concussion and a stroke in a game last December

in Event und Story Vorschläge 31.05.2019 08:47
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Russell Allen, a former linebacker with the Jacksonville Jaguars, will retire after suffering a concussion and a stroke in a game last December. Allen told MMQB.si.com he has a dead spot -- no bigger than a dime -- on his cerebellum. The cerebellum controls motor movement and co-ordination. The Jaguars released Allen last week after his personal physician consulted with Jacksonvilles medical staff before a scheduled physical. The Jaguars declined comment Tuesday, citing medical privacy laws. Allen, who lives with his wife and two--year-old son in San Diego, did not immediately return a message left on his cellphone. "I told my story so athletes understand you cant ignore head injuries," Allen posted on his Twitter page Tuesday. "If youre not sure you have one, then you do. Report it immediately." In the months after Allens initial stroke diagnosis, he saw three neurosurgeons. The last one advised Allen to quit playing football. Allen told MMQB he has struggled to pick up and grip hand-held objects -- doctors believe this will subside in time -- and will be on blood-thinning medication for the rest of his life. Allen hopes others will learn from his experience. "Guys talk about it all the time: Im all right; I just got my bell rung," he said. "Ive had, maybe 10 times in my career, when for a second I felt woozy after a hit. And what Ive learned from this is that its not something to be overlooked. If it feels like somethings wrong, somethings wrong. I want someone to know my experience, so they can know when they experience something similar." Allen sustained the concussion and stroke in Week 15 against Buffalo after running into Bills centre Eric Wood several yards downfield. "It was strange because it was so routine," Allen said. "We hit, I got off the block, no big deal. "I felt something flash -- like they say when you get your bell rung. I didnt lose consciousness. I walked back to the huddle and finished the drive." Later in the game, though, Allen began having double vision on the sideline. He did not notify team trainers, instead asking teammate Paul Posluszny if his eye was OK. Allen had a headache after the game and again when he woke up the next day, which prompted him to tell the team. The Jaguars ordered an MRI and sent Allen home. That Tuesday, the Jags told Allen to meet a team physician at the emergency room. Allen was told he had suffered a stroke and had tests for three days at the hospital. Ryan Schraeder Jersey . -- Alex Anthopoulos spoke volumes with what he didnt say on right-hander Ervin Santana. Brooks Reed Jersey . Team spokesman Donald Beauchamp said there was no new information on the 80-year-old Hall of Famers condition. The family has requested privacy. http://www.officialatlantafalconsfootball.com/authentic-jack-crawford-jersey-womens . Ireland was the last unbeaten side in the championship after France fell to Wales on Friday, and was favoured to end a three-match losing run to England with a side with more than twice as many caps, rampant momentum, and added incentive to celebrate Brian ODriscolls world record-tying 139th test cap. Matt Bosher Jersey . Louis Cardinals, the team will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the opening of the SkyDome. Jays legends Jimmy Key and Ernie Whitt, members of playoff and World Series-winning teams of the past, will be on hand for the festivities to look back at what was the beginning of the Jays halcyon years. Julio Jones Jersey . Not to be outdone, Atletico Madrid bettered its title rivals by demolishing 10-man Getafe 7-0 with Diego Costa returning from injury to score with a brilliant bicycle kick. "It was an almost perfect night," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said.The Winnipeg Jets open a two-game road trip tonight in Vancouver. Its a 7pm ct face off on TSN 1290 Radio and TSN Jets TV. Due to the 5pm local time start, neither team had a pregame skate this morning. This is the Jets lone appearance in Vancouver this season. The remaining two regular season games between these teams will be at MTS Centre. The (16-16-5) Jets are sixth in the Central Division with 37 points. They trail fifth-place Dallas by three points, and are one point ahead of seventh-place Nashville. The Stars have two games in hand on Winnipeg while the Predators have one. Winnipeg has two players, Andrew Ladd and Evander Kane, who are from British Columbia. Mark Scheifele is on a five-game point streak (three goals, four assists). Kane has two goals and two assists in his last three games. For just the second time this season, Bryan Little is without a point in two straight games after being held off the scoresheet Friday at home against Florida. Anthony Peluso is available to the Jets to play tonight after serving his three-game suspension. The (21-11-6) Canucks are fourth in the Pacific Division with 48 points. They trail third-place San Jose by two pointts and are four up on fifth-place Phoenix.dddddddddddd The Sharks have two games in hand on Vancouver while the Coyotes have three. Kevin Bieksa will play his 500th NHL game tonight. He is the lone Canuck to register a point in his last two consecutive games with two assists. Former Jet Mike Santorelli leads the Canucks at plus-14. 25-year-old defenceman Yannick Weber has four points (one goal, three assists) in four games lifetime against the Atlanta/Winnipeg franchise. There are eight current Canuck players that played with the AHLs Manitoba Moose: Jannik Hansen (129 games) Ryan Kesler (111 games), Alex Burrows (107 games), Kevin Bieksa (108 games), Jordan Schroeder (72 games), Eddie Lack (53 games), Alex Edler (51 games), and Chris Tanev (39 games). Lack and Tanev were on the last Moose team to play in the AHL before the NHL returned to Winnipeg. The Canucks have won their last five games in a row on home ice. Vancouver has the number one penalty kill in the NHL at 90 per cent. Following tonights game, the Jets fly to Edmonton and play their final game before the Christmas break tomorrow against the Oilers (8:30ct on TSN 1290 / TSN Jets). Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).