Dan Harens promising spring has morphed into a troubling summer

in Regeln und Informationen 17.08.2018 07:38
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- Dan Harens promising spring has morphed into a troubling summer. James Worthy Lakers Jersey . At this point, even he isnt sure when it is going to stop. The right-hander dropped his fourth straight decision in Los Angeles 6-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday night, leaving his status very much in doubt as the Dodgers prepare for the stretch drive. "Its just really gotten away from me the last four times out," Haren said. "I dont what to say. I was having a great year. I felt great about everything, the way I was throwing the ball. But now everything has snowballed and everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong." Haren (8-8) is winless with a 9.47 ERA in July and he is well aware he has become the weak link on one of baseballs best pitching staffs. Though manager Don Mattingly said "its not the right time to talk about (Harens) future," Haren understands his grasp on his starting job is becoming tenuous. "Im going to do anything for the team," Haren said. "If that means I get skipped, I totally understand. Its not like Im going to march into the office and say, You cant do that. Im new here. I need to earn their respect." The Pirates wasted little time getting to Haren. Josh Harrisons two-run double down the left field line capped a four-run outburst that gave Francisco Liriano (2-7) all the offence he would need to win for the first time since May 30. Pittsburgh improved to 5-1 since the All-Star break to move a season-high seven games over .500 (54-47). Travis Snider added two hits, including his fifth homer, for the Pirates. Liriano allowed one run on four hits over seven innings to earn his first regular-season home victory in nearly a year. "Im not at the point I want to be yet but everything is getting better and everything is moving forward," Liriano said. For Haren, not so much. Two singles and a walk in the first loaded the bases with one out before Haren walked Russell Martin on a full count to hand the Pirates the lead. Ike Davis followed with a sacrifice fly, and Harrison sent a stinging double to left to push the advantage to 4-0. "The first pitch of a game was a strike and then they swing at the next three pitches and I stepped back after that and said to myself that I needed to make better pitches," Haren said. "But then I nibbled around guys and couldnt throw a strike. I just couldnt do anything right." Snider made it 5-0 when he hit the fifth pitch of the second inning to the last row of seats in right field. Though Haren settled down to eventually retire the last 11 batters he faced, by then the damage was done. Los Angeles didnt have a hit until Miguel Rojas doubled with one out in the fifth and never threatened as Liriano put together his best start of the year. It didnt start out that way. The left-hander has struggled with his command all season and it looked like more of the same in the first after consecutive one-out walks to Matt Kemp and Adrian Gonzalez. Liriano escaped after striking out Scott Van Slyke and getting Juan Uribe to fly out to right. Liriano didnt let the cushion go to waste. Showing flashes of the form that allowed him to win 16 games in 2013, Liriano kept the Dodgers patched-together offence off balance. Rojas finally broke through with a sinking line drive to left with one out in the fifth glanced off the glove of Snider. Los Angeles pulled to 5-1 in the sixth on a sacrifice fly by Kemp, but the Dodgers would get no closer as Pittsburgh improved to 34-21 at PNC Park, the best home record in the National League. NOTES: Dodgers RF Yasiel Puig walked while pinch hitting in the eighth inning, his first appearance since injuring his left wrist against St. Louis on Saturday. ... Los Angeles SS Hanley Ramirez missed his third straight game with a left wrist injury but Mattingly maintains Ramirez is not a candidate to go on the disabled list. ... Pittsburgh placed OF Starling Marte on the seven-day concussion disabled list and recalled INF Brent Morel from Triple-A Indianapolis. Morel singled in the seventh as a pinch-hitter. ... Pirates 3B Pedro Alvarez was held out of the lineup after feeling left knee discomfort while legging out a double in a 12-7 win on Tuesday. ... The Dodgers start a three-game series with NL West-leading San Francisco on Friday. Zach Greinke (11-6, 2.90 ERA) takes on the Giants Tim Lincecum (9-6, 3.65) in the opener. Wilt Chamberlain Jersey . Patton told The Baltimore Sun that he took an Adderall pill four days before the season finished, trying to improve his short-term focus. "I took one because I was stupid," Patton told The Sun. Nick Van Exel Jersey .com) - The Golden State Warriors have started another winning streak and theyll try to pad it Tuesday night when they head to Staples Center to face the Los Angeles Lakers. http://www.lakersteamofficial.com/Lebron-James-Lakers-Jersey/ .com) - The Grand Slam season will get underway Monday at the Australian Open in Melbourne, where a new champion will be crowned this year.ROME -- Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez scored either side of halftime as Juventus asserted its dominance in Serie A with a 2-0 win at AC Milan on Sunday. Striding toward its third consecutive title, the victory moved Juventus 11 points ahead of second-place Roma. "Only a tank could stop Juventus," new Milan coach Clarence Seedorf said. "They showed their strength and Tevez provided the difference. Hes a great player." Milan, which was starting to gain momentum under Seedorf, dropped to 10th, six points adrift of the European places. Milan started strongly with Kaka and Andrea Poli threatening in the first half but Juve took control when Llorente collected a pass from Stephan Lichtsteiner in the 44th to score from the edge of the box and highlight Milans porous defence. Then in the 68th, Tevez was left alone to find the target with a shot from 25 metres (yards) that crashed in off the underside of the crossbar. It was Tevezs 15th goal of the season, putting him atop the Italian leagues scoring chart, one ahead of Fiorentinas Giuseppe Rossi, who has been out injured since January. Milan sorely missed Mario Balotelli, who is still recovering from a right shoulder injury. Making matters worse, midfielder Poli was taken to the hospital after getting hit in the face during a collision with Juventus defender Martin Caceres in the 51st. Earlier, third-placed Napoli was held to a 1-1 draw at relegation-threatened Livorno without its standout forward Gonzalo Higuain. Belgium midfielder Dries Mertens converted a penalty for Napoli in the 31st but Livorno equalized when a backheel effort from its 19-year-old Senegalese defender Mbaye Ibrahima resulted in an own-goal by Napoli goalkeeper Pepe Reina in the 39th. Still, Napoli moved seven points ahead of fourth-placed Fiorentina in the race for the final Champions League spot. Fiorentina, which was missing two key suspended midfielders in Borja Valero and David Pizarro, lost 1-0 at home to Lazio. Also, the Tuscan squads coach Vincenzo Montella served a touchline ban following the fallout from Mondays 2-2 draaw at Parma, which featured three red cards. Nick Van Exel Lakers Jersey. Albanian midfielder Lorik Cana scored for Lazio five minutes in with a bicycle kick. Livorno moved level with Chievo Verona third from bottom, with the last three clubs destined for Serie B at the end of the season. Higuain is among the Serie A leaders with 13 goals but was suspended for this match. His replacement, Goran Pandev, earned Napolis penalty with what appeared to be minimal contact from Livorno defender Federico Ceccherini, leading to protests from the hosts. Elsewhere, Parma beat 10-man Sassuolo 1-0 with a second-minute goal from Marco Parolo to move level with Hellas Verona in sixth place -- one point behind Inter Milan and the Europa League zone. Verona goalkeeper Rafael saved a 47th-minute penalty from Rolando Bianchi in a 0-0 draw at home with Bologna. Also, Sampdoria won 2-0 at Torino with goals from Stefano Okaka and Manolo Gabbiadini; Atalanta beat 10-man Chievo Verona 2-1 after strikes by Carlos Carmona in the 21st and a winner from Luca Cigarini in the 85th; and Genoa beat 10-man Catania 2-0 with goals from Luca Antonelli and Stefano Sturaro. Earlier in the lunchtime fixture, Cagliari kept its focus to beat visiting Udinese 3-0 amid speculation that the Sardinian club could be sold. Colombian forward Victor Ibarbo put Cagliari ahead in the 18th, Uruguayan midfielder Matias Vecino doubled the lead in the 81st and Macedonian midfielder Agim Ibraimi found the target in the 89th. Udinese captain Antonio Di Natale threatened several times in the first half, hitting the crossbar with a deflected shot on one occasion. The victory moved Cagliari level with Udinese in 14th place. Cagliari president Massimo Cellino attended the match, his first stadium appearance since January. Fans greeted him with chants of "We want a president." Eleonora Sport Ltd., which is run by the Cellino family, is on the verge of taking over a 75 per cent stake in fallen English power Leeds, leading many to believe Cellino is losing interest in Cagliari, which has been beset by stadium troubles. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).