BOSTON -- After one of the best programs of a career that already includes three national titles, Jeremy Abbott nearly did a pra

in Regeln und Informationen 21.04.2018 07:19
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

BOSTON -- After one of the best programs of a career that already includes three national titles, Jeremy Abbott nearly did a pratfall. Rex Burkhead Jersey . He would have been entitled following a spotless performance highlighted by three picture-perfect jumps, smooth spins and almost celebratory footwork in a short program victory Friday night at the U.S. Championships. Coming out of his final move, his excitement overtook him and Abbott lost his balance. And when he saw his U.S. record points total, 99.86, a look of amazement dominated the 28-year-old veterans face. "I went through all my history here," Abbott said. "I tried to live all of it but stay in the moment and just enjoy what I was doing, each crossover, each step. I really did that. This is a night Im never going to forget." Abbott has built a reputation as a strong domestic skater, winning nationals in 2009, 2010 and 2012. Yes, he was the top dog from the United States heading into the Vancouver Games, where countryman Evan Lysacek won gold while Abbott finished ninth. That was one of many disappointments on the international stage for Abbott, including an eighth and two 11th-place showings at worlds. He failed to make the U.S. team for worlds last year. With another routine like his short program here, though, hell be Americas No. 1 contender at the Sochi Olympics. "I have a toe maybe over the threshold of the jetway," Abbott said. Hes competing at his final national championships. "I wanted to take in all the energy and all the excitement and just really live in it, because its never happening again," Abbott said. Abbott held the previous U.S. mark for a short program, 90.23 at the 2012 nationals. He shattered that, building a lead of 7.82 points over Richard Dornbush. Jason Brown was third heading into Sundays free skate. Dornbush, 22, has struggled since coming in second at 2011 nationals and didnt even compete in the Grand Prix series this season. But he was spectacular from the get-go Friday night, landing a perfect quad and triple axel that had the fans entranced. By the time his 2 1/2-minute program was done, the crowd was on its feet, Dornbush was on his knees throwing an imaginary punch through the air and celebrating a career best. "Im not sure any thoughts went through my head," he said. "I was pretty excited, pretty pumped." And he was only the second skater of the night. "I always seem to be early, so maybe I was in my comfort zone," he said. So was Brown in a smokin skate to Princes "The Question of U" -- he even wore a black and purple costume embellished with rhinestones around his neck, and down his back and side, plus Princes "love symbol" on the back. He nailed a triple axel and a triple flip-triple toe loop with gorgeous flow to open the program. He added a lutz with both hands above his head, footwork that meshed with every element and with every nuance of the music, and speedy spins that had the crowd roaring. "Everyone has such a good chance to make the team," said Brown, who just turned 19. "It really pushes all of us to work as hard as you can." Defending champion Max Aaron was fourth, one of five skaters to land a clean quad. "Im looking forward to everyone skating well," Aaron said of the free skate, which he won in 2013. "I want to send the best men, and thats what Im here for." Earlier, Meryl Davis and Charlie White danced within range of their sixth straight U.S. title by romping in the short dance. Indeed, the current world champions and 2010 Olympic silver medallists could have danced all night and never been caught. Skating to selections from "My Fair Lady," Davis and White broke their own record with 80.69 points to build more than a seven-point lead on Madison Chock and Evan Bates. Siblings Maia and Alex Shibutani were third; three teams will go to Sochi. "This is the first time we felt comfortable enough to let things happen naturally," Davis said. "This is the fifth time were competing the program. With this program, its all about being comfortable enough to let things happen naturally, and when you reach a point where it can be just fun, thats what we really enjoy about skating." Coach Marina Zoueva had wanted them to skate to this music for several years. "As we have grown with the program, we fell in love with the program and what it means ... that exuberant joy," Davis said. Chock and Bates posted a career-high 73.41. Chock fell in practice Wednesday, crashing hard into the boards, but said she was fine other than a little soreness in her shoulders. She even joked that the boards took the biggest hit. The free dance is Saturday. Patrick Chung Jersey . The Redblacks host the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (7-9) Friday night in their last home game of the year and as of Thursday afternoon, the team was anticipating a ninth consecutive sellout. You can watch all the action on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5 beginning at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. Donald Trump Jersey . The punch happened in the fourth quarter of Milwaukees 116-102 loss to the Kings on Wednesday when the two players became entangled while battling for rebounding position. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/Elite-Kyle-Van-Noy-Patriots-Jersey/ . He made the comment at a media availability Saturday prior to Game 2 of the Boston-Montreal playoff series when a Quebec reporter said there is sentiment in Quebec that the NHL looks more favourably on Seattle than Quebec City when it comes to future expansion.STANFORD, Calif. - Venus Williams feels like the hometown girl when she plays at Stanford even though she grew up in Southern California and currently resides in Florida. She has enjoyed a lot of success here, made her professional debut at the event, and the crowd was clearly supporting her. "Its nice to have that support," Williams said after advancing to the Bank of the West quarterfinals Thursday night, beating fourth-seeded Victoria Azarenka 6-4, 7-6 (1). "It was good to hear the oohs and aahs for both of us," the unseeded Williams said. "I dont want to let anybody down. This year has been a lot more relaxing than Southern California." Williams and Azarenka, both former world No. 1s, are working their way back to high level tennis following injuries and illness. Williams, who is 4-0 against the Belarusian, appears slightly ahead in her development. "Its always great to get a win against a player like Victoria, who is a champion," Williams said. "We played a high level and it got better as the match went on." After the 10th-ranked Azarenka, who celebrated her 25th birthday, saved three match points to tie it 6-6, Williams won the first five points in the tiebreaker. "The tiebreaker felt great," Williams said. "It brought out my best tennis. I needed the challenge." Azarenkas second serve was the biggest difference between the hard-hitting players. She won just 32 per cent of her second serves, handing Williams a significant advantage. "We both had good points," Azarenka said. "Venus was a little better on her execution on important points. I have to be realistic and look at the things that have to be done. Its not easy being patient but if I wanted easy, Id go sit on a couch." Despite losing, Azarenka was glad to be playying tennis on her birthday. David Andrews Jersey. "Losing is never satisfying," she said. "But I left the best part of my day on the court. I was able to do something I love on my birthday." Williams, who reached her third quarterfinal of the season, will face eighth-seeded Andrea Petkovic on Friday. Williams, in her 12th career appearance at Stanford, reached her 10th quarterfinal. She has won twice and finished second five times. Azarenka won the event in 2010 and has been eliminated in the second round in her last two appearances. "I was moving well and it was a good start," Azarenka said. "I know there is work to be done and that is what I want to do." Fifth-seeded Ana Ivanovic also advanced, beating qualifier Carol Zhao 6-1, 6-1. The 11th-ranked Serb, looking for her fourth title of the year, will face top-ranked Serena Williams on Friday. "It will be a tough challenge but a good test to see where I need to work," Ivanovic said. "Its a different part of the season and a different kind of tournament." Ivanovic will move into the top 10 next week for the first time in five years. "I cant think too much about the future," Ivanovic said. "I am looking to turn it around at the U.S. Open. After the match today I went back out on the court to get the rhythm back on my serve. Thats what I need to be doing." Zhao, a sophomore All-America at Stanford, appeared in her second WTA Tour event and gained her first career win at the level Tuesday when Yanina Wickmeyer retired because of a viral infection. Ivanovic, a former No. 1, had three aces and won 75 per cent of her first-serve points. In other matches, third-seeded Angelique Kerber beat Coco Vandeweghe, 7-6 (4), 0-6, 6-2, and Garbine Muguruza topped Daniela Hantuchova, 6-4, 6-4. China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).