indoor season to ensure she was fit and ready for

in FanArts 16.09.2019 06:40
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

Britains top paulter Holly Bradshaw cannot wait to kick-start her season at the Birmingham Diamond League on Sunday. The 24-year-old from Preston, now based in Cardiff, skipped the indoor season to ensure she was fit and ready for the outdoor campaign in the build-up to the Rio Olympics this summer.Bradshaw has already produced the qualifying mark, but will still need to stay in shape to ensure selection having struggled with several niggling injuries since the London 2012 Games. Ahead of this weekends illustrious showdown at the Alexander Stadium, the Sky Academy Sports Scholar said: This will be my first competition of the season for me so Im super excited to get back out doing what I love.I love competing in the UK, especially Birmingham, as the British crowds are the best. My parents and husband are coming to watch which makes it more special.Competing abroad is great but in the UK they get to see me jump and I knowing theyre in the crowd really spurs me on.2016 is going to be a great year - any year that has an Olympics in it is ultra special. I cant wait to get going and build momentum leading into Rio.Bradshaw will be looking to improve in Brazil on her sixth place at the London Olympics four years ago. She also finished seventh at the World Championships in Beijing last year. Mo Farah is another Brit in good form in Olympic year To help focus on perfecting her technique and staying fit during the close season, Bradshaw has been in South Africa and more recently the United States for pre-season winter camps.Also competing on the Birmingham stage will be double Olympic champion Mo Farah and Greg Rutherford, the Olympic and world long jump champion looking to extend a winning streak dating back to July last year.Olympic 800m champion David Rudisha is stepping down in distance to race over the rarely-run 600m.WHATS COMING UP FOR OUR SCHOLARS5 JUNE: Holly Bradshaw, Birmingham Diamond League10-16 JUNE: IPC Athletics European Championships in Grosseto, Italy23-26 JUNE: Lucy Garner, National Road Cycling Champs, Stockton-on-Tees Also See: About the Scholarship Meet the athletes Blogs Videos Galleries Warren Moon Jersey . Carcillo was a little of both for New York in Game 3. Derek Stepan, Martin St. Louis, Dan Girardi and Carcillo scored goals, leading the Rangers to a 4-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night. Jurrell Casey Youth Jersey . Cammalleri suffered a concussion in the Flames 2-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday. The 31-year-old forward did not travel with the team to Carolina. http://www.authentictitanspro.com/Warren-moon-titans-jersey/ . -- ETwaun Moore had 14 points in 30 minutes, and the Orlando Magic defeated the Detroit Pistons 87-86 on Sunday night. Jeffery Simmons Womens Jersey .com) - Even on the day his New Hampshire football team became the nations top-ranked team two weeks ago, coach Sean McDonnell conceded something about the team they replaced at No. Nate Davis Womens Jersey .com) - The Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with running back Jackie Battle on a one-year contract Friday.PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- Jimmy Walker and Jordan Spieth are tied for the lead at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, which should surprise no one. Walker went eight years and 187 starts on the PGA Tour before his first victory, and now he cant seem to lose. He already has won twice in this new wraparound season, the Frys.com Open and Sony Open, and he has played 36 holes this week without making a bogey. That included a 69 at Spyglass Hill on Friday. And it helps that Walker has finished in the top 10 at Pebble Beach each of the last three years. "Its definitely not old," he said of this position he keeps finding himself in. "Ive been here before after 36 holes and after 54 and after 72. You do get more comfortable and you start to realize what it takes." Spieth had an amazing rookie season, going from no status at the start of the year to No. 7 in the FedEx Cup and a spot on the Presidents Cup team. And the 20-year-old Texan has shown no sign of stopping. Throw out that missed cut at the Sony Open, a matter of the hole failing to get in the way of his putts, and consider his start. He led after the first and third rounds at Kapalua, where he played in the final group and finished second. He led after 36 holes at the Farmers Insurance Open and played in the final group at Torrey Pines. Spieth had a 67 at Monterey Peninsula, following a 67 at Spyglass Hill, and now heads to Pebble Beach. In his young career -- 27 tournaments in the book since turning pro -- he already has a win at the John Deere Classic and four runner-up finishes. Spieth doesnt see the four second-place finishes as failures, rather learning experiences, which shows a maturity beyond his years. Both still have one more day before they can truly figure out where they stand. Walker was at 9-under 135 and heads to Monterey Peninsula, the easiest of the three courses in the rotation. Spieth was at 9-under 134 and goes to Pebble Beach, which can be brutal in nasty weather. And the forecast for Saturday was not particularly pleasant. Along with a three-club wind on the exposed sections of all three courses, steady rain began coming down sideways toward the end of the second round. There was about a 75 per cent chance for more rain Saturday, and Sunday didnt appear to be much better. More than looking ahead, Spieth was looking behind. He was happy to at least geet Spyglass out of the way already, having opened with a 67 on Thursday.dddddddddddd That didnt make the Shore Course at Monterey Peninsula a picnic. "Today was very difficult," Spieth said. "We started out in the rain and wind, and we finished in rainier and windier," he said. Spieth caught Walker for a share of the lead on the 187-yard ninth hole, which typically requires a 6-iron. He watched Kevin Chappell hit first with a 3-iron, and the ball rolled back down off the front of the green. Spieth doesnt carry a 3-iron. "I went to a hybrid," he said. "And I just kind of hit a little stinger cut about 20 feet away. And then it was normally a straight putt and Michael (Greller) and I, my caddie, are looking at each other saying, Well, weve got to play this about a foot out to the right with the wind. And so I hit it a foot out. With about 3 feet to go, the wind just blew it right, just broke perfectly right into the hole." Walkers best holes were his pars, particularly the par-5 14th. His 8-iron came back down into a bunker, leaving him such an awkward lie that he had to plant his feet outside the sand. With a shallow swing, he did well to blast out 12 feet away, and he made the par putt. "That was pretty big to keep it feeling like things were still in my favour," Walker said. He made two long birdie putts, and then hit a drive of nearly 390 yards on the seventh hole -- with the aid of a cart path. It left him only an 8-iron to the green, and he had an easy up-and-down for his final birdie. Hunter Mahan had a 68 at Spyglass Hill, with half of his six birdies on the par 5s. He was at 8-under 136. "Coming up these last few holes are tough," Mahan said. "Theyre uphill, they got the wind, its getting cold, raining. You just dont want to throw away shots. Because this can be a long week, and it could be mentally more grinding than anything." Phil Mickelson had a 73 at Pebble Beach and was five shots behind, even though he has taken 62 putts over two rounds. "Tee to green, Im playing very well, but I havent putted this poorly in a year," he said. "For the way Im hitting it, its a little disappointing because I should have a really good opportunity. And Ill have to turn it around. Its not too late, but Ive got to get it turned around here." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).