it looked as if the Canadian womens hockey teams

in FanArts 21.06.2019 03:03
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

On February 20, down 2-0 against the Americans with under four minutes to play, it looked as if the Canadian womens hockey teams dream of capturing their fourth straight Olympic gold medal had faded away. Team Canadas experience though allowed them to overcome the late 2-0 deficit and make history beating the Americans 3-2 in overtime. However, the comeback that happened in less than 15 minutes of playing time took years of experience and preparation. On the bench was Jayna Hefford. A member of every Canadian Olympic team since 1998, Hefford used all of that experience for the tense third period and overtime. "With six, seven minutes left in the third, I thought its not looking good, but that thought only lasted five seconds. Once we got that first one, I knew wed be fine." Hefford and Team Canada faced a big hurdle weeks before the historic gold medal game. Dan Church, their coach since 2012, unexpectedly resigned two months before the Olympics were to begin. Also, many veterans that were expected to carry a lot of the teams responsibilities were surprisingly not selected. "With Dan, we tried to ask some questions to get some answers, but we really didnt find anything. It got to the point where we realized the decision was out of our hands." Under new coach Kevin Dineen, the team spent ten days in Austria to regroup before they headed to Sochi. It was a time for rest and recuperation before the competition since every member of the team was exhausted both physically and mentally. Despite the challenges, the Canadians put together a string of wins that led them to the gold medal game. And the team didnt need any extra motivation when they saw who was at the other end of the ice. "There is no one youd rather beat then the Americans. Theyre the best team outside of us. Thats the team you want to play in any final," says Hefford. Although the Canadians were down a pair of goals, that first tally gave them a lifeline. The second goal tied the game, creating emotions for even the veteran players that thought they had seen it all. "When (Marie-Philip) Poulin got the tying goal, thats the most excited Ive ever been for any moment of a game in any moment of my career," Hefford says. "But in the third period and overtime, you try to contain your emotions a little bit." The team could let their emotions lose eight minutes into overtime when Poulin, who was the hero in Vancouver in 2010, scored again to give Canada yet another gold. "It still feels very surreal how that game dramatically turned. Its such a great feeling and its still hard to believe," says Hefford. Theres very little Hefford has not accomplished in her career but after a fourth gold medal, it would be tempting to go for a fifth in 2018. "After Vancouver I didnt know if I was going to keep playing. I felt really good and I thought I had four more years. But now its time for me to look at my options. Going out after a game like that would be perfect." There is nothing more perfect than going out on top of the hockey world. Womens Celtics Jerseys .com) - Blake Griffin led five Clippers in double figures with 24 points and the LA Clippers got back on track with a 101-97 win over the Utah Jazz. Discount Celtics Jerseys . -- Oakland Athletics third baseman Scott Sizemore has undergone surgery on his left knee to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament. http://www.cheapcelticsjerseyschina.com/ . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. Larry Bird Jersey . - The Denver Broncos kept rookie wide receiver Tavarres King from joining the Green Bay Packers by promoting him to their active roster Tuesday. Celtics Jerseys From China . - Buffalo Bills running back C.NEW YORK -- Milos Raonic emerged as the only Canadian survivor from five starters on opening day at the U.S. Open Monday. The fifth seed reached the second round over Japans Taro Daniel with a 6-3, 6-2, 7-6 (1) victory. Raonic had a smooth ride in the first two sets, but hit speed bumps as he tried to serve it out. "Maybe just lacked a little bit of intensity," Raonic said after the match. "Where I needed to, I played well. "Its really hard to gauge my level because of the way things went throughout the match. But I feel like just the way Ive prepared for this event, Im feeling more comfortable than any of the other ones, so thats a good thing." The Thornhill, Ont., product saved two break points with aces in the 10th game leading 5-4 but hit the net with a backhand to make it 5-5 in the third set. The set went to a tiebreaker where Raonic finally got the job done. Raonic took just over 90 minutes to earn victory with 20 aces and nearly 60 winners. "Ive been playing my best tennis this year," he said. "I put a lot of focus into this event. Im glad to be here and start playing. "Im hoping to stay for as long as possible." Vasek Pospisil fell victim to a shoulder injury sustained from practise last week. The 46th-ranked Vancouver player who won the Wimbledon doubles title, lost to clay-courter Simone Bolelli 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3. Pospisil revealed that he hurt his shoulder on one serve last Tuesday but added that the problem is slowly healing. Pospisil fired 13 aces but was weighed down by 51 unforced errors and managed only 21 winners. He won his only match in New York during his 2011 debut after also going out in the first round a year ago. "Ive not been serving much, I lost my rhythm," said the Canadian. "I still have pain in my shoulder and thats never a good thing. "I couldnt serve like I usually do, that seemed like a big part of the match today. Its only my serve thats affected. But youre then not as confident on serve and not as loose on return games. It changed the whole outlook on the match. "Im not stressed about doubles, the shoulder is getting better. Four days ago I could barely serve." Shaaron Fichman of Toronto, Aleksandra Wozniak of Blainville, Que.dddddddddddd., and Montreals Francoise Abanda were also eliminated in the womens draw. Fichman returned from arthroscopic knee surgery to a crushing 6-1, 6-0 loss to fourth-seed Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland in a match that took 47 minutes. Wozniak lost to Japans up-and-coming Kurumi Nara, 6-2, 6-1, in 59 minutes. The 17-year-old Abanda, playing in her first match at a Grand Slam, went down to 2013 Wimbledon finalist Sabine Lisicki 6-3, 7-5. "It was a great feeling to be playing my first Slam," Abanda said. "I had a tough opponent so that was tough, but it was great for me to experience that this year at age 17." The No. 112-ranked Fichman was playing her first match since losing in the first round of Wimbledon on June 24. She had surgery to repair torn cartilage in her knee in late July, the result of injuries suffered in World Team Tennis. "Only I know what Ive been going through," she said. "Considering all that I have on my plate, I definitely did the best job that I could. Im proud of my effort. I knew that even on the best of days, Radwanska would not be the easiest match." Fichman is still searching for her first singles victory at a Grand Slam after first-round losses in New York last year and at Roland Garros and Wimbledon in 2014. She was rusty Monday, with 24 unforced errors and 23 winners from her Radwanska. "I dont know how long it will take me to come back," said Fichman. "Im doing the best that could be asked for after the surgery and the ankle and everything. Ill do all that I can, eventually Ill get there. All the struggles and hard work will make me better at the end." The No. 97-ranked Wozniak suffered through 28 unforced errors as she ended her Grand Slam season without a victory at any of the three majors she played -- Paris, London and New York. The 26-year-old Canadian, who has struggled in her comeback from a shoulder injury several seasons ago, was playing her first elite-level match since losing in the first round of the Rogers Cup. Montreals Eugenie Bouchard starts her tournament on Tuesday playing Olga Govortsova of Belarus. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).