Todd McShay talks about the upcoming draft class"Aft

in Residenz des Hokage 26.06.2019 09:34
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

er releasing his Grade A mock draft on Tuesday Doug Kotar Color Rush Jersey , ESPN’s Todd McShay spent some time holding court with media on a draft-related conference call. McShay dished on a number of topics of importance to the New York Giants. Let’s look at some of them.Dwayne Haskins vs. Drew Lock McShay had a hard time articulating why the impression is that Haskins is sliding while Lock is rising as the draft approaches. Why? Because he’s a Haskins guy, which explains why he gave the Ohio State quarterback to the Giants with the sixth overall pick in his mock.“I really like him [Haskins]. I have him rated ahead of Drew Lock and I would argue for him based on the tape and the consistency of the tape,” McShay said.“I would make the argument for Haskins but I think they’re both going to be really good pros. I really do.”So, back to why there are increased murmurs that some teams, quite possibly including the Giants, prefer Lock to Haskins.“If you’re going to make an argument for Lock over Haskins, hypothetically, the argument is similar size, similar arm, better athlete, 46 starts compared to 14, confidence, kills it on the board when you sit down and talk football with him,” McShay said.“Haskins very smart, best pure pocket passer in this class, but again if you’re a scout that is pushing your GM to go the route of Lock you’re banging on the table for the experience that he has and some of the other things. …“If you’re looking for reasons for failure, and that’s what scouts do, they have to do it, you’re just concerned about is he (Haskins) always going to be in great shape and take care of himself and those sorts of things.”On Quinnen WilliamsThere is a belief among some folks in the scouting community are hoping and praying that the Alabama defensive lineman somehow falls to them at No. 6. That probably shouldn’t happen, but the more mock drafts you look at and the more scenarios you pore over the more you realize it could happen.McShay was answering a question about the New York Jets at No. 3 when he spoke about Williams. What he said, though, should be of interest to the Giants.“I just think Quinnen’s special. I really do. … I just think if you get an opportunity to draft a difference-maker, the way I think Quinnen can be in the league you gotta take advantage,” McShay said.“I honestly when I was done evaluating the tape I thought he was the best defensive player in all of college football this year.”Defensive lineman Ed Oliver of Houston talks with New York Giants scout Marcus Cooper during workouts at the NFL Combine.Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesOn Ed OliverDoes the freakishly athletic Houston defensive lineman fit with the Giants? Here is McShay’s take on one of the draft’s more interesting players.“He could have been used differently and more effectively [in college] Curtis Riley Color Rush Jersey ,” McShay said. “If he’s developed properly he’s got a chance to be one of the two or three best players in this draft class. Anywhere past pick three or four I don’t think it’s a reach at all for Ed Oliver.” What were New York Giants’ players talking about after Sunday’s season-ending 36-35 loss to the Dallas Cowboys? Let’s go inside the locker room and find out.Saquon Barkley On surpassing 2,000 yards from scrimmage ...“It’s an amazing feeling. Like I said, 2,000 yards, to be mentioned in the same name as Eric Dickerson and Edgerrin James, it’s definitely an honor and privilege, but you don’t do that by yourself. To be honest, you have to give credit to your teammates and coaching staff. Without them, you don’t get that 2,000 yards or however many catches it was, so definitely got to give thanks to those guys.”On if he would be surprised if Eli Manning was not the quarterback next season ...“I don’t know, to be completely honest. The only thing I know is that he has a lot of ball left, that this team believes in him. Even though the season didn’t end up how we wanted it to, we were in a lot of games, we just have to finish those games. I really can’t answer that question, but all I have to say is I know Eli has a lot of ball left in him and I know we believe in him.”On what he learned as a rookie ...“I would say, I think a lot of people said coming into the draft, I don’t know how to take the ‘tough run’, or I don’t know how to get vertical or have balance, or that I try to do too much. I think the biggest challenge that I think I did a good job of is blocking that noise out and just staying true to who I am. Obviously, for your coach to come out and say something like that, listen to him and see how to get better, but not letting the media and all of the national attention come with it change you, and that’s a hard thing.“I’m not going to sit here and lie to you Calvin Munson Color Rush Jersey , especially in nowadays age and go through your phone, you see that this person said this and this person said that, but I think that was the biggest challenge, but with the help of my family and the people that I surround myself with, my teammates and the people in the building, I think that they did a good job of helping me stay grounded and helping me understand what really matters.”Other playersCody Latimer on fighting back from 1-7 ...“It was just something built throughout the offseason, through training camp, getting everyone together on one page and we had a lot of new guys filling in, like my guy Bennie (Fowler) he’s over here, guys that came in, bought in and brought more energy to the team, but like I said, it’s just been that dog in us. We don’t give up, we fight until the end.”Safety Michael Thomas on wanting to be back with the Giants next season ...“Definitely. I think this team moving forward, especially with all of these young guys, it is going to be great. It is great for the team. They got experience that, at most times, only vets get in these crucial situations with the game on the line. You just have to take it home and take it, if no one can give it to you. All of us will be better and this team will be better. I am definitely looking forward to next year.”Evan Engram on losing so many close games this season ...The things that we learn through the losses are going to pay off. You never want to lose, and you never want to be happy about losing or what you learn, but the thing is that we have to get better at the things that happen in those losses. That’s more important; that’s going to help us build in the future.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).