handling of goalkeeper Hugo Lloris head injury during a

in FanArts 03.09.2019 04:01
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

LONDON -- Tottenham has faced a barrage of criticism this week from FIFA, players unions and medical experts over the clubs handling of goalkeeper Hugo Lloris head injury during a Premier League match. On Wednesday, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas hit back. In a passionate defence of himself and the London clubs medical staff, the Portuguese coach rebuked the "incompetent people" who have attacked Tottenham for allowing Lloris to continue playing after being briefly knocked unconscious against Everton on Sunday. Villas-Boas was particularly unhappy that club doctor Shabaaz Mughal and physio Geoff Scott have taken some stick. The pair played key roles in saving the life of Fabrice Muamba, who suffered an on-field cardiac arrest while playing for Bolton against Tottenham in an FA Cup match in 2012. "I find it extremely disappointing that two people -- a great doctor and a great physio, who saved the life of Muamba -- were heavily put into question by lots of incompetent people, with absolutely no experience on the pitch, no experience in the action, no experience in the moment," Villas-Boas said. "That is extremely serious and disappointing." Lloris was knocked out when his head smashed into a knee of Romelu Lukaku as the Everton striker chased down the ball in the 78th minute at Goodison Park. Lukaku didnt escape Villas-Boas wrath, either. "I find it remarkable as well that nobody has dedicated themselves to find out if the player could have avoided the keeper and Im disappointed that Lukaku hasnt contacted Hugo," Villas-Boas said. "I dont question Lukakus integrity or human side, I have maximum respect for him and I think he has for me, but from all this excitement from something that is so negative Im surprised no time was lost to study this. I dont want to question Lukaku, hes a young player, wonderfully gifted but I think he could have jumped over Lloris." FIFAs chief medical officer, professor Jiri Dvorak, said Lloris "should have been substituted" while the FIFPro players union said Villas-Boas and his staff had "failed to protect the goalkeeper." Brain injury charity Headway has also been critical. "My medical department has followed the Premier League guidelines for this type of situation," Villas-Boas said. Lloris is in contention to play for Tottenham in its Europa League match against Sheriff Tiraspol on Thursday. Tiger Williams Kings Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Robyn Regehr Jersey . -- Edwin Encarnacion hit a three-run homer, Colby Rasmus drove in two runs and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Detroit Tigers 9-4 on Saturday. http://www.kingsauthentic.com/authentic-derek-forbort-kings-jersey/ .2 million in 2012, according to tax returns the league has submitted. Rob Blake Jersey . Ricciardo made it only halfway around the Jerez track before his RB10 rolled to a stop and began spouting smoke from the back. After team mechanics tended to the car, Ricciardo went back out for a mere two trips around the circuit before calling it quits. Butch Goring Kings Jersey .C., won gold in the womens 200-metre backstroke, and Dominique Bouchard of North Bay, Ont.DETROIT - Takuma Sato has earned the pole position for Sundays second race of the Detroit Grand Prix. Satos final lap in the second of two qualifying sessions knocked Helio Castroneves out of the top spot. Castroneves, who won the pole and finished fifth in Saturdays first race, will start third under the Indy Car series qualifying rules. Canadian James Hinchcliffe, the fastest driver in the eearly qualifying session, will share the front row with Sato.dddddddddddd. Will Power, who won Saturdays first race, will start eighth Sunday. It was another short qualifying run for Indianapolis 500 champion Ryan Hunter-Reay, who crashed on his first qualifying lap and will start 21st. He had the same starting spot a day earlier and finished 16 after crashing on the last lap. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).