ent with him.Just not quite enough for a Cleveland vic

in FanArts 24.07.2019 03:52
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

PHOENIX - LeBron James rejoined the Cavaliers and brought a lot of excitement with him.Just not quite enough for a Cleveland victory.James scored 33 points in his return from a two-week layoff but couldnt prevent the Cavaliers from going down to their sixth straight loss, 107-100 to the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday night.James displayed his array of booming dunks, acrobatic drives and 3-point shots.I couldnt make those moves two weeks ago, he said. For me to come back and feel like myself again is pretty cool.Markieff Morris scored a career-high 35 points on 15-of-21 shooting for the Suns, who outscored the Cavs 11-3 over the last 3:31.Morris refused to talk to reporters afterward, walking away from them in the locker room.The Cavaliers rallied from a 19-point, third-quarter deficit to go ahead in the fourth, the first of eight lead changes down the stretch.J.R. Smith, who joined the Cavaliers during James absence, scored 29, going 8 of 14 on 3-pointers.James, who took time off to rest his sore left foot and lower back, made 11 of 18 shots, 6 of 8 in the second half.I thought he was terrific, Cleveland coach David Blatt said. It is not new for anybody. I just thought he laid it out there. That wasnt an easy thing because he hasnt played a competitive game in eight games.The Cavaliers were 1-7 in James absence and have lost nine of 10 overall to fall below .500 at 19-20.But at least they have their superstar back. I thought I was going to run out of gas, James said. Yesterday at practice my lungs were burning. I was able to get my second wind today. The Suns, opening an eight-game homestand, have won 11 of 15.Kyrie Irving, who averages 21 points, scored nine of 4-of-14 shooting for the Cavs.Cleveland was down 80-61 with 3:26 to play in the third quarter, then finished the period with an 18-5 flourish.In the final seconds of the quarter, James made a thunderous dunk, then Smith stole the ball in backcourt and sank a 3-pointer at the buzzer to cut the Suns lead to 85-79 entering the fourth.The Cavaliers took their first lead since the opening minutes when Tristan Thompson dunked off a pass from James to make it 90-88 with 7:31 to play.James gave Cleveland its last lead, 97-96, with a driving layup 3:52 from the finish. The Suns made nine of 11 free throws from there, the last four by P.J. Tucker in the final 18.1 seconds. Phoenixs lone field goal in the final run was Alex Lens tip-in.With Morris not talking, it was left to his teammate to others to talk about his performance.Superstar, All-Star, everything, Goran Dragic said. He played unbelievable. He was our force tonight.Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said Morris was awesome, especially in that fourth quarter.We had a stretch where we had a lot of bad things going on, Hornacek said. We just pounded it into Markieff and he came through, play after play.James had not played since Dec. 28 to rest his injuries.He practiced for the first time since then on Monday, then flew to Texas to cheer on Ohio State in the national college football championship game. He said he got back at 12:30 a.m.The Cavaliers survived a big scare in the first half.With 9:12 left in the second quarter, James took an elbow to the head from Tucker and fell to the floor. He stayed there for a moment, surrounded by all his teammates, before slowly getting up. He stayed in the game, though.James first basket was a powerful reverse dunk from the baseline, then he ended the half with an equally impressive stuff, but the Suns led 59-51 at the break.TIP-INSCavaliers: Kevin Love was on the bench throughout Clevelands big rally and didnt play in the fourth quarter. ... James made 5 of 7 shots in the fourth quarter, the rest of the team 4 of 15. ... Irving had two in the first half on 1-for-4 shooting. .. The Cavs are 1-9 overall without James this season, 18-11 with him.Suns: The Suns eight-game homestand is the longest in franchise history. ... Morris previous high was 30 at Boston on Nov. 17. ... Dragic and Morris were a combined 14-of-21 shooting in first half.UP NEXTCavaliers: Visit the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday.Suns: Host Minnesota on Friday. Luc Robitaille Kings Jersey . This weeks topics include his take on the Kevin Pillar incident, All-Star snubs, the firing of Padres general manager Josh Byrnes and more. Adrian Kempe Jersey . -- Jesse Lussier scored 8:24 into overtime as the Halifax Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit to beat the host Val-dOr Foreurs 6-5 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. http://www.kingsauthentic.com/authentic-drew-doughty-kings-jersey/ . Off-Season Game Plan looks at what the Blue Jackets may do to build upon last seasons success to return to the playoffs again next year. Drew Doughty Jersey . The start of the seasons fifth and final major was delayed two hours due to heavy rain in the area. The tournament eventually began, but with water on the greens and the rain persisting, players were called back to the clubhouse less than an hour after the first group teed off. Derek Forbort Kings Jersey . -- Jose Bautista never worries about hitting homers during the regular season.DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins linebacker Koa Misi says hes looking forward to the teams annual fishing tournament this weekend, when he hopes to end a slump. "Its a lot of fun," Misi said. "But I seem to get on a boat that doesnt catch too many fish. Hopefully this year that will change." With the season three months away, the Dolphins are casting about for ways to improve their defence, which is why Misi found himself at middle linebacker during Mondays off-season practice. He spent his first four NFL seasons mostly at strong-side linebacker, but the Miami coaching staff believes Misi might be better suited to clogging up the middle for a team that ranked 24th in rushing defence and 21st in yards allowed in 2013. The switch is an experiment instigated when the Dolphins began off-season workouts. Misi swapped spots with Dannell Ellerbe, who moved from the middle to the outside in Miamis 4-3 scheme. Philip Wheeler remains at weak-side linebacker, where second-year pro Jelani Jenkins could challenge him for playing time. Linebacker was considered a weakness last year for the Dolphins, but they didnt address the area with a major acquisition in free agency or the draft, and now coach Joe Philbin is looking at the position switch as a possible remedy. The 6-foot-3, 254-pound Misi was considered the best of the three starting linebackers last season. He won praise for his sound fundamentals, sure tackling and run-stopping skills. "One of the things Ive liked about him is when we do a year-end video cutup and show examples of how to take on a block, tackle properly and pursue to the ball, he shows up on a lot of those cuts," Philbin said. "He plays the right way. And he has great leadership qualities. So we want to take a look at him in the interior. Well see how he adjusts to that position and relaates to the other players and the defence in general.dddddddddddd So far he has done a nice job." Defensive co-ordinator Kevin Coyle said the switch is a work in progress, but he likes the idea of Misi in the middle. "He has such a physical presence," Coyle said. "When Koa hits you, you stay hit for a while. I cant tell you how many times weve used Koa as the example of, This is how you compete each and every snap on defence." Misi has been used at both outside linebacker spots and played a little defensive end early in his career, so hes accustomed to position changes. "Since I got here Ive been switching positions," he said. "Im always open to try something new. If it works, it works. If not, well go back to the way things were." Ellerbe said his attitude is the same. He played four seasons at outside linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens before replacing an injured Ray Lewis in the middle during their Super Bowl championship season in 2012. He moved back to the middle when he joined the Dolphins last year. "Whatever will help the team, Im down for," Ellerbe said. "It doesnt matter where we play." In the middle, Misi said, he must adjust to the heavier traffic and change the way he reads keys. In addition, playing in the middle -- the mike position -- requires that the laid-back Misi assume more of a leadership role. "Mike is the leader of the defence," he said. "It forces you to be more vocal. Youve got to make all the calls, and you have to know pretty much the whole defence to get in the right spot to make a play." The experiment will likely continue the rest of this week at least, with two more practices scheduled. "I cant commit today to say that its a done deal," Coyle said, "but certainly I like what were seeing." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).