San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York said Tuesday that he will let "due process take its course" before deciding whether to discipli

in Regeln und Informationen 09.08.2018 08:01
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York said Tuesday that he will let "due process take its course" before deciding whether to discipline Ray McDonald after the defensive tackle was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence. Luke Schenn Flyers Jersey . In his first public comments since McDonalds arrest Aug. 31, York told San Franciscos KNBR radio that he will not punish McDonald until he sees "evidence that it should be done or before an entire legal police investigation shows us something." "I would much rather take shots at my reputation than to put somebody down and judge them before an entire investigation has taken place," York told the radio station. Yorks comments echoed many of the remarks made by 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and general manager Trent Baalke in the last two weeks. He reiterated that the team will not tolerate domestic violence and he considers McDonalds arrest serious, however, he repeatedly said he will not act until the investigation is completed. "Im comfortable if my reputation is going to take shots throughout this process," York said. "But my character is I will not punish somebody until we see evidence that it should be done or before an entire legal police investigation shows us something." McDonald practiced all of last week and started in San Franciscos 28-17 win at Dallas on Sunday. Public pressure has been building on the 49ers to sit McDonald down while prosecutors decide whether to charge him. The uproar escalated Monday following TMZs release of new video showing Ray Rice knocking out his then-fiancee in an elevator. The running back has been released by the Ravens and suspended indefinitely by the NFL, which initially suspended Rice two games. York stressed that the public should not lump McDonald and Rice together just because both were arrested on domestic violence charges. "Each case is its own separate case. Ray McDonald is not Ray Rice," York said. "And if theres another one, its not the same as the previous. Each case is its own individual entity. And as a society, we have a sense of saying, Well, you didnt do it right with Ray Rice right away so you need to overdo it with Ray McDonald or whoever else it is. And I dont believe thats the country that we live in. I dont think thats a fair way to approach it." McDonald is out on $25,000 bail following his arrest at his San Jose home where he was celebrating his 30th birthday with teammates and friends. San Jose police have released few details surrounding McDonalds arrest, only saying that officers at the scene saw the alleged victim with "visible injuries." McDonalds arrest came just days after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced tougher penalties for players accused of domestic violence, including a six-week suspension for a first offence and at least a year for a second. Asked about Goodells handling of Rices situation and if he should be reprimanded by owners, York said "it was obviously acknowledged that it was bungled by the league, and they came back and corrected it. Ray didnt take the field in the regular season. He was already down. They suspended him for the year. Could it have happened sooner? I dont understand the video, what was seen, when it was seen, how it wasnt seen. I dont know the answers to that." York said he hadnt spoken publicly about McDonalds arrest until now because the 49ers speak in "one voice." He said his views were expressed earlier by Harbaugh and Baalke, and he felt that was enough. With multiple arrests in the past few years, York admitted the 49ers "havent lived up to that expectation" of acting in a responsible way off the field. He said the team is doing everything it can to make changes. As far as enforcing discipline, though, York cited flaws in the leagues collective bargaining agreement with the players union. "We certainly need to take a very hard look at ourselves as a league and figure out a better way to do this," York said. "Coming back to Ray McDonald, weve got a collective bargaining agreement in place that makes it difficult for the teams to take an action, for the league to take action. We need to set any negotiating aside and figure if theres a better way through collective bargaining and through everything to look at domestic violence." Shayne Gostisbehere Flyers Jersey . On Saturday night, Winnipegs strong offense was again accompanied by some fantastic pitching which gave the Fish a commanding victory. Wayne Simmonds Flyers Jersey Authentic . Reimer told TSNs Mark Masters on Tuesday that he doesnt know if he will be moved leading up to the March 5 trade deadline but added he wasnt interested in discussing it. "Who knows whats going to happen on the horizon here and right now I dont know if I want to talk about it too much. http://www.hockeyflyersauthentic.com/vincent-lecavalier-jersey/ . Terms of the contract were not disclosed by the club. Clemons spent his first five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins, who selected him in the fifth round of the 2009 draft out of Clemson.TALLINN, Estonia -- Estonian prosecutors have charged 11 men with fixing 17 matches, including three Europa League games. Public prosecutors office spokeswoman Katrin Lunt says the case was part of a betting scam that involved teams in Estonia, Lithuania and Ukraine. Eight of the defendants are players in Estonian clubs JK Narva Trans and JK Tallinna Kalev. They have been suspendded pending the investigation. Sam Gagner Flyers Jersey. Narva officials did not immediately return calls seeking comment. A Tallinna official declined to comment. Prosecutors suspect the defendants fixed 17 games in 2011-12, including 13 Estonian league and cup matches, a Lithuanian league match and three Europa League matches. They didnt give any more details on the matches. Cheap Chargers Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).