to win the weather-delayed American Century Celebrit

in FanArts 08.05.2019 05:21
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

STATELINE, Nev. -- Mark Rypien beat out Jeremy Roenick and Annika Sorenstam to win the weather-delayed American Century Celebrity Golf Championship on Sunday. Rypien took the title for the first time since winning the inaugural event in 1990. Lightning storms delayed play for more than three hours. Rypien ran away from Roenick and Sorenstam, putting up big Stableford points on his back nine, going 5 under for a record-breaking third-round total of 33 points and 76 throughout the three-day event at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. After finishing in second place in the past two years, Rypien broke through with a win in the 25th anniversary of the tournament. "In 25 years from now Ill be 76. Do you think I could do that when Im 76?" Rypien said. "It was a little bit of an advantage just from that standpoint that Im accustomed to playing in inclement weather with golf and football and then that was kind of the way it was today. It was kind of uncomfortable for everybody, but I felt fine." Rypien won $125,000 from the $600,000 purse. Sorenstam and Roenick will each get $57,500 for tying for second in the event. Roenick and Sorenstam tied for second with three-round totals of 65. It was the retired LPGA stars first appearance in the event and although she has already been invited back, she is unsure if she will play the event again next year, despite her strong finish. "I was hoping for a few more points," Sorenstam said. "I dont know if 76 would have been reachable for me the way I played today, but maybe a few more and I would have felt very comfortable and pleased." Chad Pfeifer, who lost his left leg above the knee serving in Iraq, started the day in second place, earned only 17 points and tied for fifth with former baseball star John Smoltz, who had the second-highest total of the day along with Sorenstam (23). In honour of Pfeifers effort in the event, American Century donated $25,000 to the Troops First Foundation in his name. "I truly thought after (Saturday) that Chad was going to be the player to beat," Rypien said. "After he double-bogeyed two and then came back with birdies on three and four, I said to myself, This is who I have to beat." Actor Jack Wagner, also a former champion of the event, made a strong push Sunday with 22 points to finish fourth, his 19th top-10 finish in the event. Roenick and Rypien were tied for the lead with 64 Stableford points through 15 holes when play was suspended due to lighting. Its the second day in a row weather delayed play, a short delay Saturday was also due to lightning. But following the delay, Rypien distanced himself from the rest of the field. He earned 12 points on the final three holes, starting with an eagle on 16 and birdied 17 and 18, recovering from a shot into the trees on 18. Roenick struggled after the rain delay, bogeying 17 and doubling 18 after hitting his approach into the water. It was Roenicks sixth top-10 finish in the past six years and his best in the event. Custom Green Bay Packers Jerseys .ca. The NHL Play of the Year showdown kicks off with some slick moves going head-to-head with a combination of soft hands and endless patience. Reggie White Jersey . Various media outlets, including the Detroit Free Press, indicate a deal is close, while USA Today cited an unidentified person directly involved with the negotiations as saying the pact is for two years. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Dave-Robinson-Packers-Jersey/ .com) - Nino Williams posted 18 points and seven rebounds, as Kansas State edged No. Green Bay Packers Jerseys . Reyes, 26, was traded from Atlanta to Toronto in July 2010 and spent the remainder of the season in the minors. He began 2011 in the majors and made 20 starts with the Blue Jays, going 5-8 with a 5.40 earned run average before he was waived on Aug. Paul Hornung Jersey . If Vettel wins at Suzuka on Sunday, and his nearest rival Fernando Alonso finishes worse than eighth, the German driver will join his compatriot Michael Schumacher and Argentine Juan-Manuel Fangio as the only men to win four consecutive titles.Kei Nishikori fell to an abject three-set defeat to Marin Cilic just 24 hours before facing Novak Djokovic in the last four of the ATP World Tour Finals. Nishikori had already qualified for the semi-finals and looked relaxed as he eased through the first set, but he then suffered a collapse and went on to lose 6-3 2-6 3-6.Cilics victory was the first of his career at the O2 Arena and the 200 ranking points it earned him mean he will end the year as the world No 6. Live Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals November 20, 2016, 3:30pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Shot of the matchTennis doesnt get much more entertaining than this lob followed by a hot dog followed by a volleyed winner. Cilic produced a delightful answer to Nishikoris hot dog Cilics reactionIt feels great. I played really good today and it was a pleasure to get a great performance for the end of the week. I felt I played well during the week, but I was a little bit unfortunate in those first couple of matches. Cilic gives his reaction after recording his first win at the ATP World Tour Finals Expert analysisGreg Rusedski: Cilic wanted to win a match here for the first time and getting to No 6 was huge for him.dddddddddddd Its a career-high ranking, so there was a lot to play for and its good to see from Cilic.It just shows you how motivated this guy is and I think Jonas Bjorkman is going to do a great job with him in the off-season and he is going to come back a better player.Peter Fleming: Nishikori looked a little jaded tonight. Against Djokovic tomorrow night, he is going to have to run equally as much. But again, if he comes out, adrenaline flowing, you never know. Nishikori plays Novak Djokovic on Saturday evening The matchNishikori might have been forgiven for playing within himself and saving energy against Cilic, but he made a flying start and broke in just the third game.He continued to dominate points with his movement and ground strokes and sealed the opening set by breaking again in the final game. Cilic and Nishikori served up this superb rally However, a combination of Cilic finding his range and Nishikori badly losing his turned the match on its head and back-to-back breaks by the Croatian paved the way for levelling the match at one set apiece.Nishikori looked to have recomposed himself in the third, but he was broken after suffering a relapse in the fifth game and dropped serve again in the final game of what turned out to be chastening match.Watch every match of the ATP World Tour Finals live on Sky Sports, or follow them live on skysports.com/tennis and the Sky Sports app. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Murray makes O2 semi-finals Murray: I have to be clinical Murray will be ready for Milos Raonic can only get better Wholesale Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Yankees Jerseys Cheap Stitched Rays Jerseys Wholesale Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Wholesale Tigers Jerseys Royals Jerseys China Cheap Stitched Twins Jerseys Cheap Stitched Astros Jerseys Wholesale Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys China Wholesale Mariners Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Rangers Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Braves Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys Wholesale Mets Jerseys Cheap Stitched Phillies Jerseys Wholesale Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Online Wholesale Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Online Cheap Pirates Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Authentic Cheap Rockies Jerseys Authentic Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Authentic Cheap Padres Jerseys Online Wholesale Giants Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).