The Vikings picked Garrett Bradbury #1

in Residenz des Hokage 06.08.2019 05:01
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

8 overall John Randle Jersey , which was widely expected according to many recent mock drafts.I didn’t expect Bradbury to be the pick, given that the Vikings had not met with..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteDaily Norsemana Minnesota Vikings communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryVikingsOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsFiled under:Minnesota Vikings 2019 NFL DraftSnap Judgments of the Garrett Bradbury PickNew,307commentsCDTShareTweetShareShareSnap Judgments of the Garrett Bradbury PickChristopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsThe Vikings picked Garrett Bradbury #18 overall, which was widely expected according to many recent mock drafts.I didn’t expect Bradbury to be the pick, given that the Vikings had not met with him in the pre-draft process and at the owners meeting last month said they were more or less happy with Elflein at center.Perhaps this is Spielman learning from last year, when the Vikings were said to be high on Frank Ragnow, only to have him drafted ahead of the Vikings.This year it wasn’t so apparent in the pre-draft process, even if most mock drafters saw past it.In any case, I’m going to go it on a limb, despite the Vikings being coy on what position he’ll play, and say he is the new starting center for the Minnesota Vikings.What they do with Pat Elflein is anybody’s guess, but we’ll talk about that another time.The Vikings had a few offensive linemen to choose from when they were on the clock at #18, and had offers to trade down according to Rick Spielman, but turned them down.Spielman said Bradbury was, “far and away” the prospect they had highest on their board as the draft unfolded Alan Page Jersey , and there is reason to believe that at face value, even though that’s what most GMs say after their pick.Clearly the Vikings had a need in the offensive line position group, and after free agency moves center and left guard were the two weakest positions.Bradbury was not only seen as a/the top center in the draft class, but also clearly the best zone blocking offensive lineman in this draft class.Some would say in the past few draft classes.Given those parameters, it makes sense Bradbury would rise to the top of the Vikings draft board.One can argue that Bradbury wasn’t the best value at #18, but with Chris Lindstrom going well ahead of expectations at #14, he may not have been available much longer either.Certainly not at #50, the Vikings next pick.So, rather than trade down and see what happens, Spielman elected to stand pat and go with Bradbury at #18.And so far snap judgments of the Vikings pick have been very good.Sports Illustrated gave the Vikings the only A+ grade of the entire first round:Clearly scheme fit could not have been better, and as a/the top prospect at a position of need, pretty good pick.Over at cbssports.com, Pete Prisco gave it a B+:Not much insight, but still a pretty good grade.He graded nine picks better.Over at Pro Football Focus (PFF), pretty decent review:The biggest negative here is the value at #18 Randy Moss Jersey , which I discussed, rather than the pick himself.And at SBnation, Dan Kadar gave the Vikings pick a B+ as well:Grade: B+Again not terribly insightful- these are quick blurbs after all - but generally positive if not glowing.He graded ten picks higher.At ESPN, Courtney Cronin had this to say:I’m not sure there’s much question, really, what position Bradbury will play.Elflein hasn’t played well at center and it remains to be seen if he’s better at guard. Over at The Draft Network, they had this to say:They went on to call the Vikings’ pick of Bradbury one of the five best in the first round.Starting to get repetitive, but understandably so.Bradbury is the best zone blocking lineman in this year's draft, and that’s what the Vikings are going to do.Walt over at Walter football gave the pick a B+ as well:The one thing I remain skeptical about in several comments is Elflein at guard.I’d like to see competition there too.And a quality draft pick tomorrow and/or Saturday.And if it’s between Reiff and Elflein at left guard, I don’t see Elflein winning that competition.Chad Reuter at nfl.com gave the Vikings an “A’ for Day One of the draft:Overall pretty universal praise for the Vikings first pick of the 2019 Draft. Beware the ides of Mar....May." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteDaily Norsemana Minnesota Vikings communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsLibraryVikingsOddsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsFiled under:Open ThreadsMinnesota Vikings News and Links: May 15, 2019New,635commentsBeware the ides of Mar....May.CDTShareTweetShareShareMinnesota Vikings News and Links: May 15, 2019Photo by Aubrey Hart/Evening Standard/Getty ImagesMerry Wednesday, everyone!Hey, cheer up Cris Carter Jersey , we’re already half-way to the weekend. In case anyone was concerned, I did manage to buy Mrs. Fishin’ an anniversary gift yesterday. I even bought it early, I think it was around 1:00, so I had nearly 4 hours to spare. I know it isn’t necessary to shop early, but sometimes it’s nice to get a ‘to-do’ out of the way, have it off your plate, & forget about it. I might try shopping early next year again, it was refreshing.Around the DN since our last open thread:Our friends at Addicted to Quack (awesome name for a site, I love it!) have a scouting report on Vikings WR Dillon Mitchell.The team inked Garrett Bradbury to his rookie deal, per Chris.Who will it be? Jonahbreaks down the battle for the Vikings QB2 spot.The team got some of that red ink to turn to black, thanks to a restructuring of Eric Kendricks’ contract.Wludford gives you an in-depth analysis of Olisaemaka (Oli) Udoh. No, I didn’t sneeze, that’s the guy’s name. He was drafted by the Vikings in the 6th round.Other Vikings/NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:Josh Rosen is still waiting for a call from the Cardinals’ GM Chris Doleman Jersey , per NFL.com. He was traded shortly after the Cards drafted Kyler Murray. The GM must have just sent him a John Deere letter.ESPN has a list of each team’s odds of winning their division, getting into the playoffs, and winning the Super Bowl. Also from ESPN,Seahawks DE Dion Jordan has been suspended for 10 games for using Adderall. We come to today’s media selection:On the very slim chance that someone didn’t get the reference above.Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:No discussion of politics or religionNo feeding of the trollsThis isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the doorKeep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tagsNo pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employerIf you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go awayWhile navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasmWith that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the camel. It’s a filter less.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).