Toronto FC head coach Ryan Nelsen was surprised to see star striker Jermain

in Regeln und Informationen 17.08.2018 07:38
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

VANCOUVER -- Toronto FC head coach Ryan Nelsen was surprised to see star striker Jermain Defoe left off Englands 23-man World Cup squad, but he knows that snub could pay dividends in the long run for their Major League Soccer outfit. Cheap Colts Jerseys . Defoe failed to make England manager Roy Hodgsons team announced Monday, instead being named to a seven-man standby list that will only be used in the event of injuries in the leadup to the tournament in Brazil. The 31-year-old Defoe is healthy, scoring goals in MLS and could well take out his frustration at being left out by Hodgson on opponents in North America. "You never like to take benefit from other peoples agony, if you know what I mean," Nelsen said Tuesday. "If Jermain stays with us, hes probably going to be motivated to prove a lot of people wrong, which I suppose is nice for us." That could come as early as Wednesday night when Toronto FC visits the Vancouver Whitecaps in the second leg of the Amway Canadian Championship semifinal. Toronto holds a 2-1 lead after a victory at home in the first leg last week. Even though its a boost for his team, Nelsen also couldnt hide his disappointment. "Obviously devastated for Jermain. Its surprising," he said. "I dont know how Roy Hodgson picks his team. Its a surprising decision -- gutted for the man. I know Ive played against all those guys and I know with 10, 15 minutes to go in a World Cup, I know who Id want with the ball at his feet in front of the net." Defoe said he was stunned not to be heading to Brazil after figuring into all but two of Hodgsons matchday squads prior to this announcement. "I was shocked, like you can imagine," Defoe said after training at B.C. Place Stadium. "Especially when youve been involved in every squad, and then for some reason youre not included. But (I) always remain positive and just continue doing what Im doing. Ive come over here and done exactly what I used to do at home and thats play well and score goals." A veteran of the 2010 World Cup who has scored 19 times in 55 games for his country, Defoe added that he didnt think his move from the English Premier League to MLS had anything to do with Hodgsons decision. "Ive been here two months. Does it really change much? I dont think so," he said. "I mentioned before the squad was announced that the manager, he knows most of the players, even before he was manager. He knows the players. I think the fact of me being here two months, that shouldnt play a factor at all." England is bringing four strikers to the World Cup, including Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck and Rickie Lambert. Defoe said that despite this disappointment, he will remain available for England selection. "Im not going to retire (from the national team) just because someone doesnt put me in a squad," he said. "I would never do that. I would never turn my back on my country because I still feel like Ive got a lot to offer. The games Ive played and just being involved with England over the years, its been great. "I think my record speaks for itself and Ill just try and continue to work hard and enjoy my football." Defoe will remain with Toronto FC and only join up with England if called upon. He added that Hodgson told him: "He wants to go with the young kids. Thats it." Toronto midfielder Michael Bradley, who was named to the U.S. 30-man provisional roster and will leave to meet up with the American camp after Wednesdays game in Vancouver, said he was disappointed for his club teammate. "He and I have developed a really good relationship since weve come (to Toronto), both on the field and off the field," said Bradley, who along with Defoe, joined Toronto FC in a big-money off-season deal. "Ive seen first-hand what a great player he is, what a great person he is and I know how much it meant to him, so on a personal level I know were all really disappointed for him. "Hes taken it exactly how youd expect -- committed and ready to keep going, keep fighting, keep scoring goals here and do as much as he can to help us win in Toronto." With about a month to go before the World Cup, Defoe said he will continue to work hard in MLS and see what happens. "Its still a long way to go. You never know what happens, people get injured, but at the same time if it doesnt happen, then it doesnt happen," he said. "I wish the team good luck, all the young players that are in the squad, I wish them good luck because Ive had that experience, been at a World Cup, and its the best feeling ever. Its special." 20:21ET 13-05-14 Whoelsale Colts Jerseys . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Authentic Jordan Wilkins Jersey . More importantly, he is trying to show his young teammates the Colorado are still post-season contenders. He hopes winning a series at home was a fresh start. http://www.cheapcoltsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-matthew-adams-jersey . He just didnt expect them to be this good. Darrun Hilliard scored 19 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to a dominating 77-59 victory over Georgetown on Saturday, preserving the Wildcats hopes of a No.ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins have picked up the fifth-year option on linebacker Ryan Kerrigan, keeping him under club control through the 2015 season. The Redskins had until Saturday to make the move, and general manager Bruce Allen had indicated the team would do so. Kerrigan was the No. 16 overall pick in the 2011 draft. Cheap Colts Jerseys Authentic. His salary will be about $1.5 million this season and approximately $7 million during the option year. Kerrigan has yet to miss a game since entering the league. He has 24 1/2 sacks in three seasons and made the Pro Bowl after the 2012 season. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).