Croatian columnis

in Residenz des Hokage 29.03.2018 07:57
von jokergreen0220 • Halb Gott | 2.085 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Mike Brown had no interest in rehashing his past with the Los Angeles Lakers -- not right now, not with his new team struggling. Custom Houston Rockets Jerseys . Hes much more intrigued by the possibilities in the Cleveland Cavaliers future after a breakout game by their newest acquisition. Luol Deng hit five 3-pointers while scoring 27 points, Anderson Varejao added 18 points and 18 rebounds, and the Cavaliers beat the spiraling Lakers 120-118 Tuesday night. Dion Waiters scored 13 of his 17 points in the fourth quarter as the Cavaliers improved to 4-16 on the road. They also won for Brown in his return to Staples Center to face the Lakers, who fired him early last season before descending into the mess of a team that couldnt keep up with Cleveland down the stretch. "I dont care where I am, I really want wins," Brown said. "If we win, I can take some satisfaction from it, but theres a lot of learning we can do from this game, too." Jodie Meeks hit six 3-pointers while scoring a season-high 26 points in injury-plagued Los Angeles fifth straight defeat. Nick Young scored 28 points, but the Lakers have lost 11 of 12 heading into a punishing seven-game road trip starting Wednesday in Phoenix. "This is hard," said Young, who missed a potential tying 3-pointer with 10 seconds left. "Were losing, and were losing players daily. Its frustrating, but weve still got to get up and play basketball. Nobody wants to get embarrassed. Youve got to still take pride in that Lakers uniform." Brown coached just 71 games with the Lakers, who hired him to succeed 11-time NBA champion Phil Jackson in 2011 and then pulled the plug on his tenure five games into last season. Brown expressed no hard feelings or regret about his brief tenure with the Lakers, saying hes still on good terms with Kobe Bryant and other Los Angeles players. Deng had five rebounds and four assists his first big game since joining Cleveland in a trade with Chicago a week ago. He was the centerpiece of the highest-scoring regulation performance of the season by the Cavs, who hit 13 of 17 3-pointers and outrebounded Los Angeles 48-35 to earn their second win in three stops on a five-game trip. "Theres a lot more optimism and a lot more talent now that Luol has been added to the mix," said Kyrie Irving, who had 13 points. "Hes a great addition, and to get him on this road trip was big for us." Deng and Waiters put the Cavs ahead during a 12-0 rally early in the fourth quarter, but Young hit three free throws with 25.3 seconds to play, trimming the lead to two points. Tristan Thompson missed two of four free throws in the final 16 seconds, but Young missed two late 3-pointers. "We talked at halftime about coming out with a lot of energy, and I thought we responded well," Deng said. "Once we got the lead, they tried to get back in the game, and it was back and forth. But I thought we did a good job of keeping the lead and controlling the game at the end." Pau Gasol had 20 points and 12 rebounds in the Lakers only home game in a 22-day span. Los Angeles will be away for the next two weeks while the Grammys take over Staples Center. Kendall Marshall had 10 points and 16 assists for Los Angeles, which had just nine players in uniform. Bryant, Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Jordan Farmar and Xavier Henry are all out with long-term injuries, and Gasol only determined he could play on his injured big toe after pregame warmups. "It wasnt like our energy and focus werent there," Gasol said. "We hung in there, but we couldnt pull it off. ... The defence needs to improve drastically, thats for sure. Whatever it takes to secure those boards, we need to be there." NOTES: Henry wont return from the bone bruise in his right knee for at least another week, but hes likely to be the first injured player back for Los Angeles. ... Nash wont travel on the Lakers upcoming road trip, instead heading back to Vancouver for rehab on his assorted injuries. The two-time MVP hasnt played since Nov. 10. ... F Earl Clark, who parlayed a decent season with the Lakers into a free-agent contract with Cleveland last summer, scored two points in five minutes. PJ Tucker Jersey . -- Navy football player Will McKamey, who has been hospitalized since collapsing at practice three days ago, has died while in a coma. Eric Gordon Jersey . Poti played in 824 regular NHL games with four teams in his career; the Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers, New York Islanders and the Washington Capitals. http://www.therocketsofficial.com/ . -- Green Bay wide receiver Greg Jennings will be on the sideline as the Packers make their push for a perfect regular season.BELGRADE, Serbia -- Novak Djokovic has served many match-winning aces on the tennis court, but now he has fired a major one in the flood-hit Balkans. The worlds No. 2 tennis player has achieved what no politician has managed since the bloody Balkan wars in the 1990s: to at least temporarily reunite former bitter wartime foes as they jointly struggle against the regions worst flooding in more than a century. Djokovic has sparked worldwide financial and media support for victims of the massive river water surge that has killed at least 45 people and left hundreds of thousands homeless in Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia. The Serb has in the past triggered fury in the other former Yugoslav republics for what people considered nationalistic gestures, such as celebrating his victories with a three-finger victory sign that was used by Serb soldiers during their wartime campaigns in Croatia and Bosnia. What has set Djokovics flood salvage campaign apart is that he didnt just seek international support for Serbia. He also did it for Bosnia and Croatia which were at war with Serbia. All three states are still harbouring a deep mutual hatred and distrust, 20 years after the wars ended and the former Yugoslavia split up into seven different countries. "My heart is breaking when I see that so many people were evacuated and endangered in Bosnia! More than 950,000!!! Hold on brothers ... help will come from the world," Djokovic wrote on Twitter. "I also see that the east of Croatia is hit by floods ... I sincerely hope that it will not hit you like Serbia and Bosnia. Keep safe." "Long live the people of former Yugoslavia. Let God be with you," he wrote, adding a map of the former Yugoslavia with the flags of now different countries. The floods have triggered unprecedented regional solidarity in the Balkans, with the former Yugoslav countries sending rescue teams and humanitarian aid to each other over their borders. Clint Capela Jersey. . After beating top-ranked Rafael Nadal in the final of the Masters tournament in Rome on Sunday, Djokovic donated all the prize money -- about $500,000 -- to the flood victims. His charity foundation collected another $600,000. "There have not been floods like this in the existence of our people," Djokovic said. "It is a total catastrophe of biblical proportions. I dont really know how to describe it." Djokovics gestures triggered mostly positive public support in both Croatia and Bosnia. "Im not Djokovics supporter or like tennis," said Davor Buric, a university student in Zagreb, Croatian capital. "It is nice that he mentioned not only Serbia, but also Croatia and Bosnia. Djokovic has nothing to do with the war, and I have never heard him saying anything against other nationalities." In Bosnia, national football team coach Safet Susic said Djokovic had won "the support of the whole of Bosnia" with his campaign, and promised to support him in the upcoming Grand Slam tournaments -- the French Open and Wimbledon. Djokovic replied by saying he will support Bosnia at the World Cup in Brazil. Such sentiments in Bosnia and Croatia have prompted some commentators to nickname him "Marshal Djokovic" after Marshal Josip Broz Tito, the post World War II Yugoslav communist leader who managed to keep Yugoslavia united with iron fist. With his death in 1980, the country started unraveling along ethnic lines. "This water ... has destroyed what we have been building for the past 20 years," wrote prominent Croatian columnist and writer Vedrana Rudan in an ironic commentary on her web page. "Djokovic has sketched the map of Yugoslavia, he greets both our and his people ... the slaughter has separated us, the drowning has reunited us." Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).