received here, as he saw nothing but opposing play

in Residenz des Hokage 02.12.2019 02:34
von elaine95 • Sannin | 618 Beiträge

Zac Taylor goes on record regarding having phone breaks during meetings and gives some insight into how he hopes to build on each day."Most people have probably gone through the honeymoon stage of a relationship. That period of time where you first start seeing someone you’re interested in Jordan Evans Jersey Limited , and everything they do just infatuates you. From the way they smile, laugh or maybe just their fresh perspective on life that changes yours. Then finally comes the moment when you both can finally talk the specifics of your NFL schemes.Okay, maybe what the Bengals and new head coach Zac Taylor are going through is a little different. The excitement from both sides is very clear though. Taylor once again showed he has no problem being able to speak in front of a room of people when he held his first press conference after meeting with the team for the first time. He did emphasize that although this was the first time the two sides have been able to talk specifics, there is still plenty of work ahead.“You think about [addressing the team for the first time] a lot. In the grand scheme of things, it matters very little because we’re trying to build each and every day. So tomorrow’s team meeting is just as important as this team meeting. I’d be lying if I said you don’t think about that first time in front of the players and what your message is going to be. What’s important is that we keep stacking every single day and every single day that the players gain information we want to relay to them. Every team meeting is as good as the last one.”If there is one thing Taylor will be able to do during his time with the Bengals, it is say the right thing. It may come across as coach speak to most people, but as a fresh new exciting voice, he will be able to get away with it better than a coach who had been around for say more than 15 seasons.That isn’t to say all of Taylor’s press conference was committed to just referring to how excited the building was for this day. He also wasn’t afraid to touch on one of the more pressing issues facing new, younger coaches, phone breaks.“I wouldn’t say [coaches giving players phone breaks and conducting shorter meetings] happened just recently. I think it’s gotten more attention recently. That’s been important to me in places I’ve been for years now. I don’t have a long attention span. If I sit in a meeting with you all for more than 30 minutes, I lose my focus a little bit. I’ll try to keep this brief (laughs). I look at my phone as much as anyone. Nowadays, after 30 minutes, minds start to wander. So if you want the information that you spent a lot of time trying to package to be effective Nick Vigil Jersey , if you want it to really hit home, then you can’t expect to keep anybody — adults, players, whatever — in one setting for a long time. You have to try to focus that in and give them breaks when necessary.”When asked if he’d give players phone breaks, Taylor had this to say:“I wouldn’t call it a cell phone break. But if they want leave the meeting and look at their cell phone, it’s fine by me. To me, it’s just a break.”There you have it. Ring the millennial riot alarm. Of course, that is just a joke. Honestly if anyone is going to be able to relate to how to hold these players’ attentions, it is probably the coach that is as ingrained in the smartphone era as his players.Taylor was also asked about the whole Mark Walton situation, and how the team handled parting ways with the running back. “It’s hard anytime you deal with a player who’s put a lot of work into their career. The unfortunate thing about these situations sometimes is that you don’t really get a chance to know the player when you’re a new head coach. There’s a human element to this stuff, but we want things done a certain way, and we’re appreciative of the players that are here in the building and doing things the right way. That’s our expectation here at the Bengals.”Pretty much a perfect response to a situation like that. He didn’t go out of his way to criticize the player, but he was still able to reinforce that he understands how much these players work (which you can bet didn’t go unnoticed by the players still in the building) as well as instilling the culture he has tried to preach since being hired. Of course Andy Dalton Jersey , his comments on the Bengals new slogan “It’s About Us” (which I’m told has nothing to do with the NBC show This Is Us or the new Jordan Peele movie “Us”) really shows how a new coach may be able to come in and get something from the final few seasons this era of Bengals football has left.“All that matters is what’s inside these walls. There are so many distractions, so many different things going on outside these walls that can distract you and divert you away from what’s really important. I just want to make sure that our players and coaches understand that as we take care of business inside these walls, we’re going to be able achieve the things we want to achieve.”What was your favorite part of Taylor’s opening press conference?Bengals Week 3 rookie report: Sam Hubbard inches away from greatness; Mark Walton gets one chance In a game filled with injuries, the Bengals first-round pick missed his first career game, the team’s fourth-round pick made his debut. Starting center Billy Price watched from the sidelines wearing street clothes and a specialized boot that hopes to heal his foot in the next week or two. On the field, running back Mark Walton was the offense’s sole option behind Giovani Bernard, and got his first taste of regular season action. Find out how he and the other rookies played in the Bengals 31-21 defeat in Carolina in this week’s rookie report:Jessie BatesThe Panthers offense realized early in the game that they didn’t need to test the Bengals secondary (sans cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick) when they could just run the ball down the Bengals defense’s throat. Quarterback Cam Newton only threw the ball 24 times, and he never tested Bates at free safety. In fact, he rarely tested the deep middle of the field at all.Bates’ biggest impact came on shoestring tackle that prevented a long Christian McCaffrey touchdown run. He provided additional run support when the first two levels of the Bengals defense failed in this area with three other solo tackles, but had a quiet day in coverage. His day might be a lot more active when the Bengals take on Matt Ryan’s Falcons, who put up 374 passing yards and five touchdowns against the Saints yesterday.Sam HubbardIt was almost a spectacular day for the non-injured former Ohio State Buckeye. Hubbard and the majority of the Bengals defensive line were ineffective pressuring Newton in the pocket, but a fourth-quarter strip-sack from defensive end Carlos Dunlap gave Hubbard a chance to turn the tide of the game. After falling on the loose ball, Hubbard failed to secure it A.J. Green Jersey , and the Panthers would later punt, giving the Bengals much worse field position.After the game, Hubbard recalled the near-turnover: “I just got too aggressive. Saw it on the ground, dove on it. It’s hot and humid - and the grass - it slipped out. Popped out from under me and I didn’t even know where it went.”Later in the quarter, Hubbard broke through the Panthers line on their next punt and got his fingers on the ball again. Hubbard’s efforts caused the punt to come up noticeably short of its intended distance, but a blocked punt instead of a tipped punt gives the Bengals a much better chance of scoring on that drive, which ended in quarterback Andy Dalton’s third interception of the game. These two plays would’ve canceled out the non-impact performance Hubbard had as a pass-rusher and edge-setter. Without Michael Johnson playing, Hubbard underwhelmed in the rotation. He has an intriguing matchup with Atlanta’s right tackle Ryan Schraeder next week, who has had a shaky start to his season.Malik JeffersonThe Bengals linebackers were exposed in run defense against the Panthers rushing attack, but Jefferson had to watch it from the sidelines again. He was fourth on the team in special teams snaps. If Jefferson doesn’t see the field next week, he may not get a chance in the near future with Vontaze Burfict returning from his suspension and Preston Brown returning from his ankle injury. He may not be the answer, but it wouldn’t hurt to see if he can step up in an area they are clearly lacking in with the current state of the position group. Mark WaltonIt was a surprise for most to see the Bengals only activate two running backs, but with Thomas Rawls dealing with cramps Geno Atkins Jersey , it was just Giovani Bernard and Walton dressed on Sunday. Walton only saw one carry in his seven snaps, and it was negated by an Alex Redmond hold. It may be the most impressive play from the NFL this week that didn’t count.Walton is familiar with the kind of blocking he received here, as he saw nothing but opposing players in his face in the backfield all preseason long. This time, he actually made something out of nothing. It’s a shame that it got called back for a blatant hold from Redmond, as well as it being the only time Walton touched the ball. Considering Joe Mixon could be playing next week, the next time Walton gets an opportunity to play is a mystery.Did not playBilly Price Darius Phillips - Phillips was active but never saw the fieldAuden TateThe Bengals finish their two-game road stretch against the Falcons and will likely have to do it without Price. A.J. Green appears to be okay after exiting the game with what was initially diagnosed as a groin injury, but if he can’t go, it could be Auden Tate’s turn to dress. Bates and Hubbard definitely need to play well against a Falcons offense that can outscore anyone in the league, and how them and the rest of the defense bounce-back from this week may determine if the Bengals remain above .500 going into October.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).