a December knee injury to quarterback Carson Wentz

in Regeln und Informationen 18.11.2019 07:32
von chenyan94 • Genin | 167 Beiträge

Last year Youth Marcell Dareus Jerseys , opened the door for backup Nick Foles to take the Eagles to the Super Bowl and win it. This year, a December back injury to Wentz allowed Foles to lead the Eagles to their biggest win of the year, an upset over the heavily-favored Rams.With plenty of chapters left to be written in Philly’s Book of 2018, coach Doug Pederson already has reiterated that, when 2019 arrives, Wentz will still be the quarterback.“I can stand here and say that Carson is our quarterback,” Pederson told reporters on Friday. “He’s our quarterback in the future. That’s why we drafted him. It’s also why we have Nick here as a backup, as a veteran player to — I don’t want to say bail us out, but to come in and execute the offense. I think we just continue to reconfirm that with Carson and let him know that. Continue to say, ‘Hey, listen you’re going to be here for a long time http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-niles-paul-jersey , have a long career.’ We just have to commit to that and communicate that to him and let that kind of sink in.”But how deep will it sink? As discussed earlier this week on both and #PFTPM, at some point Foles could carry the Eagles far enough to force Pederson and the rest of the Eagles’ brain trust to convene a meeting aimed at determining whether it will be Foles or Wentz in 2019.That’s a premature conversation. But if Foles gets the Eagles to the playoffs, maybe that’s the time for the conversation. If he’d beat the No. 3 seed (currently the Bears) in the wild-card round, maybe that’s the time for it.If Foles at least keeps it close in the divisional round with the top-seeded Saints (assuming they nail it down), that would definitely be the time for it, because the Wentz-led Eagles suffered a 48-7 blowout in New Orleans during the regular season.Yes, the Eagles made a huge investment to trade up and draft Wentz in 2016. But while Wentz is the better quarterback, there’s an argument to be made that the team is better with Foles under center.Chris Simms offered a theory during Wednesday’s . He thinks that the Eagles become sufficiently smitten with Wentz’s skills that they abandon their game plan and lean on Wentz when they shouldn’t. With Foles, they go deeper into the playbook, committing to their broader philosophies and strategies in lieu of hoping for a quick fix.Again, for now there’s no reason to depart from Wentz. But there’s a point short of winning a second straight Super Bowl with Foles where the team’s mind should change.And Youth Josh Allen Jersey , yes, winning a second straight Super Bowl with Foles definitely should change the team’s mind. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue plans to skip Jacksonville’s mandatory three-day minicamp that begins Tuesday in hopes of getting a new contract.Ngakoue’s agent, Roc Nation Sports, released a statement on behalf of the 2017 Pro Bowl selection a day before camp.“I will not be attending minicamp as my contract has not been resolved,” Ngakoue said. “I remain committed to Jacksonville, the fans and my teammates. My hope is to be with Jacksonville for years to come.”The announcement ended weeks of speculation surrounding Ngakoue, who showed up for the start of voluntary organized team activities last month , vowed to attend the remaining dozen practices, and emphatically said he plans to play this season even if he doesn’t get a long-term contract. He bailed on teammates and coaches three days later. He also skipped most of Jacksonville’s voluntary offseason conditioning program to work out in Miami.The former Maryland standout, a third-round draft pick in 2016 Josh Allen Jersey Color Rush , is entering the fourth and final year of a $3.84 million rookie deal. He’s due to make $2.025 million this fall — far less than other top playmakers at his position.Two teammates went to bat for Ngakoue shortly after his statement dropped. Two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Jalen Ramsey posted two pictures of his defensive teammate on his Instagram story, adding the words “ready to see my brudda get what he had earned!! Pay him!!” to the first. And running back Leonard Fournette tweeted “Pay @YannickNgakoue.”The Jaguars have said they want to re-sign the 24-year-old Ngakoue, but there’s no guarantee it will happen.Although it’s clear Ngakoue has outperformed his current deal, he’s also an undersized defensive end who could be stouter against the run. Plus, the Jaguars landed his potential replacement in April when they selected Kentucky standout Josh Allen with the seventh overall pick in the draft.Allen bruised his right knee during the team’s first OTA and hasn’t practiced since. Ngakoue left Jacksonville shortly after coach Doug Marrone announced Allen’s injury and said the team would be cautious with his return.Jacksonville has roughly $13 million in salary cap space for 2019 and probably would need to be creative to pay Ngakoue now. The team would gain nearly $10 million more if linebacker Telvin Smith, who intends to sit out this season , fails to show up for training camp.Ngakoue has 29 ½ sacks and 10 forced fumbles in three NFL seasons. He finished with 9 ½ sacks last year, but had no strip sacks for the first time in his NFL career.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).