Bob Sutton on new tackling rule: “I wouldn’t want to officiate this” B

in Residenz des Hokage 30.05.2019 08:32
von panxing18 • Anbu Squad-Leader | 407 Beiträge

ob Sutton doesn’t know what to do.For some Chiefs fans Mecole Hardman black jersey , that’s a statement about the Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator that’s true every single day.But in this case, Sutton is referring specifically to the new rule that was enforced on Chiefs linebacker Tanoh Kpassagnon on Saturday during the Chiefs 27-20 preseason loss to the Chicago Bears.You know.This one.Speaking to the media on Monday, Sutton said he’s just not sure what to tell his players if that’s the way the new rule regarding a defensive player putting all of his weight on the quarterback is going to be called.“The one they called on TK — and I wouldn’t want to officiate this; I’m just being honest, this is a hard play to officiate — it’s very difficult to tell TK to do something different in that situation,” he said. “This isn’t like the one where you pick the quarterback up and slam him into the ground. You had a choice on that. You could just take him to the ground, or pick him up and slam him. So they said, ‘OK Mecole Hardman Jersey Mens , don’t slam him. That’s a penalty.’ This one is really hard. I don’t know exactly how to tell him to take his weight off the guy from the position he was coming in that situation.”Whether you like Sutton or not, it’s hard to disagree with his point of view here.Is this going to be the new standard?A sack that just about anyone would previously have called a textbook defensive play now results in 15 yards and a first down for the offense?Sutton reminded reporters that during training camp, he was more worried about this new rule than he was about the new helmet rule that has had so much press attention so far.“I’m not really sure how it’s going to play out. When we had the officials in, I asked, ‘Did anybody think about trying to tackle Ben Roethlisberger?’ It’s hard enough to get him down with all of your weight. But to say, ‘I’m going to slide off to the side and not do it,’ is really hard. I just think it’s a hard rule. I think it’s hard on the officials. I really do. I think we all know what the intent is. We’re not looking to slam this guy in the dirt Mecole Hardman Jersey Cheap , but there are some times that I just don’t know what you can do from a physical standpoint to change that — without just stopping completely.”Even if you think — as some Chiefs fans do — that Sutton is a doddering old fool who should be shown the door, you’ll probably be right here with him on this one.It’s one thing to have a new rule that promotes player safety.But it’s quite another to have one whose application is going to be almost impossible to predict, and it will almost certainly drastically change the way pass rushers can play the game. The Kansas City Chiefs held their second media availability of the week Thursday, as they continued to prepare for their matchup with the New England Patriots. The Chiefs play the Patriots for the AFC title Sunday evening at 5:40 p.m. Arrowhead Time.Among those who spoke were head coach Andy Reid, offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, defensive coordinator Bob Sutton, special teams coordinator Dave Toub Carlos Hyde Jersey , quarterback Patrick Mahomes and other members of the team. You may find the press conferences in full below:Head coach Andy ReidIf you can’t see the above video of Reid, click here.Special teams coordinator Dave Toub and offensive coordinator Eric BieniemyIf you can’t see the above video of Toub and Bieniemy, click here.Defensive coordinator Bob SuttonIf you can’t see the above video of Sutton, click here.Patrick Mahomes, Dustin Colquitt, Steve Nelson, Mitch Schwartz Tyrann Mathieu Jersey , Eric FisherIf you can see the above video of Chiefs players, click here.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).