TORONTO -- Drew Hutchison has had his struggles at home this season. [url=http://www.baseballpadresofficial.com/cory-spangenberg

in Regeln und Informationen 18.05.2018 08:29
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Drew Hutchison has had his struggles at home this season. Cory Spangenberg Jersey . But the Toronto Blue Jays right-hander has had success in his short career against the Baltimore Orioles. Hutchison put his Rogers Centre problems behind him at least for one brilliant night and continued his domination of the Orioles on Wednesday, allowing only one Chris Davis home run and one walk over 8 2/3 innings while striking out eight. With Jose Bautista providing a two-run homer and an RBI double among his three hits, the Blue Jays snapped a four-game losing streak with a 5-1 victory over the Orioles. "Perfect timing, we were struggling a little bit," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "We needed that. He was good. He has pitched good ball games for us this year, but perfect timing for us tonight." Hutchison was removed for closer Casey Janssen after he walked Nick Markakis with two out in the ninth. Janssen retired Manny Machado on a foul to first to end the game. "Its a great start but its a little frustrating to walk the last guy, you dont want to be too picky," Hutchison said. The second-place Blue Jays (61-54) moved to within four games of the first-place Orioles (64-49) in the American League East and ended Baltimores three-game winning streak. The teams play the rubber match of the three-game series on Thursday. Hutchison entered the game with a poor record at Rogers Centre this season, 2-5 with a 7.71 earned-run average over his eight starts there before Wednesday. He is 5-4 with a 3.27 ERA in 14 starts on the road this season. Hutchison improved his record to 3-0 in six career starts against the Orioles, including a 2-0 record in four starts against them this season. "I approach it the same as I always do whether its on the road or here at home and whoever Im facing," Hutchison said. "You approach them all the same. Ive just had good success against them." Added Bautista: "I dont think its any surprise. Hes certainly capable of doing what he did tonight on a consistent basis. Its just going out and executing like he did today. He had a great tempo today, he kept throwing strikes and kept people off-balance. Obviously the results speak for themselves. "I was hoping he would be able to finish it off and get the complete game but maybe thats something to shoot for in the next start for him." Orioles left-hander Wei-Yin Chen (12-4) failed in his attempt at his sixth consecutive winning start when he allowed eight hits -- including Bautistas homer -- and four runs in five innings. Melky Cabrera also had three hits for the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays scored twice in the first inning. Cabrera singled with one out, Nolan Reimold singled with two out and Dioner Navarro and Danny Valencia hit RBI singles. Davis sliced the lead in half with his 19th homer of the season in the top of the second. "He moves the ball around, hes got movement on all of his pitches and he threw all of his pitches in any count tonight," Davis said of Hutchison. "After he gave up the home run he really buckled down. We just couldnt square anything up. A lot of pop ups, a lot of ground balls. He was mixing all of his pitches in any count, throwing a lot of strikes and keeping us off balance. "His change-up was good tonight, very deceptive. It looks just like his fastball coming out of his hand. When youre throwing 93-94 and youve got a good change-up to complement that, its tough to hit." Bautista followed Cabreras two-out double in the bottom of the second with his 22nd homer of the season to bump Torontos lead to 4-1. "I pitched it where I wanted to but he still hit it." Chen said through a translator. "Hes a great hitter. I wasnt able to control the game in the first two innings, thats what I failed to do. I was kind of upset about it." Bautistas two-out double in the sixth against left-hander T.J. McFarland gave the Blue Jays a 5-1 lead. It followed a single by Munenori Kawasaki, a sacrifice by Ryan Goins and a single by Cabrera. Hutchison said he made a minor adjustment in his bullpen session between starts. "Just a little tiny one," he said. "I was really hoping to get on top off the ball and stay through it and me and Navarro were on the same page pretty much every pitch tonight. We were just able to execute a lot of good pitches." His fastball command made his slider effective and he felt that his change-up was good. "I had every chance to finish it, but unfortunately I walked Markakis," he said. Notes: Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie (tight lower back) did not start on Wednesday. He returned from a broken finger on Tuesday and left after three innings when his back tightened. Manager John Gibbons said before the game that Lawrie was feeling better but that the club was awaiting the results of an MRI. à DH Adam Lind (right foot fracture) will begin his rehabilitation assignment in the Gulf Coast League on Thursday. à LHP J.A. Happ (8-5, 4.34 earned-run average) will start the series finale on Thursday against Orioles RHP Miguel Gonzalez (5-6, 3.93 ERA). àAnnounced attendance at Rogers Centre was 33,054. Ozzie Smith Jersey . The third-seeded Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., was coming off a semifinal appearance at the French Open. She took the opening set before the unseeded American came back for the 2-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory. Dave Winfield Jersey .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. http://www.baseballpadresofficial.com/johnny-manziel-jersey-c-14/ . No pretty goals on this night, just get to the front of the net and fight for a chance.Every night of the Stanley Cup playoffs, TSN hockey analyst and former NHL goaltender Jamie McLennan breaks down each goalies performance. Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins (5) – He was locked in all night, made huge stops on Benoit Pouliot, Raphael Diaz, Ryan Mcdonagh, Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash (twice) but none better than the three saves on Mats Zuccarello. Battled some rebounds around the net, but made up for it with great positioning and efficiency in the net. Got a little help with three posts but like any streak, you get the bounces that go your way. He looked very calm and not overactive in his movements. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (3) - No run support or help most of the night. The Sidney Crosby goal was a great hesitation - roll of wrist move that got him to open up and he slid it through the five- hole, - not Henriks besst work. Yangervis Solarte Jersey. Has faced five breakaways in the last two games, the Rangers are giving up too many high quality chances to the Pens. Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles Kings (5) - Unbelievable early on, big saves on the PK on Saku Koivu, Devante Smith-Pelly, Ryan Getzlaf and Patrick Maroon. Showed his agility again by his explosive movement in the second period on Perry, held it up in the 3rd, with good down low work again on Perry. Looks unbeatable some nights, and Anaheim tried to get to him with traffic, he fought through it all night. Jonas Hiller, Anaheim Ducks (3) - Beat glove side on the first two goals, one early on Marian Gaborik, and the Alec Martinez goal hits Jakob Silfverberg, but he moves out of the way of it. Good saves on Anze Kopitar, Gaborik,Mike Richards and Tanner Pearson. Not tested much in the third. Not the problem but has not been the solution for the Ducks as well. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).