nesdays 4-3 Blue Jays loss to the Diamondbacks. Both hitter

in FanArts 10.09.2019 04:43
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

PHOENIX - Jeremy Jeffress faced two batters in the 10th inning of Wednesdays 4-3 Blue Jays loss to the Diamondbacks. Both hitters singled. The second hit, off the bat of pesky shortstop Willie Bloomquist, scored Adam Eaton and gave Arizona the series sweep-avoiding win in walk-off fashion. Not a pleasant return to the majors for Jeffress in his first appearance in almost five months, but occasionally in defeat, there is victory. Jeffress story, this 2013 season, is one of overcoming. First, a little background. There have been problems since his draft year of 2006 when he went 16th overall to the Milwaukee Brewers. There was the positive test for a "drug of abuse", marijuana. He got a warning. In 2007, he tested positive again and sat for 50 games. Two years later, he tested positive again and sat for 100 games. If theres a next time, a fourth time, Jeffress will be banned from baseball for life. "Stoner," they yell. "Addict," they scream. You name the catcall, hes heard it. Jeffress ignores them, which has become easier to do because now he understands why he would get high. The marijuana helped him to cope with juvenile epilepsy, a condition thats affected him for years but was only recently diagnosed by doctors at the Women and Childrens Hospital in Buffalo. "To get that taken care of, I know baseball is my life, but being healthy and being away from my family for this long, that was just the biggest key," Jeffress told TSN.ca. "At first, when I got into the hospital, it messed with me a little bit. Its like, I just want to be on the field. Whenever Im on the field, I dont think about the seizure stuff but now that I understand, that was a big key to my life." The "seizure stuff" Jeffress is referring to is only one of the symptoms of juvenile epilepsy. Theres also twitching, especially prevalent at the start and the end of the day. Theres anxiety. Its a cruel mixture, especially when it persists for years without proper diagnosis. Jeffress spent about five weeks on the disabled list. He was prescribed medication, which he now swears by, that has alleviated the twitching and calmed him down. He hasnt had a seizure in more than two months. Now, Jeffress just wants to focus on mastering his craft. Hes coming along in that regard. Like Neil Wagner, Jeffress is a flame-thrower. Every now and then, the radar gun hits triple digits when hes on the mound. He saved some games for the Bisons when Wagner was called up. However, also like Wagner, Jeffress struggled for years to command his lively fastball. Hes made an adjustment, under the tutelage of Bisons pitching coach Bob Stanley, dropping his arm slot. Despite averaging 4.3 walks per nine innings in 25 appearances for Buffalo, Jeffress believes hes on the right track. "Everybodys always told me I dont have to over-amplify and overdo myself just to get the ball past people," said Jeffress, who turns 26 on September 21. "Putting it in certain spots and working down in the zone, thats tough to hit already. Me thinking, before, that I had to blow it by everybody with 98 to 99 and just try to do it that way, it wont work. You have to be not too fine but just in the zone more consistently." Its hard to say what opportunities will arise over the final three and a half weeks. Jeffress will be called upon in certain high-leverage situations, like he was on Wednesday, and hell have the chance to show what he can do. In his third organization, there was a stop in Kansas City after Milwaukee, Jeffress knows a strong showing will plant a seed with general manager Alex Anthopoulos. The organization loves his arm. "I really just want to show them that Im very capable for them to trust in me," said Jeffress. "Thats what I want them to do is basically trust me. If were in a close game or whatever and we need a couple of outs, I want them to have my name in their heads, for sure. Just get them to see that I can do the job." Irving Fryar Womens Jersey . -- Syracuse was dangerously close to letting another less talented opponent pull off the upset when C. Irving Fryar Youth Jersey . How foolishly wrong I was. Forget the now inherent corruption and back handed favours that plague the beautiful game. Goal Line Technology? Youre having a laugh. As for them penalty cheating bandits, footballs lawmakers upend them by awarding the penalty to the opponent each time a player attempts to con the referee into awarding ghost penalties. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/Elite-Sony-Michel-Patriots-Jersey/ .J. -- Jaromir Jagr has hit so many NHL milestones this season for the New Jersey Devils that he is starting to downplay them. Julian Edelman Womens Jersey . The announcement was made by the hall on Friday, March 14. She joins Switzerlands Denise Biellmann as this years inductees to the Hall, based in Colorado Springs, CO. Tom Brady Womens Jersey . In the other Group A game, the Czech Republic stunned Canada, 5-4 in a shootout. Dominik Simon scored the deciding goal in the tiebreaker. The United States scored its first three goals on power plays. "Overall, I love to see the power-play goals we were able to get tonight," said U.INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts linebacker Robert Mathis has apologized to his teammates for the four-game suspension he received from the NFL. On Wednesday, Mathis spoke publicly for the first time since the league announced he had violated its performance-enhancing substance abuse policy. Mathis had previously admitted to taking fertility medication that contained a substance on the NFLs banned list. He also said he didd not check with league officials or the players union to determine if anything he used might cause a positive drug test.dddddddddddd. Defensive end Cory Redding, one of Mathis closest friends, says he didnt need to hear an apology. He says Mathis acknowledged it was his mistake. Mathis can participate in off-season workouts, training camp and preseason games. He can return to the team Sept. 29. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).