Giants go linebacker in Round 1 for first time since

in Regeln und Informationen 19.08.2019 08:02
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

In this scenario Janoris Jenkins Color Rush Jersey , 1984"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17New York Giants NewsGiants Free Agency 2019Mock Draft: Devin White choice for Giants at No. 6 in SBN blogger’s mockNew,224commentsIn this scenario, Giants go linebacker in Round 1 for first time since 1984EDTShareTweetShareShareMock Draft: Devin White choice for Giants at No. 6 in SBN blogger’s mockDevin White at the Combine.Thomas J. Russo-USA TODAY SportsSB Nation is in the midst of its annual Bloggers Mock Draft, and with the No. 6 overall pick I chose to give the New York Giants LSU linebacker Devin White.The first five picks went like this:Arizona Cardinals — Kyler Murray, QB, OklahomaSan Francisco 49ers — Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio StateNew York Jets — Josh Allen, Edge, KentuckyOakland Raiders — Quinnen Williams, DL, AlabamaTampa Bay Buccaneers — Ed Oliver, DL, HoustonFollow all the picks here.Here is how I explained the pick and the reaction to it by SB Nation draft analyst Dan Kadar:A little more explanationEdge Riley Dixon Color Rush Jersey , edge, edge, edge, edge. I know. The entire NFL draft community, the media, the fanbase — everyone — expects the Giants to take an edge defender if they don’t take a quarterback. Unless the signals coming out of East Rutherford are a massive, and wildly effective, smokescreen it is a virtual lock the pick at No. 6 will not be Haskins. It’s almost as much of a certainty that it won’t be Drew Lock.I wholeheartedly believe GM Dave Gettleman dreams of scenarios where Quinnen Williams falls to the Giants here. If that doesn’t happen someone from the Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, Rashan Gary group of edge guys might — in most cases — be the likely choice. Quite honestly, I don’t believe White is getting past the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at No. 5. He did here, and my contention is that regardless of position he was the best defensive player on the board. Since you can argue, and I have argued, that the Giants can use upgrades at every spot along their defense, I wasn’t about to pass the guy I felt was the best defensive player remaining.Devin White profileUmm Mario Edwards Jr Color Rush Jersey , no, it wasn’t an accident that the Devin White prospect profile posted at Big Blue View earlier today. Sometimes we actually do have a plan.Knowing I was selecting White in the mock, Chris offered an expanded — and mixed —analysis. Here is part of it:Chris and Dan reactChris Pflum and Dan Pizzuta offer their reactions to the selection via the Big Blue View Radio podcast.The fellas, to be honest, aren’t so sure about Ed’s judgment here. Chris made the case for Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins, and also said he would have gone with one of the edge rushers, either Brian Burns or Montez Sweat, if the pick was not a quarterback. Dan also seemed to favor Burns and Sweat. Nick Foles likely leaves Philadelphia in the offseason. His destination already has drawn much speculation.The Giants, who have not committed to Eli Manning for 2019, are one team that has been mentioned. That would rank as the least desirable option for Foles’ Eagles teammates.“I would hate to see him with the Giants just because I hate playing my friends, and if I end up back in Philly I’d have to play him twice a year,” Eagles defensive lineman Chris Long told Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com. “But I think whoever gets him is going to be very lucky. He’s a leader. He’s a franchise-type quarterback. The tough thing is we have another franchise quarterback, a guy who is homegrown and is going to be a great player for a long time to come.”Foles has a mutual option between he and the Eagles that would pay him $20 million in his final year.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).