Blake Bortles is no longer Jacksonville’s starting

in Regeln und Informationen 12.06.2019 09:13
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

JACKSONVILLE D.J. Reader Color Rush Jersey , Fla. (AP) — quarterback.Whether he regains the job in the next week is anybody’s guess.Bortles fumbled on the team’s third play of each half, leading to 10 points and his benching in a 20-7 loss to AFC South rival Houston on Sunday.Coach Doug Marrone yanked Bortles after the second turnover — his eighth in three games — and gave former Cleveland starter Cody Kessler a shot.Marrone gave no indication afterward if Bortles or Kessler would be under center when the reeling Jaguars (3-4) play a “home game” against Philadelphia (3-4) in London next week.“It’s open,” Marrone said. “Who’s the starter at right tackle? Who’s the starter at center? Who’s the starter at receiver? Who’s the starter? Everything is open. We’ve lost three straight games and we can’t stop shooting ourselves in the foot for lack of a better expression. … We’ve got to do something, but the first thing we’ve got to do is stop turning the damn ball over. Period. That would be the positive of how we can build.”Jacksonville’s third consecutive lopsided loss triggered quarterback indecision and heated commotion .When the locker room doors opened for media members, Calais Campbell could be seen holding back fellow defensive end Yannick Ngakoue. It was carry-over from an emotional postgame that included screaming, shouting and finger pointing.“You all walk in here, you all see how it is in here, you all see how we vibe with each other, you all see how we vibe toward the coaches, you all see how it is,” cornerback Jalen Ramsey said. “It is no secret what’s going on here right now. Ain’t nobody going to say it because we can’t. But it ain’t no secret what’s going on and it ain’t right right now.”Ngakoue declined comment, as did safety Tashaun Gipson and cornerback A.J. Bouye.Their silence spoke volumes for a team that appears to be in upheaval — a huge fall after starting the season with Super Bowl expectations.“I don’t speak on locker room business Jon Weeks Color Rush Jersey ,” linebacker Telvin Smith said. “Don’t ask me locker room questions.”Not everyone ducked the obvious.“Be frustrated. Be frustrated all week. Change something,” defensive tackle Malik Jackson said. “Change something you need to do. We need to look ourselves in the mirror and just fix it. I can’t sit here and tell you what we need to fix, what we need to do, what needs to be done. I don’t know. I just know that we need to be where we’re supposed to be and just . something needs to change.”The Texans (4-3) don’t need to change anything after a fourth consecutive victory gave them a one-game lead in the division.Deshaun Watson threw for a touchdown after making the 800-mile trip to Jacksonville on a private bus to avoid potential problems that flying and cabin pressure might pose to his bruised lung and injured ribs. Lamar Miller ran for 100 yards and a score . And the defense did the rest, forcing three turnovers and sacking Kessler four times.Houston hosts Miami (4-3) on Thursday night.“We were down and out and everybody was counting us out,” Texans linebacker Whitney Mercilus said. “The thing is, we have guys on this team who understand that early on it doesn’t matter. We just put our heads down and kept working and now we have to continue to do the same thing.”Here are some other things we learned about the Texans and Jaguars:HAL STARTSTexans safety Andre Hal, who returned to practice this week following treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma, was in the starting lineup. Hal was diagnosed with the disease in May and immediately began treatment. He received the news of his remission last month. The game was emotional because his father, Andre Hal Sr., died Tuesday, a few days suffering a heart attack.“This was good for my dad Kevin Johnson Color Rush Jersey ,” Hal said. “He wanted me back on the field and I know he was watching me there today. … People didn’t really think I’d come back, but I knew I would come back. It was cool seeing everyone kind of show some love to me.”ONE-HANDED CATCHDeAndre Hopkins won several one-on-one matchups against Ramsey. His best was a one-handed catch for 31 yards along the sideline in the first quarter.“That catch at the beginning of the game really got us going,” Texans coach Bill O’Brien said. “He made some big plays for us. That’s Hop.”ANOTHER SHUTOUTThe Jaguars failed to score in the first half for the third straight week, the first time they’ve done that in franchise history. They have been outscored 57-0 in the opening two quarters in losses to Kansas City, Dallas and Houston. One of the New England Patriots’ biggest issues against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday were negative plays. Not only did the team turn the football over and give up almost 7.0 yards per (non-kneel down) rushing attempt, but it also continuously set itself back via penalties. On the day, the Patriots were flagged 15 times — 14 of those penalties were accepted by the Steelers and resulted in a combined loss of 106 yards.In a game as close as Sunday’s this is a problem. What also is a problem that nine of New England’s infractions were either of the procedural or pre-snap kind as a breakdown of the 15 flags thrown against the team shows:While none of the penalties occurred on third down, two of them — offensive holding calls agains Marcus Cannon and Shaq Mason — came in the red zone and cost the team valuable field position on drives ending in an interception and a turnover on downs, respectively. Safe to say that flags were an issue for the Patriots, especially when going against a team that lost just 40 yards on four infractions.That is not to say that the referees are at fault for New England’s loss, despite some close calls being made to the Patriots’ disadvantage. However, John Parry and his crew are relatively flag-happy albeit inconsistent week in and week out: on average Joel Heath Color Rush Jersey , Parry’s team calls 11.9 penalties per game. No team, however, heard its name called out as often this season by the veteran referee than the Patriots.“Some of those were some close calls, some of those were penalties we can handle,” special teams captain Matthew Slater said immediately after the Patriots’ 17-10 loss in Pittsburgh. And that is probably the main thing New England has to take away from the game: as concerning as it was to see the team being unable to adjust to the game being called tightly, a lot of the penalties can be avoided.And even though it stood out on Sunday, the Patriots have actually been one of the least-flagged teams over the course of the entire season: head coach Bill Belichick’s squad gets called “just” 7.4 times per game (up from 6.8 before the Steelers game) which is still the ninth best number in the NFL. When it comes to accepted penalties, New England is tied for sixth best with 6.0 per contest (up from 5.4 the week prior).All in all, it looks as if the game in Pittsburgh was more of an outlier than a concerning development. Some of New England’s issues with penalties can easily be addressed and worked on, while the rest just ebbs and flows as is common in the NFL. Concern level: low.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).