of the final inning. Holding a 3-0 lead, the Goldeyes gav

in FanArts 28.08.2019 04:44
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

It was going so well for the Winnipeg Goldeyes. That was until the top of the final inning. Holding a 3-0 lead, the Goldeyes gave up four runs in the top of the seventh inning and lost 4-3 to the St. Paul Saints in the second half of a modified doubleheader at Shaw Park Tuesday night. Winnipeg did win the first game 4-0, which was the completion of the June 14 game that was suspended by rain. The two results leave the Goldeyes with a 5 1/2 game lead over the Saints in the American Associations North Division. Winnipeg scored all three of their runs in the third inning of the second game. Tyler Kuhn singled in Sam Kimmel and reached third on an error. Josh Mazzola then singled in Kuhn. After going to second on a balk, Mazzola scored on a Casey Haerther single. Goldeyes starter Matt Jackson cruised through six scoreless innings, striking out 10 Saints and giving up just five hits. "I had a lot of swings and misses today," said Jackson, who threw 103 pitches in the outing. "I had a lot of movement on my change-up and my slider and my curveball. It kept them off-balance enough that things tilted in my favour and (catcher) Luis (Alen) called a great game." In the top of the seventh, everything changed, as the Goldeyes turned to their bullpen. Cephas Howard gave up a lead-off single and, after getting the first out, was replaced by closer Kissock. After getting the first batter he faced, Kissock surrendered five consecutive hits, an inherited run and three earned runs. Kaohi Downing came in to get the final out of the inning. Winnipeg brought the winning run to the plate in the bottom of the seventh, but Kuhn flew out to centre field and Mazzola struck out looking to end the game. Kissock took the loss for Winnipeg, while Saints starter Nick Barnese hung around long enough to earn the win. Dan Sattler pitched the ninth inning for his 13th save of the season. In the completion of the June 14 game, the Goldeyes built on 1-0 lead when the game was suspended in the bottom of the third inning to shutout the Saints 4-0. Donnie Webb scored on a fielders choice in the bottom of the third, while Jake Blackwood had an RBI triple and Luis Alen had an RBI single in the bottom of the seventh. Chandler Barnard pitched six scoreless innings to get the win, while Jeff Shields, who only pitched on June 14 and will start one of the games in the doubleheader tomorrow, suffered the loss. The five-game, three-day series continues Wednesday night with a doubleheader. The first of two seven-inning games at Shaw Park will begin at 5:00 p.m. The second game will follow roughly 30 minutes after the first game is completed. Telvin Smith Womens Jersey . The Grizzlies erased most of a 25-point deficit before Durant, the leagues scoring champion, got hot. Ryquell Armstead Womens Jersey .C. -- Colin Kaepernick raced into the end zone, then pretended to rip open his shirt with both hands imitating Cam Newtons Superman touchdown celebration. http://www.officialjacksonvillejaguarspro.com/Marqise-lee-jaguars-jersey/ . You can watch coverage on TSN, TSN2 and CTV beginning today at 3pm et/Noon pt. The championships will feature approximately 250 of Canadas best figure skaters in senior, junior and novice as they vie for spots on the national team, international assignments and will act as the final step in the 2014 Olympic qualification process. Quincy Williams II Youth Jersey .J. -- The New York Jets have promoted Tony Sparano Jr. Taven Bryan Youth Jersey . Stiverne stopped Chris Arreola in the sixth round Saturday night, claiming the WBC heavyweight title belt vacated by Vitali Klitschko. CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The defending National League champions opened the season with a lot of waiting. And a couple of wins, too. The St. Louis Cardinals overcame another long delay and Todd Fraziers two homers on Thursday, holding on to beat the Cincinnati Reds 7-6 and take two of three in their season-opening series. The first pitch was delayed 3 hours, 42 minutes because of rain. Some of the Cardinals spent their down time by studying Cincinnatis pitchers again and getting a little extra work in the indoor batting cages. "Its tough to stay mentally into it," said Matt Adams, who had a single and a pair of doubles. "Thats what we had to do to make sure we could go out there and perform. Were watching video and taking swings in the cage and stretching and making sure were ready to go." Finally on the field, the Cardinals emerged from their two-game hitting slump by knocking Homer Bailey (0-1) out of the game in the fifth inning. Jhonny Peralta homered to get it going. It wasnt perfect -- St. Louis stranded eight runners -- but it was much better. "We had a lot of opportunities that we missed, too," manager Mike Matheny said. "We had a lot of guys in scoring position." St. Louis pulled away with three runs in the seventh, when Matt Hollidays single off the top of the outfield wall was upheld by the only video review of the series, this one initiated by the umpires. Lance Lynn (1-0) gave up Jay Bruces two-run homer and Fraziers solo shot during five innings. Frazier added a three-run homer in the seventh that cut it to 7-6. Trevor Rosenthal got the last four outs for his second save. The series involved nearly as much waiting as playing. There was a 2-hour, 40-minute delay before Wednesdays game, a 1-0 victory by Cincinnati. Along with the delay on Thursday, the teams wound up waiting 6 hours, 22 minutes to play during the two days. As Thursdays delay stretched on, Reds reliever Sam LeCure tweeted: "Uncle." "The whole series was kind of weird with all the rain and stuff," Frazier said. "It really put a damperr on things.dddddddddddd" The starters had a rough time after the delay. Lynn beat the Reds three times last season, but couldnt get a 1-2-3 inning on Thursday. Bruce and Frazier hit back-to-back homers in the first for a 3-0 lead. Even Bailey had a single off Lynn, who gave up eight hits while throwing 107 pitches. Peralta hit a two-run homer in the second off Bailey, and the Cardinals tied it with a breakthrough hit in the fourth. Adams doubled and came around on Jon Jays double, the Cardinals first hit with a runner in scoring position this season. They had been 0 for 17. Jays hit also extended his hitting streak to 15 games, including the end of last season. Hollidays first hit of the season, an RBI double, put the Cardinals up 4-3 in the fifth. Bailey lasted only 4 1-3 innings, giving up seven hits, three walks and four runs. The Cardinals added three in the seventh, when they loaded the bases on a pair of walks and Hollidays single off the top of the wall. The ball went over Billy Hamiltons glove and deflected to Bruce, who caught the ball. The umpires correctly ruled that it a hit off the top of the wall, and a 2-minute, 8-second review initiated by the umps upheld the call. They wanted to make sure the ball hadnt cleared the wall. Allen Craig and Yadier Molina followed with RBI singles as St. Louis pulled ahead 7-3. NOTES: The game ended 7 hours, 23 minutes after it was originally scheduled to start. ... Shelby Miller starts for the Cardinals in Pittsburgh on Friday against Gerrit Cole. Mike Leake goes for the Reds in New York against the Mets Jenrry Mejia. ... Adams dived into the stands trying to catch a foul ball, and pushed a fan who reached up and caught it before he could get it. "I was trying to stop myself from going into the stands," Adams said. "People came up to me and said I shoved him. I didnt even know. Im not that type of guy to go after anybody." ... It was Fraziers fourth career multihomer game. ... Hamilton walked in the eighth inning, reaching base for the first time this season. He is 0 for 12 with six strikeouts. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).