Ejim looking up at the giant scoreboard that hangs

in FanArts 13.06.2019 02:46
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

AMES, Iowa -- With about 9 minutes left in Iowa States game with TCU, Georges Niang of the Cyclones caught teammate Melvin Ejim looking up at the giant scoreboard that hangs over the centre of the court. "Im like, whats he looking at?" Niang said. "I looked up and he had 35 (points) and I was like, holy smoke, this could be a crazy night." That it was. Ejim scored a Big 12-record 48 points, making 20 of 24 shots, and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds to lead No. 16 Iowa State past TCU 84-69 on Saturday, keeping the Horned Frogs winless in the conference. Ejim had two 3-pointers and six dunks during his big game, one on a spectacular fast-break lob from DeAndre Kane that gave the Cyclones (18-4, 6-4 Big 12) a 67-52 lead and effectively put the game out of reach. "It was teamwork," Ejim said. "These guys just did a great job finding me in transition and getting me the ball in places where I could score. They made really selfless plays. We were just giving up the ball and luckily, I was on the receiving end." A 6-foot-6 senior, Ejim scored 20 straight Iowa State points during one stretch in the second half and easily notched his 30th career double-double. He padded his lead in the Big 12 scoring race with a performance that topped the previous conference record of 44 points by Kansas States Denis Clemente in 2009 and the Wildcats Michael Beasley in 2008. His previous high had been 23 points against Oklahoma last season. Iowa States school record is 54 by Lafester Rhodes in an overtime victory over Iowa in 1987. Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, who once scored 41 in a game for the Cyclones, said Ejims record is all the more impressive considering it came in a league that has produced the likes of Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin. "All the great players that have gone through this league and Melvin Ejims name is at the top," he said. "Thats unbelievable for a guy that maybe doesnt get as much credit as he deserves. The Cyclones needed those points because TCU (9-13, 0-10) kept matching them basket for basket down the stretch. Ejim stayed in the game until 19.9 seconds were left, when he left to a lengthy standing ovation. "We were just playing," he said. "I wasnt really looking up to see how much I had. These guys just kept telling me to be aggressive, keep playing. I think I figured it out when they started chanting my name." Niang added 11 points and Kane finished with 10 assists for the Cyclones, who avoided a letdown after their thrilling three-overtime victory at Oklahoma State on Monday, their first win in Stillwater since 1988. Kyan Anderson led the Horned Frogs with 27 points and eight assists. Amric Fields scored 18 points and Karviar Shepherd had 11 for TCU, which was coming off single-digit losses to Texas Tech and No. 15 Texas, but could not keep up with the Cyclones and the high-flying Ejim. "I got back to Melvin back on (Big 12) media day," TCU coach Trent Johnson said. "He is one of my favourite college basketball players in the country this year. I think he is really underrated. He is a hell of a kid, at least from the interaction Ive had with him. He plays extremely hard and he is very efficient." The game was expected to offer a break for the Cyclones after they played four straight against Top 25 teams and eight in a row against teams that were ranked at one time or another. But the Horned Frogs proved to be a little more stubborn than anticipated despite a horrible start. TCU gave up the ball on a shot clock violation on the games first possession, Dustin Hogue followed with a 3-pointer and Iowa State led from then on as the Horned Frogs missed nine of their first 10 shots. Despite some sloppy play at times, the Cyclones built a 16-point lead late in the first half, then had the lead whittled to seven before Ejim went on his tear to wrap it up. TCU shot 29.6 per cent in the first half and did not have more baskets than turnovers until Anderson hit the second of two straight 3-pointers with 45 seconds left in the first half, cutting the lead to 32-22. "We battled," Johnson said. "For us to be within striking distance with about four minutes to go, I cant fault what our kids did." Miles Sanders Jersey . The moves were the first punitive steps taken by the Dolphins since a report on the NFLs investigation of the case was released last week. Investigators found that guard Richie Incognito and two teammates engaged in persistent harassment directed at tackle Jonathan Martin, another offensive lineman and an assistant trainer. Mike Quick Jersey . Bibeau, Torontos sixth-round pick at No. 172 overall in last years draft, was named the outstanding goaltender of the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-seth-joyner-jersey . Both the top-seeded Djokovic and sixth-seeded Fish took relatively easy paths, with the Serb winning when opponent Jo-Wilfried Tsonga retired in the second set with a sore arm and Fish dominating Janko Tipsarevic in two quick sets. Chuck Bednarik Jersey . The 27-year-old hit .209 in 86 at-bats last year after missing the 2010 season following surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Wilbert Montgomery Jersey . The NFL says Wednesday that the game between the Atlanta Falcons and Detroit Lions at Wembley on Oct. 26 will start at 1:30 p.Jon Jones six straight title defences have two things in common. First, they have all been against an opponent he has never fought before, and second, he has won them all. On Saturday Jones will once again face a challenger he has yet to meet in the octagon. Whether he wins or not is an entirely different story. At UFC 172 at the Baltimore Arena, Jones (19-1) will put his undisputed light heavyweight title on the line against Glover Teixeira. "Its the ultimate level of excitement to go out there and fight someone that you never sparred against before or you never had any physical contact with before," Jones said. "You figure out their strengths, their speed, what theyre good at. You figure it all out there on the fly. It just makes you feel so alive." Teixeira (22-2) is hailed as one of Jones biggest threats for the title at 205 lbs., thanks in large part to a 20-fight win streak he has put together over the last seven years. His pedigree is heightened more so by the fact that in those 20 consecutive victories he has finished his opponent 18 times (7 KO, 5 TKO, 6 submission). The streak, however, is nothing new to Jones. If not for a disqualification loss to Matt Hamill in 2009 for striking with illegal elbows, he would be a perfect 20-0 in his mixed martial arts career. He has also won 10 fights in a row since the DQ. Nonetheless, the achievement is not lost on the champ. "Obviously its something that I have to respect. Hes won 20 fights in a row for a reason," Jones said. "He must be something unique, special, but it motivates me. To beat a guy who has won 20 fights in a row you have to be something thats even more special." Although Teixeiras highlight reel could be used as a horror movie for pending opponents, Jones has certainly proven himself to be that "special" commodity. After winning the title in a dominant TKO of Maruicio "Shogun" Rua in 2011, Jones has gone on to successfully defend his belt against four former champions - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans and Vitor Belfort - as well as one of the sports best wrestlers in Chael Sonnen and a narrow decision victory over Alexander Gustafsson. His latest fight, the five-round war with Gustafsson, showed the world that there are few things the reigning champion cant do. He had never looked so vulneraable in the octagon after being awarded the unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46).dddddddddddd He had never looked more exposed, battered and beaten than he did that night. But in the end his hand was raised and the belt was back around his waist. Seven months later, Jones returns as what might be an even more dangerous fighter. "Having a long fight, having a marathon-style fight, it definitely gives me more confidence to know that not only do I have the cardio to keep up, I have the heart to keep up when the going gets tough," he said. It has long been known, and proven in his fight with Gustafsson and in many challenges before, that Jones is a superior physical specimen. He has a natural speed and precision that is a nightmare for all competitors, but its his aforementioned heart and mental strength that separates him. Meditation is a vital part of Jones training regiment, culminating on fight day when Jones says he likes to take his team away from the clutter of the upcoming event to prepare his mind for battle. "Well just look up some parks and beautiful scenic areas to go to, usually based around nature, and go visit that and just get some time away from the cameras and the hotel and well spend anywhere from an hour to two hours out there, just clear our heads and refocus on why were actually there in that town or city and thats my thing, thats what I do," he said. Jones also admits he is a visualizer. He enters every fight with the thought of his hand being raised, carrying the belt out of the arena and getting ready to prepare for another challenger. Clearly, its working. "Your mental approach is ultimately what reflects on the outcome of everything you do in life," he said. "I definitely credit my mental approach to martial arts and life to the success in the octagon." As for his seventh title defence, which would set a new light heavyweight record should he win, Jones is once again ready for a fighter he has never faced before. "Ill go out there and just be something that Glover couldnt train for - young, fast, athletic, creative, different," Jones said. "I see myself confusing him, frustrating him and ultimately stopping him one way or another whether its TKO, submission or a knockout. I plan on going out there and fighting smart, fighting hard and breaking him." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).