London Marathon.Sundays event saw Callum

in FanArts 23.08.2019 03:24
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

Scottish brothers Callum and Derek Hawkins are among the five-strong Great Britain marathon squad for this summers Rio Olympics. UK Athletics and the British Olympic Association announced the squad on Tuesday, two days on from the Virgin London Marathon.Sundays event saw Callum Hawkins and Tsegai Tewelde - the first and second Britons across the line respectively in the mens marathon, who both ran under the required time for Rio - qualify automatically. Derek Hawkins, the elder of the two siblings, joins them having been selected after he was the third British man to finish on Sunday, also hitting the Olympic standard.Alongside the trio, Alyson Dixon and Sonia Samuels also made it into the squad. Both had already run the qualifying time in Berlin last September, and Dixon sealed her spot as the first Briton home in the womens marathon on Sunday, while Samuels booked her place as the second.It was also announced on Tuesday that 50 kilometre race walker Dominic King had been selected to represent Great Britain in Rio for what will be his second Olympics. Team GB will be represented in this summers Olympic marathon by Tsegai Tewelde, who has only completed the distance once in a competitive race They are the first six members of the athletics squad for Rio, with the rest of the team to be announced in the coming months.Callum Hawkins, 23, who came eighth overall on Sunday, with Tewelde 12th and Derek Hawkins 14th, said: The aim was to finish top two in the London Marathon so I am really happy.Rio was my main goal in the race and I didnt care about the time so Im delighted with my position and securing selection.Dixon said: It feels like a dream come true and hasnt really sunk in. Going to the Olympics is something I have dreamed of for 20 years.The 37-year-old came 13th on Sunday, one place ahead of Samuels.The selected athletes are:Callum Hawkins, 23, Kilbarchan Athletics ClubDerek Hawkins, 26, Leeds City/Kilbarchan Athletics ClubTsegai Tewelde, 26, Shettleston HarriersAlyson Dixon, 37, Sunderland StrollersSonia Samuels, 36, Sale HarriersDominic King (50km Race Walk), 32, Colchester Harriers Also See: Team GB Charles Woodson Raiders Jersey . On Wednesday night, they showed that stellar defence and a little small ball can get the job done too. With pinch-runner Kevin Pillar aboard after Dioner Navarro opened the bottom of the ninth with a single, Anthony Gose dropped down an excellent bunt along the first-base line. Marcus Allen Raiders Jersey . JOHNS, N. http://www.footballraidersmall.com/Youth-Willie-Brown-Elite-Jersey/ . - No matter the lineup or location, the San Antonio Spurs are rolling through the NBA again this spring, just the way they have for most of the last two decades. Art Shell Raiders Jersey .com) - Blake Griffin led five Clippers in double figures with 24 points and the LA Clippers got back on track with a 101-97 win over the Utah Jazz. Otis Sistrunk Womens Jersey . I suppose Sternberg has earned the right to speak out since his Rays, despite one of the lowest payrolls in the Majors at $58 million, are entering the final weekend of the regular season holding down the first Wild Card spot in the American League, one game ahead of Cleveland and two up on Texas.NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony is unlikely to play Tuesday night in Brooklyn and could be done for the season, meaning he has potentially played his last game with the New York Knicks. Anthony was getting his sore right shoulder evaluated Tuesday morning and coach Mike Woodson says the Knicks leading scorer "probably wont" play against the Nets. The Knicks end their season at home Wednesday against Toronto. Wooodson says his preference is to shut Anthony down unless Anthony asks to play, and even then Woodson says that "Im going to tell him Im not going to play him.dddddddddddd Thats what Im going to do." Anthony is missing the playoffs for the first time in his 11-year career. He has said he plans to become a free agent in July. Woodson also will decide before the game if Amare Stoudemire will play. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).