SAN FRANCISCO -- Hyun-Jin Ryu pitched for his country, doing anything he could from afar to lift spirits in South Korea after al

in Abwesenheit 09.04.2018 10:15
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO -- Hyun-Jin Ryu pitched for his country, doing anything he could from afar to lift spirits in South Korea after all the lives lost during a devastating ferry accident. Dalton Prout Jersey . Ryu stretched his road scoreless streak to 26 innings this season and 28 in all, and the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the San Francisco Giants 2-1 on Thursday to avoid a sweep. "Its just a really unfortunate situation," Ryu said through an interpreter of the ferry accident back home. "I have a very heavy heart today. I thought if I could just win today and pitch well maybe it would give them a little brighter side to think about. Thats why I went out there and tried to do the best I could." Ryu (3-1) struck out three and walked one on a season-high 112 pitches in seven innings, helping his club move into a tie with the Giants atop the NL West at 10-6. The Giants played their seventh straight one-run game, their most since eight in a row in 1910, according to STATS. Yasiel Puig returned to the Dodgers starting lineup and went 1 for 4 with a strikeout. He dropped a routine fly ball in right early on but recovered to throw out Brandon Belt at second. He then made a nice over-the-head catch on the next batter and a running grab in shallow centre in the eighth with a runner on second. He said the ball hit his thumb area on the play he missed, and he didnt close his glove quickly enough. The Cuban star said before the game he will stay focused on baseball despite reports smugglers who got him out of his country threatened his life. He made two baserunning blunders in the season-opening series at Australia, then arrived late at Dodger Stadium for the home opener and was scratched. He vowed to remain focused on baseball and not the off-field issues "so those things that are happening dont torment me." Tim Federowicz hit an RBI single in the second to put the Dodgers ahead, and Adrian Gonzalez singled in a run in the fifth to chase Madison Bumgarner. Gonzalez extended his hitting streak to 12 games, adding an eighth-inning double. Former Giants closer Brian Wilson gave up a leadoff double to Ehire Adrianza but escaped the inning unscathed. Kenley Jansen gave up a two-out RBI single to Adrianza before finishing for his fifth save. Ryu had surrendered a career-high eight runs in a career-short two innings against the Giants in the Dodgers home opener April 4. "Kind of what we needed today for him to go seven and go back out there for the seventh," manager Don Mattingly said. "It worked out." With his bushy beard freshly shorn, Bumgarner (2-1) had a three-start winning streak against the Dodgers snapped with just his second loss in the past seven outings against Los Angeles. The left-hander allowed two runs, six hits and three walks with six strikeouts in 4 1-3 innings but threw 99 pitches. "Not a whole lot went in our favour. Im not trying to change anything," Bumgarner said. "That was some of the best stuff Ive had so far. Its been tough getting deep into games right now." Los Angeles played without shortstop Hanley Ramirez, a day after he was hit by a pitch on the top of his left hand. The Dodgers said there is no fracture, and Ramirez said he had iced the hand eight times and planned to play Friday against Arizona to begin a 10-game homestand. NOTES: LHP Clayton Kershaw, on the DL with a strained muscle in his back, threw breaking balls off the mound and added velocity from his previous session. A rehab assignment is yet to be scheduled, nor any further tests at this time, Mattingly said. Kershaw will continue to throw every other day. ... Giants SS Brandon Crawford was given an extra day off to rest his tender right hamstring. He was available to play and took ground balls before the game. ... CF Angel Pagan didnt start because of knee soreness but appeared as a pinch-hitter. "He banged his knee into a wall a few days ago, so were giving him a break," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. ... The Dodgers improved to 11-2 when they score first. Jesper Bratt Jersey . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27. Jimmy Hayes Jersey . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. http://www.nhldevilshockeystore.com/customized/ . - Mathew Barzal scored 3:47 into overtime as the Seattle Thunderbirds downed the visiting Everett Silvertips 4-3 on Tuesday in Western Hockey League playoff action.NEW YORK -- New Jerseys Martin Brodeur outdueled Rangers counterpart Henrik Lundqvist, and that wasnt lost on New York coach Alain Vigneault. Brodeur, the winningest goalie in NHL history, gutted out a 3-2 Devils victory over Lundqvist and the Rangers on Tuesday night. New Jersey took three one-goal leads and made the last one stick after Dainius Zubrus scored with 2:55 remaining. "We tied it up in the third, and we got unfortunate on all their three goals," Vigneault said. "Their goaltender made some big saves at key times." One shot that eluded Lundqvist was singled out by Vigneault -- Ryan Carters second of the game and season that gave the Devils a 2-1 lead with 46.1 seconds left in the second period. Carter beat speedy Rangers forward Carl Hagelin to Adam Larssons dump-in and cut in on Lundqvist. He sent a quick shot through the crease and inside the left post. When asked about Hagelins role in that goal, Vigneault seemingly shifted the focus onto Lundqvist. "Im not quite sure what happened there," Vigneault said. "It was an easy first man on the puck, but mind you its a routine save." Zubrus made it 3-2 when he put in a loose puck after his shot was blocked by defenceman Dan Girardi. That gave Brodeur a third straight win. "Any win at the Garden is a great win," New Devils owner Josh Harris said. Girardi had gotten the Rangers even at 2 when he scored his first of the season with 7:42 left. Girardi banked in a shot from the blue line off the skate of Devils defenceman Adam Larsson, who turned 21 Tuesday. "Just an overall gutsy effort, and our goalie was fantastic," Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. "I think weve gotten nice starting goaltending for the last three weeks." Brodeur, who earlier this season conceded his starting job to newcomer Cory Schneider started and won for the third time in four games. His previous two outings resulted in shutouts. The 41-year-old Brodeur, who made 33 saves, also allowed a second-period goal to Marc Staal in earning his NHL-record 674th win. "I love to play against these guys, and Im sure they feel the same way," said Brodeur, who has beaten the Rangers 48 times. However, he wasnt ready to claim the No. 1 job back. "Ill leave it to the coaches to make those decisions," he said. "Ill never say boo about stuff like that. Karma goes a long way. I have learned that from the past. Ill never ask for anything here. Ill always be ready to play." Schneider shut out the Rangers in the previous meeting in New Jersey on Oct. 19. Lundqvisst made 25 saves for New York, which went 0 for 5 on the power play. John Moore Jersey. The Rangers (9-9) had won six of seven to get over .500 for the first time this season. He kept it a one-goal deficit with 7:45 left when he stopped former teammate Jaromir Jagr, who came in alone after leaving the penalty box. "We didnt give anything to them, and we fought all night," said Jagr, who earlier Tuesday told his teammates they would win 3-2. "We had a lot of chances to break it open, especially me. I should have scored on that breakaway, and it would have been 3-1, and game over." But that save wasnt enough for the Rangers. "We came out and did the things that we needed to do," Lundqvist said. "We came back into the game and gave us a chance to win. I had a good feeling, especially when we tied it up, but its over and its a tough one. "A lot of good things, but we needed to find a way to win there, and we didnt." Carter netted his first goal with another aggressive charge. He shoved a shot in close that appeared to hit the skate of backchecking forward J.T. Miller and Lundqvists stick before sneaking inside the left post at 6:37. "Thats the way it works sometimes," Carter said. "You get a few in on shots you might not think are going in. I had some clean shots, some dream shots, and he stopped them." The Rangers bounced right back off a rush by Mats Zuccarello, who curled behind the Devils net and backhanded a pass to Staal for a one-timer from above the left circle. The defencemans second of the season snapped Brodeurs shutout streak at 191 minutes, 21 seconds. Brodeur turned aside a hard drive by Derek Stepan less than 5 minutes in, and then stonewalled Zuccarello twice in the crease. Chris Kreider put the puck into the net, but after the whistle was blown. Brodeur thrust his glove into the face of the 5-foot-7 Zuccarello during a stoppage, and even made a save with his mask, mimicking Lundqvists style. "I wanted to match him up," Brodeur said. "I just saw it last second, and I just reacted, and it went off my head. It was a Lundqvist save, I guess." NOTES: Rangers LW Rick Nash (concussion) skated for the fourth straight day and was cleared to return to practice on Wednesday. He has missed 15 games. ... Zuccarello and defenceman Ryan McDonagh both extended point streaks to a career-best four games with assists. ... Devils LW Patrik Elias missed his sixth straight game due to upper body soreness. ... New Jersey D Anton Volchenkov was injured in the first period and didnt return. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).