Johnson praised recent activism by

in Regeln und Informationen 09.08.2018 08:01
von jinshuiqian0713 • Halb Gott | 1.860 Beiträge

NEW YORK, N. Orlando Brown Jr. Jersey .Y. - Magic Johnson praised recent activism by professional athletes on Tuesday and called for more conversation among government, law enforcement and black leaders.The basketball Hall of Famer made his remarks a day after Cleveland star LeBron James and other players wore I Cant Breathe shirts before the Cavaliers 110-88 victory at the Brooklyn Nets.Theyre incredible stars that people will listen to, Johnson said at Michael Jordans restaurant in Grand Central Terminal. Im so happy theyre socially conscious ... and they want to use their platform and their voice.James, Kyrie Irving and four Brooklyn players said they were supporting the family of Eric Garner, who died in July after a New York police officer placed him in a chokehold while trying to arrest him for selling loose, untaxed cigarettes. Kobe Bryant and several of his teammates with the Lakers warmed up in the shirts on Tuesday night.A recording of Garners arrest showed him gasping I cant breathe during the fatal encounter, and thousands have protested a grand jury decision not to indict the officer since the announcement last Wednesday.When youre African-American, you grow up understanding that you can be next, Johnson said. So I think theyre doing it in a peaceful and mindful way.Chicago point guard Derrick Rose wore the same shirt Saturday night before the Bulls hosted the Golden State Warriors. Five St. Louis Rams players trotted onto the field in a Hands up, dont shoot! gesture before a Nov. 30 game against the Oakland Raiders in a show of solidarity for protesters and the family of Michael Brown in nearby Ferguson, Missouri.A grand jury on Nov. 24 declined to indict a police officer in the shooting death of Brown, sparking nationwide protests.The great thing about it is nobody is saying that every police officer is bad, Johnson said. The majority are great and they protect us. They put their lives on the line. And not every young African-American kid is bad, either.Johnson said he didnt have negative experiences with police growing up in Michigan, but my friends had issues and my loved ones had issues. So, youve always been affected, even if it wasnt you directly.Young African-American males, its not just the killing, but also being abused and being incarcerated for not doing something wrong, he said. So weve got to correct that.Johnson, a co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, said beyond the protests, the next step is to find common ground among citizens and police. He would like to see a meeting of community and government leaders early next year.Leaders from all sides, the African-American, law enforcement and government side have to come together and say Hey, how can we make this better for all of us? Johnson said.The three-time NBA MVP attended the Steiner Sports event Tuesday in Grand Central, where there has been recent die-ins to draw attention to fatal encounters with police. Among those in attendance were Mookie Wilson, Larry Johnson, Frank Robinson and Dennis Rodman.Robinson, who won baseballs Triple Crown in 1966 and became the first black manager in the major leagues in 1975, said he didnt participate in the athlete activism during his playing days.I didnt get involved in it, my job was to play baseball, Robinson said, and thats what I did. Lamar Jackson Ravens Jersey . The pair ended pointless droughts when they each scored two goals in a 6-4 victory over the Winnipeg Jets that halted a two-game losing skid for the Stars (15-11-5). Orlando Brown Jr. Ravens Jersey .Balotelli uploaded on Instagram a picture of the video-game character Super Mario, with whom the Italy international shares a nickname, with text around the image including jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew. http://www.ravensjerseyscheapauthentic.com/ravens-hayden-hurst-black-jersey/ . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U.MESA, Ariz. -- Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb was released Thursday from an Arizona jail after serving a one-day sentence for a DUI arrest late last year. Records released by West Mesa Justice Court show McNabb served his time Wednesday and was released about 1:30 a.m. Thursday. McNabb, 37, was arrested Dec. 15 in the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community east of Phoenix, according to court records. A copy of the citation shows McNabb was stopped on the Loop 101 freeway just after 3 a.m. and radar clocked his Range Rover at 81 mph in a 65-mph zone. He also was cited for DUI, but no information about blood-alcohol level was on the citation. McNabb pleaded guilty on March 27 and nine days of his sentence was suspended. Court documents show McNabb was ordered to pay a nearly $1,500 fine and enter an outpatient treatment program in Scottsdale from April 10 to July 8. The Maricopa County Sheriffs Office rreleased McNabbs mug shot Thursday morning, starting a media frenzy about his arrest, which hadnt been previously reported. Jaleel Scott Ravens Jersey. The agency later said in a statement that McNabb was booked into a detention facility on Wednesday by order of the West Mesa Justice Court and released after serving one day for a misdemeanour DUI charge. McNabbs Phoenix-based attorney Stephen Benedetto didnt immediately return a call Thursday seeking comment on the case. McNabb played 13 years in the NFL after being drafted with the second overall pick in 1999. He led the Philadelphia Eagles to four straight NFC championship games from 2001 to 2004 and one Super Bowl berth that ended in a 24-21 loss to the New England Patriots in 2005. McNabb played for the Washington Redskins in 2010 and Minnesota Vikings in 2011 before retiring. He currently co-hosts a sports talk radio show and has a home in the Phoenix area. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).