Steelers News: It is time for a No. 3 wide receiving option

in Regeln und Informationen 10.09.2019 03:54
von chenyan94 • Genin | 167 Beiträge

to emerge The Pittsburgh Steelers are back in the loser column after a poor performance vs. their divisional rival Dermontti Dawson Jersey , the Baltimore Ravens, at Heinz Field in prime time in Week 4. With the Atlanta Falcons coming into Heinz Field for a Week-5 matchup, the Steelers will need to improve on their 1-2-1 record. Something I did last season and I’m going to start again is the Black-and-Gold Links article. This is an article where I take stories from quality news sources across the Internet, and add them here for your viewing pleasure. I won’t be posting the entire articles, but I’ll link each story and author so that you can read the full article. Today we talk about how the Steelers are lacking a true No. 3 receiving option on offense. Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster are clearly No. 1 and No. 2, but someone else needs to emerge to help the offense click on all cylinders. In the past, it was Le’Veon Bell and/or Eli Rogers, but coming into the season it was James Washington who was expected to fill that role. Who will step up? Vance McDonald? Jesse James?Only time will tell...Let’s get to the news:Steelers looking for more production out of No. 3 WR James WashingtonBy: Chris Adamski, Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewThrough four games this season, the Pittsburgh Steelers have gotten 60 catches for 688 yards from their top two wide receivers.After that, though, there’s been a precipitous drop-off. Ryan Switzer, James Washington, Justin Hunter and Darrius Heyward-Bey have combined for 110 receiving yards.Hunter has been inactive the past three games Jack Ham Jersey , Heyward-Bey has an ankle injury and the majority of Switzer’s receiving production has come when he lined up in the backfield as a de facto running back. So that leaves Washington, a rookie second-round pick, as the logical candidate for production from a Steelers receiver not named Antonio Brown or JuJu Smith-Schuster.Through four games, Washington has been limited to five catches for 49 yards and a touchdown, but his usage has been trending up.“He’s starting to get (significant) snaps,” offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner said.Washington played 47 of the Steelers’ 62 offensive snaps during this past Sunday’s loss to Baltimore. But he was targeted by just four of Ben Roethlisberger’s 47 passes (Brown and Smith-Schuster were 11 times each).Still, Fichtner insists Washington is getting open.“Sometimes he’s not always in a primary spot,” Fichtner said, “sometimes he is.“I don’t know if it’s anything in particular that we’re trying to do or not do, but he’s actually improved.”With Heyward-Bey not practicing thus far this week and looking as if he won’t play Sunday against Atlanta, Hunter might again earn a spot in the lineup.“He’s an option, no doubt,” Fichtner said.Tim Benz: Steelers don’t trust James Conner as much as they sayBy: Tim Benz, Pittsburgh Tribune-ReviewThe more the Steelers talk about James Conner Jack Lambert Jersey , the more they promote his attributes as a running back.If the coaches and players honestly believe what they are saying, it’s time they start buying into their own sales job.Because the numbers on-field don’t support the backing given to Conner between games.Without Le’Veon Bell as the go-to running back, the Steelers either can’t run or are afraid to try.Maybe both.Whatever the case, the Steelers rank 27th in yards per rushing attempt in the NFL and 28th in total rushing attempts.The hype surrounding Conner started in training camp when it became apparent Bell would be sitting out activities in Latrobe for a second straight year. Every offensive player or coach at Saint Vincent College drooled while gushing about Conner’s improved blocking, hands, speed, decisiveness, health and conditioning.The praise ramped up as it became apparent Bell wouldn’t be reporting in time for the season opener in Cleveland. Conner rewarded that praise by totaling 192 yards from scrimmage in that contest.He was excellent.Until that fumble in the fourth quarter that turned the game around.Maybe that was it. Maybe that’s the reason. Whatever the case, since that moment, the Steelers haven’t treated their running game with Conner the same as they used to with Bell.They’ll protest to the contrary, though.“James Conner has been really solid,” Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. “Both with the ball in his hands and without.”If that’s true, then he should get the ball more.Falcons are talking about AB, T.J. Mike Webster Jersey , Ben & moreWhen the Steelers take on the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at Heinz Field it will be a matchup of two explosive offenses that are looking to get back on track and start stacking some wins.Falcons Coach Dan Quinn knows the weapons the Steelers bring to the table, starting with but not limited to Antonio Brown.“Right off the bat it’s the explosiveness their team has,” said Quinn. “As good and explosive as Antonio is, they have a full complement of guys they use at receiver and tight ends and backs. They make it very challenging because of the different guys they go to and the matchups. They have a full arsenal and full stable of guys they like to feature and use.”The Falcons also weighed in on JuJu Smith-Schuster, T.J Watt and more.Running back Devonta Freeman on Antonio Brown:“AB is explosive. You already know AB is explosive. I have nothing but respect for AB. I know his work ethic. I know him personally. I know where he comes from. I know he is a competitor. I know he likes to play. I know he likes to win. I know he likes to perform at a high level.”Quinn on what makes JuJu Smith-Schuster a difficult matchup:“He really finishes. With the ball in his hands, the finishing elements, the physicality. You can see in his background there is defense for sure. He’ll go and finish out. The speed is there, but there is speed with a number of the receivers in their offense. The speed in which they play. But the way JuJu finishes, the physicality, those are things that at the end of the catch, the end of the run, that he certainly caught my attention from a competitor. You better bring it because he certainly is.”Quarterback Matt Ryan on what he sees from the Steelers defense:“They’re some talented players at all levels of the defense. Cam (Heyward) in the front-seven – disruptive player, very physical, they’ve got some good outside linebackers in their base schemes come defensive ends and they’re sub-defense. Talented rushers Mel Blount Jersey , physical guys, very athletic. So they’ve got some good players on the backend. They’ve been dealing with some injuries across the board on defense but they’ve got some tough schemes to go against as players.” The Pittsburgh Steelers are approaching training camp, and we provide some potential predictions for the upcoming season" Latest NewsFeatures and Long FormChris Boswell will make at least 85 percent of his field goals in 2019New,9commentsThe Pittsburgh Steelers are approaching training camp, and we provide some potential predictions for the upcoming seasonEDTWith 5 days to go until the start of training camp for the Pittsburgh Steelers, we continue our 30 predictions in 30 days series with another bold claim for 2019.Alternating daily between myself and BTSC Editor Jeff Hartman, we will offer our forecasts for the upcoming season. Some will be team oriented, while others will be specific to individual players. Posing an argument for and against our predictions, we invite you to weigh in on the debate as well.Following on from my last claim that the Steelers will beat the Cleveland Browns twice in 2019, I turn my attention toward the Steelers special teams unit.Prediction: Kicker Chris Boswell will makes at least 85 percent of his field goals in 2019.Why it will happen: While there can be no argument that the 2018 season was something of a disaster for Chris Boswell, his performances during his first three years in the league prove what he is capable of. The question now remains whether last season was merely an anomaly or an experience that has irreparably damage him going forward.No one but the kicker and the coaching staff know for sure if it was his mechanics or his mind that failed him last year, but Boswell appeared to suggest that it was a bit of both when talking to reporters this offseason. And while fixing his mechanics seems very achievable, repairing his confidence might take more time.Successful on 92.1 percent of his field goals in 2017, 84 percent in 201 6 and 90.6 percent in 2015 Troy Polamalu Jersey , if Boswell can put the 2018 season behind him and revert to this Pro Bowl for of the year before, making at least 85 percent of his kicks in 2019 is a realistic target.And while Boswell was not willing to use the groin tear that ended his season prematurely as an excuse, it is clear there were medical reasons for his struggles later in the year. Assuming he is now fully recovered, there is ever reason to expect him to be more accurate this season if accompanied by the right mindset.Why it won’t happen: NFL history is littered with the names of kickers who have briefly enjoyed success, only to wash out a few years later. The fact that the Steelers delayed payment of his roster bonus until after the final preseason game an obvious indicator of their concerns about his ability to bounce back.If Boswell was feeling the heat from the media and the fans in 2018 as the misses started to pile up, the criticism is likely to be even more intense this season. For a position that relies on confidence perhaps more than any other, a few missed kicks early on in the season could quickly make the pressure on Boswell unbearable.And should he be unable to convince the coaching staff to trust him after training camp, there is every chance Boswell might not even make it to a fourth season in Pittsburgh to begin with.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="X2swa1">What are your thoughts on this prediction? Do you think it will happen? Or are we crazy? Let us know by voting in the poll, and letting your voice be heard in the comment section below!

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).