-free 65 on his way to a wire-to-wire win, was among 15 players who broke par in the first round of the mens Open. The scoring average Thursday was 75.73, about 2 11/2 shots harder than it was for the men. Terrell Owens Cowboys Jersey. Pinehurst No. 2 played 1,064 yards shorter than it did for the opening round of the U.S. Open. That didnt make it any easier. Except for Lewis. "It was such an easy day," Lewis said, referring to her game more than the golf course. "I played really, really solid, other that I had to make a few par putts. But other than that, I didnt put myself in too bad of spots and made a few birdies." Former Womens Open champion So Yeon Ryu, Katherine Kirk and 18-year-old amateur Minjee Lee were at 69. "I think we put on a great show," Wie said. "There are a couple of red numbers out there. There are a lot of people hovering around even par. But I think its great. I love that we are playing on the same stage as the men. I think its really interesting. It makes it very exciting." The show belonged to Lucy Li, the 11-year-old from the Bay Area who became the youngest qualifier in U.S. Womens Open history. She missed only one fairway and was rarely out of position, though it cost the sixth-grader dearly when she was. Li made one triple bogey and two double bogeys, three blemishes on her card that led to a 78. "I mean, its 8 over," Li said. "Its not bad. But I was 7 over in three holes, so thats 1 over in 15 holes. So yeah, I just need to get rid of the big numbers." There were plenty of those to go around. At least 17 players failed to break 80, including Laura Davies. She had an 82, her worst score in a Womens Open since Cherry Hills in 2005. Perhaps more shocking was Lydia Ko, Cristie Kerr and defending champion Inbee Park, each of them at 76. Karrie Webb and Paula Creamer were at 70. Juli Inkster, at 53 and playing in the Womens Open for the 35th time, had a 71. "I dont think the course is on the edge at all," Webb said. "I think the USGA had to be a little bit cautious. We havent played a tournament here with this course setup before, and it is the second week. So I think theyre probably trying to see how the course is playing, just to see where theyre at with the golf course. I think they were just sort of seeing how we handled it." One thing didnt change from either week. Anything around par in a U.S. Open was not a bad place to be. "It was a grind out there today," Wie said. "It will probably be a grind the next three days." Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).