told the Orlando Sun-Sentinel that this new mandate is

in Residenz des Hokage 23.12.2019 07:25
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Chiefs beat Steelers: 10 winners and 7 losers The Kansas City Chiefs beat the Pittsburgh Steelers http://www.chiefslockerroom.com/authentic-marcus-allen-jersey , 42-37, to improve to 2-0 to start the 2018 season on Sunday afternoon.Here are the game’s winners and losers:WinnersThe king of Kansas City.Photo by Justin Berl/Getty ImagesThere are almost no words for the game Patrick “Showtime” Mahomes put together against the Steelers on Sunday. Mahomes finished 23 for 28 for 326 yards, six touchdowns, no interceptions and a near-perfect passer rating of 154.8. Mahomes’ 10 touchdowns in his first two games this season set a two-game NFL record, surpassing Drew Brees (2009) and Peyton Manning (2013), who each recorded nine in their respective years. It is an unbelievable start to Mahomes’ time as a starting quarterback.It is really beginning to feel like the Chiefs brain trust (John Dorsey, Andy Reid, Brett Veach and Clark Hunt) may have made one of the most important trades in the history of the league when they moved up 18 slots in the 2017 NFL Draft in a trade with the Buffalo Bills to select Mahomes. At the time, the Chiefs still had Alex Smith with another two years left on his contract, yet they believed in what they saw in Mahomes enough to go get him. They were right.Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty ImagesThe Chiefs’ golden trio—otherwise known as Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and Sammy Watkins—were clicking on all cylinders on Sunday. Last week, it was the Hill show, with Kelce and Watkins combining for only 27 receiving yards. But Sunday against the Steelers was a completely different deal. Each player was involved in the win. Kelce finished with seven receptions for 109 yards and two touchdowns, Watkins finished with six receptions for 100 yards and Hill finished with five receptions for 90 yards and a touchdown. Seven different players had receptions for the Chiefs on Sunday. Of the three, it was most refreshing to see production from Watkins. The Chiefs featured Watkins early in the game and he helped set the tone for the day. It was Kelce’s 13th career game with more than 100 receiving yards.Kareem Hunt also had a productive game with 18 carries for 75 yards, as well as one catch that went five yards for a touchdown. Hunt was held to less than 50 rushing yards last week against the Chargers and he responded nicely. Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty ImagesBelieve it or not Womens Orlando Scandrick Jersey , Demarcus Robinson’s score was actually the first regular-season touchdown of his career. Perhaps even more shockingly, Chris Conley’s was just his second. Robinson did an excellent job getting two feet in bounds the back of the end zone on his score. Amazingly, seven different Chiefs have receiving touchdowns through two games.Good on De’Anthony Thomas to get his own fumble back on what equated to a 48-yard return. It set the Chiefs up with a short field and set the early tone for the day.Anthony Hitchens led the team in tackles for the second game in a row (12). Much was made about what James Conner might do this week, and the Chiefs run defense held him to just 17 yards on eight carries. I also thought Steve Nelson did a good job managing Antonio Brown, who is undoubtedly one of the better receivers in the league. Brown finished with just nine catches for 67 yards. Allen Bailey recorded his first sack since Week 3 last season.LosersCharles LeClaire-USA TODAY SportsThe Chiefs secondary/pass defense had an awfully tough time with Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster, who exploded for 13 catches for 121 yards and a touchdown. Steelers tight end Jesse James added five receptions for 138 yards as part of Ben Roethlisberger’s 452-yard game. The lack of depth in the secondary hadn’t truly hit me until Steve Nelson needed to be helped off the field to end the first half. Had Nelson not been able to go, the Chiefs would have had to deal with Brown, Smith-Schuster and James with Kendall Fuller, Orlando Scandrick and Tre Smith. I don’t know if, in that case, 42 points would have been enough.I hate to do this because I always lean on the game being long enough for human error to correct itself, but it definitely felt like the referees left something to be desired on Sunday. How Ben Roethlisberger wasn’t beyond the line of scrimmage on that one play in question is beyond me. In addition, it really didn’t seem like Conner broke the plane on his touchdown. Unless the Steelers offensive line is one of the best in the league, it also seemed like Roethlisberger had all the time in the world. I thought there could have been a few more holding calls on Pittsburgh, especially early in the game. All that being said, it’s worth noting the calls were even by game’s end. The referees called 12 penalties on the Steelers and 12 on the Chiefs. Speaking of holding calls Reggie Ragland Jersey , Orlando Scandrick cannot take that holding penalty that negated the Chiefs’ defensive touchdown. You saw the domino effect. Rather than deflating the Steelers, they were given new life. One touchdown following the penalty turned into three, and in a flash, that 21-point lead was gone. I think Eric Murray knows he has to have that sack, and the Chiefs may beginning to rethink their plan with Breeland Speaks. Sunday was not Speaks’ game.I asked Reid a while back what Spencer Ware’s role would be this year, and Reid, using coachspeak told me he figured Ware to be a starter. Ware has just four carries through two games. When it comes to the running backs, Hunt is the guy. There is no sign of a committee in Kansas City. Me. That’s two weeks in a row I was wrong by picking against the Chiefs. A couple of you have already reached out and encouraged me to pick the San Francisco 49ers. While I’d love to oblige, it is going to be hard for anybody to pick against this offense moving forward. The NFL recently mandated all team have a team clinician before training camp, but the Chiefs have been ahead of the curve" Kansas City Chiefs NewsChiefs add team clinician to counsel players on and off the fieldNew,18commentsThe NFL recently mandated all team have a team clinician before training camp, but the Chiefs have been ahead of the curveCDTI recently received a question for my weekly mailbag column.E.J. said he was concerned about the character issues that have cropped up among Kansas City Chiefs players.I don’t think I’d be going out on a limb to say that E.J. isn’t the only Chiefs fan who has this concern.We know, of course, that NFL scouts, general managers and coaches meet with prospects during the draft process to try and get their own measure of a player’s character.But we have never been aware of anything more involved than these personal (and non-professional) evaluations of a player’s character.This is not to say, however http://www.chiefslockerroom.com/authentic-spencer-ware-jersey , that prospective NFL players are not subject to testing.Since 1970 — when Dallas Cowboys head coach Tom Landry began the practice — NFL teams gradually began using the Wonderlic Contemporary Cognitive Ability Test, which was originally developed by Eldon Wonderlic in the 1930s to measure a person’s ability to learn and solve problems.Today, it is part of the process at the NFL Scouting Combine.The Wonderlic test is often perceived as a measure of intelligence.It is and it isn’t — as former Chiefs offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz explained on SBNation a year ago:Wonderlic scores are often made public, so there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that it does little to predict whether a particular player will perform well in the NFL.Since 2013, another test has been administered to combine participants: the NFL Player Assessment Tool (PAT).The PAT is a 50-minute exam that was the brainchild of attorney Cyrus Mehri, who was one of the co-authors of the report that eventually led to the adoption of the NFL’s Rooney Rule.Mehri believed that the Wonderlic had a built-in racial bias and didn’t specifically address the traits that NFL teams needed.“How do you have Eli Manning scrambling for his life and throw that ball in the Super Bowl?” Mehri told The New York Times in 2013, referring to Manning’s famous throw to David Tyree in the 2008 title game. “Aptitude tests suggest to me you’re testing how smart you are. It’s so much more than that.”Designed specifically for the NFL by Harold Goldstein, a professor of industrial and organizational psychology at Baruch College in New York, and Kenneth Yusko, an associate professor of human resources at Marymount, the test is intended to provide a window into the motivation, competitiveness, passion and mental toughness of a prospect.But like the Wonderlic, the PAT is meant to measure a player’s potential performance on the field.Off-the-field issues — which can now play a large role in a player’s career arc — are not addressed.That could be changing, however — thanks to a new agreement between the NFL and the NFL Players Association that was announced on May 20.The agreement is in two parts.According to NFL.com, the first part addresses pain management.The second part concerns the mental health of NFL players.This announcement probably escaped your notice last month — possibly since it had nothing to do with the possibility that the Chiefs could make a deal to sign Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson — but over the long term Womens Carlos Hyde Jersey , this could be a significant development for NFL teams.In the wake of the announcement, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones expressed support for the new measure, via ESPN.Many teams have had mental health professionals available to their players on an outpatient basis.What’s new in this mandate is that teams will now be required to have these professionals in their facilities on a regular basis, where they will be better equipped to not only help players with problems but also identify the players who need help.The Carolina Panthers — a team which has been pushing for this change — hired a full-time team clinician just after the beginning of last season.The first team to hire theirs in the wake of the new NFL/NFLPA agreement is the Chiefs, who announced the hiring of Dr. Shaun Tyrance on Friday.But according to old friend B.J. Kissel on Chiefs.com, this isn’t just because of the new mandate.Dr. Tyrance — a licensed therapist — has been a consultant to Chiefs’ vice president of administration Kirsten Krug for years. Last fall, he was approached about becoming the team’s full-time clinician.Veteran NFL wide receiver Brandon Marshall has been advocating for similar changes for years — ever since he was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder while playing for the Miami Dolphins in 2011.Marshall told the Orlando Sun-Sentinel that this new mandate is “a start, but not the finish line.”But that isn’t what’s happening at Arrowhead.According to Kissel, the Chiefs are doing much more than fulfilling the minimum requirements of the new mandate. Dr. Tyrance has an office in the facility and has been given full access. He is present at every practice and every team meeting.It’s not hard to imagine that Dr. Tyrance’s duties will eventually extend to helping the Chiefs identify — and if necessary, help — players with character issues.Dr. Tyrance has the background for the position.From 2007 until 2010, he served as director of sport psychology for the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, providing counseling at the entire athletic department.He spent two years as director of sport psychology for Chip Ganassi Racing — a multi-car NASCAR team — serving the drivers and pit crew members.In 2010, he started a private practice in Charlotte providing mental health counseling and leadership development to individuals, teams and companies — including the Chiefs.He will join the existing player engagement department, which will become a new business unit called player services under Krug’s direction.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).