The Celtic midfielder announced he was returning

in FanArts 29.05.2019 05:09
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

Former Scotland skipper Paul Lambert reckons the return of Scott Brown to international duty will provide a boost to the team. The Celtic midfielder announced he was returning to the Scotland set up in October just two months after retiring from the national squad.Browns decision came after a season interrupted by injury, but he has been in good form for Celtic under Brendan Rodgers since the start of the campaign and has had a change of heart. Scotland boss Gordon Strachan was delighted at Browns decision, and the 31-year-old is almost certain to start Fridays World Cup Qualifier against England at Wembley. Scotland manager Gordon Strachan is delighted at Browns decision I think he will come back in. Its important for him and Scotland as a whole that he comes back in, Lambert told Sky Sports News HQ.You dont come out of retirement if you are not going to play and its a boost for Scotland to get him in the side.It will be Gordons decision what he wants to do but it will be good for him. I hope its for more than just one game.If you come out of retirement I think you have to try and see the campaign through. Hopefully Scott has made that decision, which is probably right for himself and right for Gordon and Scotland. Hopefully its just not for one game.Scotland go into the Group F encounter having picked up just one point from their last two matches against Lithuania and Slovakia, a situation which has led to criticism of Strachan. Paul Lambert playing for Scotland against Brazil in 1998 Lambert reckons the occasion at Wembley means there will be expectation on both Strachan and England counterpart Gareth Southgate though.I think you can place Scotland v England anywhere, whatever sport it is, there is going to be that rivalry. Its always going to be there, Lambert said.Scotland will go down there and give it a right good go. I dont think they have anything to fear going to England to play them, especially at Wembley, its a great occasion.But I think any sport you play, Scotland v England there is always that little bit extra added to it. Brown (left) in action for Celtic against Borussia Monchengladbach As a football manager you are under pressure every single game. Gordon knows the game, hes not a novice at it. Hes an experienced guy, he was a great player in his day, and done well with the national team.I think the couple of games beforehand has put the pressure on him, but Scotland v England there is pressure anyway.From a Scotland point of view Id love them to win. I think its going to be difficult, a really tough game going down there, but its a game the lads can go and enjoy, and play without any fear.I think England will feel a bit of pressure as well, because they will know they have to win as well. Gareth knows he will have to get a win. Its closer than what a lot of people think. Scotland will go down there and enjoy the occasion. Also See: Scotland latest Scotland fixtures Scotland stats Table Live on Sky Terrance Mitchell Jersey . Ferguson told Uniteds in-house TV channel on Saturday that he has no immediate plans to walk away from the game, and that he still hungers for more trophies even after 25 years in charge of the club. Bernie Kosar Jersey . LOUIS -- David Ross never expected to be on a World Series podium. http://www.officialclevelandbrownsfootball.com/authentic-tyrod-taylor-jersey-womens . -- When Steve Blake checked in at the scorers table with 5:25 remaining in the third quarter, Stephen Curry shook his head and shouted across the court, asking Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson not to take him out. Trevon Coley Jersey . -- Jerel Worthy and his Michigan State teammates charged across the field, holding four fingers in the air while celebrating another sweet victory over their biggest rival. Joe Thomas Jersey . -- Los Angeles Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday for the first time in his seven-year career because of a swollen muscle in his left upper back.CALGARY -- Jamie Gregg gained medals and confidence in the first speedskating World Cup of the season, while Christine Nesbitt went empty-handed with a bruised morale. Gregg, from Edmonton, earned his second bronze medal in the 500 metres Sunday after picking up his first in the distance two days earlier. His were the host countrys two medals at the Essent ISU World Cup Speed Skating event in Calgary. Canadas womens pursuit team finished fourth to conclude racing Sunday. The Canadian long-track team has three more World Cups before trials in late December and early January to determine the countrys Olympic speedskating team for Sochi, Russia. "I want to make sure Im building into Sochi," Gregg said. "I dont want to peak right now, but Im happy with where Im at and where it puts me in the world." Nesbitt, the reigning Olympic champion in the 1,000 metres, finished 10th in the distance Sunday and 1.77 seconds back of winner Heather Richardson of the U.S. Retired Canadian speedskating star Clara Hughes has said she loves "Nesbitts rage" on the ice, but Nesbitts emotion was bewilderment Sunday. Her time of one minute 15 seconds at the Olympic Oval was over two seconds slower than the world record she set there in 2012. "I cant remember the last time I skated a 1:15 in Calgary," she said. "Its been six years or something, or I dont know maybe longer. Eight years. I dont understand whats going on really. "This isnt really helping my confidence that much and thats what I want to be building. I dont know what to say." The 28-year-old from London, Ont., has been managing tightness in her back for over a week, but she insisted after finishing seventh in Saturdays 1,500 metres that wasnt an issue for her. She intended to analyze tape of her races with coach Xiuli Wang. The Canadian team departs this week for Salt Lake City, Utah, and the next World Cup races starting Friday. "If I dont understand why Im going so slow it means I need to watch my races and maybe learn a few things," Nesbitt said. "I feel good, but obviously how I feel is not whats happening out on the ice." Wang has also trained Hughes and multi-Olympic medallist Kristina Groves. With her objective, experienced eyes, Wang pointed out Nesbitts opening 100 metres was one of her fastest, but Nesbitt also had a slip on the second turn that cost her speed. "Todays race, definitely theres some things we need to be working on," Wang said. "But I believe from how we train, shes strong, she has the power and we just need to synchronize the mental with the body as one unit. "I did talk to her. I said we give you tools, we help you get there, but at the end of the day, youre taking charge. Its your race." Gregg and Ron Mulder of the Netherlands tied for third in the mens 500 with identical times of 34.52 seconds. Tucker Fedricks of the U.S., was the winner in 34.46 ahead of world and Olympic champion Tae-Bum Mo of South Koreea in 34.dddddddddddd.47. Gregg finished eighth in the 500 at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and Whistler, B.C. The 28-year-old from Edmonton won his first World Cup gold in 2012 and was fourth at the world sprint championships in January. "In order to win a medal at the Olympics, you have to be consistently up around the medals at World Cups," Gregg said. "Going into the last Olympics, I won my first bronze medal here in Calgary a month or two before, but you need that consistency to give you that confidence on the line knowing that you dont need a magnificent, perfect race to put yourself up there. "I just need to do this and give myself confidence that I can skate really well and still be up there. I dont need to have some out-of-body experience to get on the podium." Gregg initially thought he was fourth and missed a medal by a thousandth of a second based on his electronic time. His official time, however, was determined by photo finish and it was fast enough for him to stand on the podium again. He is the son of former Edmonton Oilers defenceman Randy Gregg and two-time Olympic speedskater Kathy (Vogt) Gregg. His sister Jessica is on the national short-track team and won a relay silver in 2010. The Olympic 500-metre champion in Sochi will be determined by the combined times of two races. Greggs ability to put two strong 500s together at one event is promising, according to Speed Skating Canadas long-track director Sean Ireland. "The thing I really liked today was his fast lap despite his relatively slow start," he said. "Having that lap time he did, he looked good doing so and having that top-end speed was exciting." Sven Kramer and Jorrit Bergsma of the Netherlands were first and second respectively in the mens 5,000 metres. Kramers time of six minutes 4.46 seconds was just over a second off the world-record time he set at the Oval in 2007. Saskatoons Lucas Makowsky was 16th. The Netherlands took the womens team pursuit ahead of runner-up Japan and bronze medallist Poland. Ottawas Ivanie Blondin, Winnipeg Brittany Schussler and Reginas Kali Christ were 2.02 seconds back of the winners in fourth. The Canadian long-track team trains at the Oval in Calgary. The teams performance in the season-opening World Cup there was mixed, said Ireland. Other than Greggs two bronze, the mens and womens pursuit teams that finished fourth were the only other top-five results. Nesbitt is the long-track teams best prospect for gold in Sochi. With the 2014 Winter Games less than 100 days away, Ireland believes she can get back on track for Sochi. "Looking where she was at a few weeks ago with performances at trials and practice races, I feel like shes on track in terms of her physiology, in terms of her preparation," he said. "Weve seen good testing results and such. "I think just hit the re-set button now and get into another head space as well as look forward to the next few World Cups." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).