Combine. I threw the ball well at Pro Day

in Residenz des Hokage 23.12.2019 04:33
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

When it comes to these international trips Bo Jackson Jersey White , there are two schools of thought. Either you rip the band aid off, fly in, keep keep your bodily clock the same, play the game and fly out or you go over early and spend a week acclimating to the time change. Last year the Raiders tried the former and played a terrible game. This year they’re trying the latter, hoping for better results.“I learned a valuable lesson that we need a little bit more time to get acclimated,” said Gruden. “It was my first time last year coming to London and playing football. I’m used to playing home games at home, so I made a mistake and I’m trying to correct it this year and hopefully it shows on the field.”Last year may have been Gruden’s first time playing in London, but it wasn’t the Raiders’ first time. They came over in 2014 as well. That time they stayed the week and the results were pretty similar in a loss to the Dolphins. That was Carr’s rookie season, so he’s on his third trip to London, having been experienced both the week prep trip and the quick trip experiences.“I definitely feel better, that’s for sure,” said Carr. “My body feels better, I know our team feels better. Having that day off when you first get here and then having another day off after that to rest and get right and eat, get your metabolism going back the right way and things like that. As a family man I hate it, if I’m going to be honest, but as a quarterback I love it. So, I think coming the whole week is a good move.”Not only was that Carr’s fourth game as a pro, he was hurt in the game as well, so the first time wasn’t ideal for him either. The loss put the team at 0-4, Dennis Allen was fired as head coach immediately after, and the team would go on to lose six more after that under interim head coach Tony Sporano before getting their first win of the season. Last year the Raiders arrived the Friday before and had to play a game less than two days removed from a 14-hour plane flight and their bodily clocks out of whack from the extreme time change.Last year the Raiders loss to the Seahawks in London dropped them to 1-5 on the season and they would lose three more before getting their second win of the season and would finish 4-12. One could argue the losses in London in the previous seasons had a lot more to do with the quality of the product on the field than any sort of bodily clock issues. But Gruden isn’t taking any chances. He’s tried one and it didn’t work https://www.raiderslockerroom.com/authentic-derek-carr-jersey , so he’s trying the other.“We have a great trainer here, A.J Neibel and his staff, we have a great nutritionist, great trainers, Rod Martin’s been around a long time, so we just take their advice,” Gruden said of acclimating the team. “We came here and we tried to keep the players active until the early part of the evening. We did everything that we were advised to do. Last year when we came they did what I advised them to do and you see it didn’t work out. So, now we’re actually listening to people that know what they’re doing and hopefully it helps our performance.”Gruden has been accused of being insane, but at least in some cases he doesn’t do the same thing over and over expecting different results. The players seem to be happy about the week stay in London, which they are already saying has a training camp feel to it. Most importantly, they were allowed a couple days to get the bearings and get some rest, much more like a typical game week.“The biggest thing is making sure you get on the proper sleep pattern,” said Tahir Whitehead. “At the end of the day you can’t beat sleep, that gives your body the opportunity to recharge. That was really the only thing I did.”Again, it’s hard to say how much it will affect their game on Sunday, but it certainly can’t hurt. They will need to be at their best physically to match up with the Bears for a full 60 minutes.Follow @LeviDamien There has been a ton of debate going around about whether or not Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins will be the 2nd QB selected in this draft, or if he is about to experience a fall to the back half of..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Opinions on Dwayne Haskins range from ‘best QB in draft’ to a draft fall: Where would Raider Nation be OK with drafting him?New,420commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareOpinions on Dwayne Haskins range from ‘best QB in draft’ to a draft fall: Where would Raider Nation be OK with drafting him?Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY SportsThere has been a ton of debate going around about whether or not Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins will be the 2nd QB selected in this draft, or if he is about to experience a fall to the back half of the 1st round or even further. The rumors have been full swing on Haskins with him going anywhere from the Giants at 6 to the Raiders at 24, the question I pose to you is where would you consider it acceptable to draft a QB who likely wouldn’t see the field in the first season? Is there any point where you would be ok with the Raiders going after Haskins in this draft? The huge needs Oakland has all over the field makes drafting a QB a tough pill to swallow for many to see them spend a high pick when they already have Derek Carr. There is no doubt that they need many playmakers yet on both sides of the field, QB is not tops on the list of things the Raiders are in desperate need for.However Derek Carr Jersey White , there is always a shopper when it comes to quarterbacks in the NFL and getting a good one is a premium that can pay dividends in many ways. Dwayne Haskins would be one hell of a back up plan to Derek Carr if he does struggle in 2019, and he could easily demand a premium in trade if Carr regains his franchise QB status. The one fact that we all agree on is that the NFL is a cold business, and if the team thinks they can improve they will do it no matter who they already have in place. If Jon Gruden is not completely sold on the future of the franchise under Carr then you better believe that he’d be willing to spend a high pick on someone he considered an upgrade.That brings us back to the rumors swirling around Dwayne Haskins’ possible fall in the draft. As good of a prospect as he appears to be, he only has one starting season under his belt and he is competing with a 3 ½ year starter in Drew Lock of Missouri to be the 2nd QB picked in 2019. To make matters worse for Haskins, he might not even be 3rd because of the sudden hype lifting Duke QB Daniel Jones into the 1st round conversation as well.ESPN’s Todd McShay touched on this topic on the morning show ‘Get Up’ the other day when he spoke about the possibility of other QB’s leap frogging Haskins due to his lack of experience. Though he does say that he ultimately sees Haskins going in the top 10, he sees the best fit with the Giants who could easily pass on taking a QB at 6 because they have another pick coming at 17th overall.“If any of these quarterbacks are going to fall a little bit, it might be Haskins,” Todd McShay said on ESPN’s ‘Get Up!’ “It will be interesting to see. I keep hearing the Giants may not be in love with Haskins. I put him there because it’s kind of the only place in the top 10 I felt good about putting him. I do think, ultimately, he’ll wind up going somewhere in that range. But it may be a team moving up. The Giants could just pass on him and wind up taking Drew Lock a little bit later with that 17th pick.”That isn’t the only NFL insider that believes that the 10-17 range is entirely possible for the Ohio State QB either, Adam Schefter also said he ultimately believes that will be the range that Haskins will be picked in as well. He spoke on the issue on Sirius XM radio, and he also said that some teams don’t even have a 1st round grade on Haskins going into this draft.This chatter hasn’t escaped the attention of Haskins, though he says he couldn’t care less about it. That’s actually a great attitude to take about the situation because if you can’t control it then why worry about it.“I couldn’t care less,” Haskins said on ESPN’s First Take. “I did well at the Combine, did well at meetings at the Combine. I threw the ball well at Pro Day and I did well at my visits and my meetings. I did what I had to do as far as this process. It’s just been a long time. I’m ready to go play football again. Draft is next week, so we’ll see what happens.”There is also the opposite opinion of Haskins’ draft stock with Trent Dilfer stating that he believes he is Tom Brady-ish in his intelligence and Bar Stool Sports put out this bold tweet on Haskins’ behalf.That brings us back to the Raiders who very well could decide to take a chance on Dwayne Haskins if the price was right for them. He is a tall QB with a quick release that could translate very well into Jon Gruden’s quick strike offense. Though Haskins wasn’t pressured often in Urban Meyer’s Ohio State offense, he did have phenomenal stats in his one year starting with him completing over 70% of his passes and throwing 50 touchdowns.If the Giants do pass on him for a different signal caller in this draft then the Raiders might be a great fit for him to sit for a season and learn from a QB guru coach in Gruden. It also could help motivate Derek Carr into a better season with him knowing without a doubt in that circumstance that he needs to step up or he would be being shipped out.What do you think Raider Nation? At what point do you think it’d be worth it to consider Dwayne Haskins in this draft or is it just too high of a pick to use on a player that likely wouldn’t contribute in his rookie season? There is a lot to like about Haskins, but is he worth a high pick in this draft for the Raiders?

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).