MEMPHIS - Rookie Dwight Buycks sat in the corner of the visitors locker room, headphones on one ear. [url=http://www.rangershock

in Regeln und Informationen 21.04.2018 07:13
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

MEMPHIS - Rookie Dwight Buycks sat in the corner of the visitors locker room, headphones on one ear. Glenn Anderson Jersey . D.J. Augustin occupied the locker to his right, Julyan Stone directly to his left as the three point guards shared a laugh 60 minutes prior to tip-off in Memphis. Off the court theyre good friends. On it theyve been competing for the same job since the start of training camp. Its been the Raptors most problematic position early in the season but, at least for now, they have filled the vacancy behind starter Kyle Lowry at the point. Buycks, seemingly an unlikely choice, has emerged from that trio of under-performing guards to earn a spot in Dwane Caseys rotation. Now, its his job to lose. "Hes gained some ground," Casey told TSN.ca before his teams surprising victory over the Grizzlies Wednesday. "I thought he played with a lot of confidence against Houston the other night, he played with a lot of confidence against Utah. Hes kind of stepped forward in that situation and [emerged]." For the third straight game, Buycks was the first Raptors point guard off the bench in Memphis. He missed his only field goal attempt but converted all four of his free throws in just under 12 minutes of action. Augustin checked in with a minute left and the victory all but sealed while Stone was a healthy scratch for Caseys club. "Theres definitely [an] opportunity, for sure," Buycks recognized. "[Casey has] been saying that for a while now. Weve been competing and making it tough for him." "Youve just got to stay ready and make the most of it. Most of all just go out there and have fun but at the same time its a job, its a business so youve got to take it serious." He hasnt been spectacular - far from it, averaging just 3.4 points and 0.4 assists on 36 per cent shooting in five games - but hes been solid, precisely what Casey has been looking for from the leader of his second unit. When hes come into the game hes been aggressive and has made good decisions more often than not. Most importantly there hasnt been a noticeable drop off when Lowry goes to the bench, an ongoing concern when the incumbent Augustin would check in. Five games into his NBA career, Buycks has earned Caseys trust. An undrafted rookie, Buycks was once considered the dark horse of this trio. Stone - who was kept on after a strong showing in camp - endeared himself to Casey with his versatility and defensive wherewithal while Augustin was given first crack at the job on account of his experience as a starter in the league. Their skill sets differ and the sample size with Buycks is small, which suggests the rookie may be tied to short leash. As long as Caseys options at the position remain modest, at best, the competition will be ongoing even if Buycks continues to front the platoon. "Its tough but at the end of the day were teammates," said the 24-year-old. "Were all going to give it our all; were pros, so youve definitely got to bring it. Thats what makes it tough but thats what makes us love our job more." Buycks is an unconventional NBA rookie, having spent last season playing professionally in France where he was awarded league MVP. Still, hes a first-year player and his teammates wont let him forget it. "Its a rookie duty, a little gift from [Lowry]," Buycks said of the small bumblebee backpack thats been accompanying him on road trips this season. "Its not too bad. At the end of the day its all fun and games." "It wasnt a problem for me. I was laughing and smiling right with them when I found out I had it. So [Im] just going along with the flow." It could be worse, he pointed out. The teams three sophomores - Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross and Quincy Acy - all had to carry around pink bags along with a doll, Dora the Explorer or Bart Simpson. The bumblebee is slightly less conspicuous. The advice he received from those three; "Just dont forget youre book bag. Bring it everywhere you go, dont forget it and youll be alright." J.T. Miller Jersey . According to various reports, the striker is about to sign a five-and-a-half year extension with Manchester United worth a reported 300,000 pounds a week that would see him at Old Trafford until 2019. Joe Kocur Jersey . The San Angelo, Texas product, who was a high school and college quarterback sensation in the Lone Star State, will start his first CFL game with the Saskatchewan Roughriders (9-4) on Friday at Mosaic Stadium against the leagues top team, the Calgary Stampeders (11-2). http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/oscar-lindberg-hockey-jersey/ . "Last year we were in a ton of situations, late-game situations we couldnt pull out. Wed kind of fold under the pressure, get frustrated or let a big shot frustrate us," guard DeMar DeRozan said.LIENZ, Austria -- Lindsey Vonns head coach says no date has been set for the injured skiers return to the World Cup, and that she might not compete at all before the Sochi Olympics in February. Vonn flew back to Vail, Colo., last week after hurting her surgically repaired right knee at a downhill race in France. "Her knee was swollen again after Val dIsere," U.S. womens head coach Alex Hoedlmoser told The Associated Press. "She is working with the guys from (her own team) Red Bull and the medical staff to get that under control." Hoedlmoser added that "there is no decision yet if, or where she is going to race ahead of the Olympics." Vonn needed surgery in February to reconstruct two knee ligaments after a crash in super-G at the world championships, and then partially re-tore one of them in November. Vonn returned to the World Cup in Lake Louise, Alberta, in the first week of December and finished 40th and 11th in two downhills before placing fifth in super-G the next day. After the next setback in Val dIsere, Vonn said she would compete in "one maybe two races before the Olympics." "Im going to play it safe and race minimal races, so I can get the confidence and the timing and the feeling of racing again," Vonn said last weekend. "Im really going to be safe and smart as I can." Vonn hopes to defend her Olympic downhill title on Feb. 12. The womens super-G in Sochi is three days later. "Lindsey prefers tto work quietly on her comeback," Hoedlmoser said. Steven Kampfer Jersey. "We are in contact regularly but I am too far away to judge the situation so I leave it to her and her team now." The next World Cup speed races are Jan. 9-12 in Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, where Vonn won a super-combined event in 2009. Hoedlmoser said he cant predict whether Vonn might start in the Austrian resort. "She has indicated she might consider racing Cortina (on Jan. 16-19) but its too early to say that shes going to," Hoedlmoser said. "Maybe she wont race at all if she feels she can do without another race in her preparation for Sochi. I think shes handling it well and shes determined to race in Sochi." According to American teammate Mikaela Shiffrin, Vonn has been "trying to stay quiet" since leaving the World Cup circuit last week. Shiffrin was convinced that Vonn was doing everything possible to make it to Sochi. "She is a tough girl, competing with a knee that just has a mind of its own right now," Shiffrin said. "I think theyll figure something out so she can be at her best." Shiffrin expected Vonn "to do a few races and to really save up so she can try to perform and represent the U.S. in the Olympics." "I think thats still her goal," Shiffrin said. "Theyve been working on helmet designs ... it looks like her helmets are sweet and I am sure shes fired up to still try to race the Olympics." China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).