It isnt pretty hockey, but its working for the Montreal Canadiens.

in Regeln und Informationen 29.08.2018 08:37
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- It isnt pretty hockey, but its working for the Montreal Canadiens. Lamar Jackson Stitched Jersey . For a second game in a row, the Canadiens used patient, defensive hockey and sharp goaltending to hold onto a slim lead as they downed the Dallas Stars 2-1 in the NHL on Tuesday night. Rene Bourque scored the winner in the second period after Michael Bournival opened the scoring in the first for Montreal (8-5-0). The Canadiens were coming off a 2-0 victory against the Rangers in New York on Monday night with Peter Budaj in goal that was just as successful and just as dull to watch for the spectators. "The last two games its been really good team defence, whether its getting pucks out or blocking shots or just being in position," said defenceman Douglas Murray. "It was a good effort by the whole team." The Canadiens are short on forwards with Max Pacioretty, Daniel Briere and Brandon Prust all nursing injuries, so coach Michel Therrien has the team playing basic, defence-first hockey. "With the fact that were missing some players, we have to concentrate on good defensive play and we did that tonight," said Therrien. "I like the effort everyone is giving us. "Carey (Price) made the saves. It was a big team win. Thats four big points in two nights." Dallas outshot Montreal 27-24, but managed only Cody Eakins goal on a long shot that fooled Price late in the second frame. The Stars, last in the Central Division at 5-6-1, were also playing a second game in as many nights, having topped the Sabres 4-3 in coach Lindy Ruffs return to Buffalo on Monday. It was their third set of back-to-back games this season. In one they lost both games and in the other two they won the first game but lost the second. "Weve got to start finding a way in back-to-backs, especially on the road," said Eakin. "Its hard, yeah, but to be a good team you have to do it. "These points are huge. Theyre harder to get as the season progresses, so we have to start bearing down." Eakin used P.K. Subban as a screen on a rush and fooled Price with a medium speed wrist shot from outside the circles at 17:27 of the second to draw the Stars to within one goal. "It was one of those ones where I used him as a screen," said Eakin. "I had some speed and caught him off guard a bit." The Stars pushed hard for the equalizer in the third, when they outshot Montreal 9-3, but Price stood his ground. The Canadiens struck first as Raphael Diaz lifted a wrist shot from the point to the far post that Bournival tipped off defenceman Stephane Robidas and past Kari Lehtonen at 12:02 of the first. The rookie Bournival has three goals and four assists in his last seven games. "I wasnt sure if I deflected it," the 21-year-old said. "I felt it on my stick but I didnt want to say anything." Bourque put in a Diaz rebound 12:55 into the second. It was a much-needed goal for his line with struggling centre David Desharnais and, for the last two games, recent call-up Louis Leblanc. Desharnais started the play with a rush up the right side that was stopped. A Dallas clearing attempt was intercepted by Diaz, who picked up his second point of the night. Desharnais has no goals and one assist in 13 games, but the line did well and Therrien gave them more ice time than usual. "We were moving our feet," said Bourque. "We finally got a few chances offensively. "Davy and I have been snake-bitten, but were getting chances." Notes: Travis Moen, who took a puck in the face Saturday, sat out a second game, so Leblanc got to play again. . . Ryan Garbutt, Kevin Connauton and Travis Morin were scratched for Dallas. . . Montreals Ryan White and Michael Blunden each played his 100th NHL game. Throwback Ravens Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. Hayden Hurst Stitched Jersey . Villarreals victory in Valencia kept it in fourth place and in control of Spains last Champions League spot. Uche broke free in the area in the 10th minute and was brought down by goalkeeper Keylor Navas, who was shown a direct red card. http://www.officialravensnflauthenticshop.com/orlando-brown-jr-stitched-jersey/ . No, the San Antonio star didnt announce retirement plans during an off day at the NBA Finals on Wednesday. VANCOUVER -- The Montreal Canadiens traded defenceman Raphael Diaz to the Vancouver Canucks on Monday in exchange for forward Dale Weise. The 28-year-old Diaz had 11 assists and 12 penalty minutes in 46 games for the Canadiens this season. The native of Baar, Switzerland, has 41 points (four goals, 37 assists) and 48 penalty minutes in 128 NHL career games but was a healthy scratch of late with Montreal. "This is the business. This is the way it is," Diaz said Monday on a conference call. "As a player you want to play as much as you can and you want to help you team." Diaz joins a Canucks blue-line that has suffered a number of injuries in recent weeks, with both Christopher Tanev and Kevin Bieksa currently out of the lineup. "As a sportsman, as a hockey player, you respect everything (teams) do," he said. "(The Canadiens) always treated me good. They helped me learn a lot things to play in the NHL. "Im really excited for the new opportunity." Meanwhile, Weise never seemed to fit into the plans of Canucks head coach John Tortorella. The Winnipeg native had three goals, nine assists and 42 penalty minutes in 44 games this season, mostly while playing on the fourth line. "II think I can bring a physical presence to the (Canadiens)," said Weise. Jordan Lasley Stitched Jersey. "Im a good skater and I work hard and my success is down low and hanging onto pucks and being physical and trying to get to the hard areas to score goals. "Im not sure where Im going to fit in just yet. Im just looking forward to coming in and trying to play hard and trying to find a spot." In 162 career NHL games, the 25-year-old has 10 goals, 16 assists and 185 penalty minutes. Weises name had been mentioned in trade speculation in recent weeks, but Mondays deal still caught him off guard. "(The trade) comes as a little bit of a shock to me," said Weise. "I think any time you hear rumours around you think about it but theres so many (rumours) that go around and you just never know. "I didnt put too much thought into it ... I was shocked when I heard about it today." Weise was expected to arrive in Montreal on Monday night and practise with the Canadiens on Tuesday morning, while Diaz was set to meet up with his new teammates the same day in Boston. Both Weise and Diaz will get a chance to face their old teams this week when the Canadiens host the Canucks on Thursday night at the Bell Centre. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).