Falcons vs. Saints: Takeaways and irrational reac

in Regeln und Informationen 09.08.2019 02:56
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

tions to the loss DWAhem.Alcohol Stitched Duke Riley Jersey , my only friend.Alcohol, there to the end. My family, my friends, they’ve left me again.Alcohol, alcohol, my only friend.Dave ChoateInjuries may very well cost the Falcons this season, but we’re not dead yet. I still believe the Falcons are talented enough to make the best of the rough hand they’ve been dealt, injury-wise, through the first three weeks of the season. It’s just getting harder and harder every week to thread that needle, what with the increasing number of ailments and the defense’s alarming decline minus their best players. What is clear is that the Falcons are going to have to lean heavily on their offense the rest of the way, and they’re going to need something mighty and heroic and heretofore unseen from what’s left of the defense to make it work. But they’re not dead yet. Kendall JacksonPLEASEStop pissing away Matt Ryan’s awesome performances.Cory Woodroof Atlanta will have to, once more, rely on high-power offense to win games. It’s almost kind of comical to think that, after 2017, Atlanta would once again have to resort to the good-old days of explosive offensive performances to win ball games because of a lagging defense. This time, it’s of no fault of the organization Youth Duke Riley Jersey , of course. Injuries have ravaged a once-promising unit, and only a Hail Mary trade for FS Earl Thomas, the addition of a stalwart pass rusher via trade and the swift return of Deion Jones will stabilize the on-field output. You’re not even guaranteed one of those right now. If the offense ever falters, this team does not have the personnel to take down the league’s best teams. Even on a day where they score 37 points, the defense still let a loss slip through its fingers. It’s fair to be pessimistic for this team’s postseason outlook. Quite frankly, it might be wise. But stranger things have happened, and Atlanta is still, believe it or not, in a position to contend for a playoff spot if this offense keeps playing like this and if the defense can rally just enough to be mediocre. The schedule gets a bit easier after Pittsburg, too. Though, no game in the NFL is a given, nor is a season. 2018 has been unexpected in a myriad of ways. One wonders what other surprises await for the year.Carter Breazeale The offense will have to bail out the defense -- constantly. To echo Cory, this season now falls squarely onto the shoulders of the offense. I was optimistic that with the talented personnel that the Falcons possessed, the defense could blossom into a top-five unit in the league. Injuries have laid waste to that prediction, and the best we can aim for is a defensive unit that keeps games within reach. Matt Ryan and Steve Sarkisian seem to have finally developed a cohesion on offense, and there’s no better timing because if the Falcons want to remain competitive they’re going to have to score loads of points. TorgoYou can’t win if you can’t even walk.The 2016 team lost quite a few players to injury over the course of the season. But this team already has four starters - including two of last year’s Pro Bowlers - on injured reserve. I really do think the approach to preseason was a factor Stitched Ito Smith Jersey , in that the players didn’t have enough actual game reps to ramp up to full game endurance by the opener against the Eagles.As for this game, I first got the sinking feeling very early, when the Falcons threw a bomb and the officials missed an easy interference call. And when Will Lutz hit the upright but still got the three points, that told me that somehow, some way, this would not be our day.So the Falcons are now 1-1 in the critical division games. It’s not over yet, as the offense is looking better every week. Also, every team plays four games against division winners from the prior season, and we already have two of those games out of the way. The defense needs to find some answers, but at least we have a pretty good defensive coaching staff in place to make that happen.So the season is far from over, but the team can’t withstand many more injuries on defense. "Good Morning Football" conducted a series of Twitter polls to find out who the consensus best WR in football is." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteThe Falcoholican Atlanta Falcons communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsLibraryFalconsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Library FalcFans Podcast on The FalcoholicContact The FalcoholicFalcons StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Falcons NewsYahoo Falcons Team PageYahoo Falcons ReportYahoo Falcons Depth ChartYahoo Falcons TransactionsYahoo Falcons PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Twitter votes Julio Jones as the best wide receiver in footballNew,88comments“Good Morning Football” conducted a series of Twitter polls to find out who the consensus best WR in football is.EDTShareTweetShareShareTwitter votes Julio Jones as the best wide receiver in footballPhoto by Mitchell Leff/Getty ImagesWe’re in the middle of the offseason, and now is the perfect time to debate who the best players in football really are, in an attempt to pass the time until September.NFL Network’s standout show “Good Morning Football” has the right idea when it comes to this — they’re polling Twitter to find out whom the people think are the best players at each position. Last week, wide receivers were at the center of that debate, and Atlanta’s Julio Jones was proclaimed to be the best WR in football (according to Twitter).I’ve got to hand it to GMFB — this was a pretty exciting week in the Twitter polls. Round 1 started out with a bang Youth Ito Smith Jersey , as Julio Jones and New Orleans’ Michael Thomas were grouped together in an initial faction of four.Whether this truly was randomly generated or there was some rigging done to group Jones and Thomas into the same initial group I don’t know, but it worked out beautifully for GMFB. Falcons and Saints fans got into it, and this specific poll tallied more votes than the other three polls, and it had nearly twice as many comments on it as the other three polls combined.Saints fans did all they could to steal a win for Thomas, who got out to a big early lead. But just like in the Saints’ NFC Championship Game against the Rams, that lead ended up evaporating when Falcons Twitter realized what was going on. Jones won the popular vote in terms of sheer numbers, but GMFB called it a tie to avoid angering Saints fans, who probably would have tried to sue NFL Network if they didn’t get their way. Either way, the top two players in each poll move on in the next round so it was a moot point.In the quarterfinals, Julio Jones went up against the second best wide receiver in the NFC South — Tampa Bay’s Mike Evans — and handily dispatched him with 85% of the vote.Saints Twitter was out in full force trying to will the inferior Thomas into a conversation with the big boys at the position. Theysuccessfully got him into the semi-final, which was a rematch against Jones.Saints fans tried to bring out everything including the kitchen sink in this one — citing the one touchdown Thomas had more than Julio in 2018, trying to compare Thomas’ stats in his first three years in the league against Jones’ while conveniently leaving out the fact that No. 11 missed most of his third year due to injury, and of course posting that gif of Thomas flexing after one of his trademarked 6-yard receptions on an out route.It didn’t work out:Twitter put a stop to the tomfoolery, although I’m sure Saints fans wanted GMFB to re-do the entire competition. If you’re looking at 2018 in a vacuum, you’ll see that Julio Jones beat Michael Thomas out in every major receiving category except for receptions (meaningless statistic), catch percentage (meaningless statistic) Stitched Deadrin Senat Jersey , and touchdowns (of which he had one fewer). Jones had 272 more receiving yards (he led the league with 1,677 such yards), and was the most clutch fourth quarter receiver in football.If you look at the comparison outside of the vacuum of 2018, then Jones has an even stronger argument against Thomas. He’s put up more receiving yards than Thomas’ career high in each of the past five seasons, and has also never tallied less than 60 receiving yards in a playoff game. Julio took over In each of his two career NFC Championship games — totaling a combined 362 receiving yards and four touchdowns in the contests. In the NFC title game this year, Thomas had four catches for 36 yards, and his biggest contribution was flailing his arms and taking himself out of the play as Drew Brees threw an interception in overtime.In the finals, Jones faced a worthy opponent in DeAndre Hopkins — the first truly elite wide receiver he went up against in this competition. After a 50/50 tie in the initial poll, GMFB ran it back over the weekend and Julio secured the win:The polls have spoken — Julio Jones is the best wide receiver in football. Of course, most Falcons fans knew this already, but it’s always nice seeing one of our own get the recognition he deserves.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).