went out there and did the best he could and got

in FanArts 30.08.2019 04:51
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Arizona manager Kirk Gibson found no fault with Josh Collmenter after the right-hander settled down in the third inning. Collmenter gave up a career-high 11 hits, and the Diamondbacks couldnt solve Ervin Santana or the Atlanta bullpen in a 5-2 loss to the Braves on Friday night. "He went out there and did the best he could and got through six innings. We were unable to score runs," Gibson said. Freddie Freeman drove in two runs, and Santana won his second straight start for Atlanta, which stretched its winning streak to eight games. Arizona began the night tied with Houston for the most losses in the majors with 51. The Diamondbacks have lost seven of 11. "Were trying everything we can to turn around things, but its not happening," third baseman Martin Prado said. "Were trying to have good at-bats and everything. I feel like were pretty close. Theres a bunch of guys having good at-bats." After earning three victories from June 20-28, Collmenter (7-5) allowed five runs, one walk, and struck out three in six-plus innings. The Braves have won 10 of 11 to move 10 games over .500 for the first time since April 29. They lead the NL East by 1 1/2 games. Santana (7-5) gave up six hits and two runs with one walk and six strikeouts in 7 1-3 innings. The Braves made it 2-0 in the first on Freemans RBI single and Jason Heywards RBI groundout. Atlanta went up 4-1 in the third on Andrelton Simmons bases-loaded RBI single and Justin Uptons RBI walk, but Collmenter stranded the bases loaded when Heyward popped out. Collmenters night ended after Simmons led off the seventh with a double. Oliver Perez, the next Arizona pitcher, allowed another RBI single by Freeman to make it 5-1. "I wasnt missing so much up in the zone as missing over the plate, enough for them to get a piece of the ball," Collmenter said. "I just didnt capitalize on my opportunities when I could have made a pitch." Santana seemed in sync most of the night, but that hasnt been the case over the last few weeks. After winning 2-0 against the Cubs on May 10, Santana went 1-5 with a 5.96 ERA over his next eight starts before earning a 10-3 victory last Saturday at Philadelphia. "Everything my way is getting back again, so I just have to keep it up," Santana said. "Keep my mind positive and keep working down in the zone." Santana retired 11 straight before Didi Gregorius singled to begin the eighth. He left the game one out later when Ender Inciarte singled. After Luis Avilan retired David Peralta on an RBI forceout, Jordan Walden gave up a double to Paul Goldschmidt before striking out Miguel Montero to end the threat. In the ninth, Craig Kimbrel struck out Prado, retired Gerardo Parra on a groundout and got Nick Ahmed to fly out for his 27th save in 31 chances. Arizona cut the lead to 2-1 in the second when Prado led off with a single, moved to second and third on groundouts and scored on Santanas wild pitch. Santana didnt make many mistakes. "He was spotting," Prado said. "I saw him pretty good, but he was commanding his fastball. They took advantage of the first inning and scored a couple runs, and that was good enough for him." NOTES: Collmenter allowed 10 hits in a 6-0 loss at Detroit on June 25, 2011. ... The Braves announced a sellout with a season-high crowd of 48,815. ... Freeman, who went 2 for 4, is hitting .365 over his last 19 games. ... Atlantas bullpen has a 0.42 ERA over a span of 21 2-3 innings during the eight-game winning streak. ... Peralta went 2 for 4 and is hitting .406 over his last nine games. ... Perez had stranded 10 straight inherited runners before Freeman drove in Simmons. Nike Air Force 1 Ingrosso . The Mavericks were not going to let San Antonio beat them with 3-pointers, and they did not want Tony Parker using the lane as his personal playground. Nike Presto x Off White Shop .com) - Generally you want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. http://www.airforce1justdoit.it/air-force-1-just-do-it-scontate/air-force-1-just-do-it-nere.html . The right-hander pitched into the seventh inning and boosted Cincinnatis struggling offence by hitting a double and scoring as the Reds ended a seven-game losing streak by beating the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Saturday night. Nike Air Presto Nere Italia . After Andrew Romine served up two monster home runs in the inning, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he thought Romine was one of the bright spots on the night, showing just how bad the series opener against the last-place Minnesota Twins went for the Tigers. Nike Air Force 1 In Offerta . -- Get a flow chart ready to follow the Packers quarterback situation.Though it hasnt been easy for Calgary coach Bob Hartley to stomach, the Flames continue finding ways to come back and win. After rallying to beat the Ducks last week and coming off yet another comeback victory, the Flames look to avoid losing their 19th consecutive regular-season game in Anaheim tonight. Never mind the grey hair, Ill have to get my heart checked, Hartley said after Calgary rallied to beat New Jersey on Saturday. I dont know how they do it but we found a way again. Were not making it easy but were making it interesting. Trailing 2-0 after one period and 3-1 after two, Calgary (13-7-2) scored three times in the third, including twice with its goalie pulled, before prevailing 5-4 in a shootout. It was the first time in team history that the Flames scored twice with their goalie pulled in favor of an extra attacker. Calgarys league-leading five victories when trailing after two periods are one more than it had in that same scenario last season. The Flames rebounded after twice rallying to tie Chicago before falling 4-3 on Thursday. That defeat came two days after Calgary overcame a 2-0 deficit to win 4-3 in a shootout against Anaheim (13-4-5). We attack, we attack a lot, and we create a lot of scoring chances, backup goaltender Karri Ramo told the Flames official website. Sometimes it comes and bites us, but thats what Ive noticed and think its the reason we find success when were behind. We play on the edge all the time and keep pushing. Former Ducks goaltender Jonas Hiller made 24 saves and allowed one of three players to score during the shootout Tuesday in his first game against the team with which he spent his first seven seasonns.dddddddddddd To be able to play with that team means a lot, said Hiller, who has a 3.45 goals-against average while splitting his last four starts. Its likely Hiller will be in net for his return to Anaheim, where the Flames are 0-13-5 in the regular season since a 5-1 victory Jan. 19, 2004. They are 0-12-5 there since a 5-2 win during the 2006 playoffs. Defenseman Dennis Wideman scored twice against the Ducks last week and added another goal versus Chicago before being held without a point Saturday. Teammate Curtis Glencross matched his season goal output with two against the Devils. He has seven points in his last seven games, but none in the last six versus Anaheim. Kyle Palmieri had the tying goal in the third period at Calgary and opened the scoring Sunday as Anaheim beat Arizona 2-1 for its first regulation victory since Nov. 2. The Ducks went 2-1-5 between regulations wins, but still had to sweat things out Sunday. We got to learn to play with the lead a little bit better and learn to finish them off instead of inviting them back in, said Frederik Andersen, who made 26 saves after posting a 3.62 GAA while going 1-1-2 in his previous five starts. Andersen allowed all three goals on 19 shots and two in the shootout against the Flames last week. Ryan Getzlaf was blanked at Calgary, but has six goals and 15 assists during a 13-game regular-season home point streak against the Flames. It seems unlikely that Anaheim defenseman Clayton Stoner will be available after missing Sundays contest because of a possible case of the mumps. Teammates Corey Perry and Francois Beauchemin each missed five games this month with the virus. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).