be to win games with a depleted lineup. Decimated by injuries

in FanArts 07.05.2019 03:59
von Dogcat250 • Halb Gott | 1.156 Beiträge

ABBOTSFORD, B.C. -- The Abbotsford Heat know how difficult it can be to win games with a depleted lineup. Decimated by injuries and call ups to the affiliate Calgary Flames, Abbotsford lost its seventh straight contest on Saturday, falling to the Chicago Wolves 7-2 in American Hockey League action. "Its mid-March and we dont have our regular team, but every team goes through it," said Heat head coach Troy Ward. "Every family goes through difficult times. You just be patient, you continue to teach, you stick with the process. Right now, were really trying to survive and fight." Seven players who were with the Heat within the past two weeks dressed for the Flames Saturday in Vancouver. "Its been tough," said Heat alternate captain Carter Bancks. "Weve had guys going in and out of our lineup. But we cant make excuses. Weve got a lot of good guys here, a lot of really good hockey players." Chicago Wolves centre Pat Cannone made up for lost time Saturday night, scoring his first career hat trick in his second game back from injury. Cannone suffered a broken hand on Jan. 21. "It was pretty cool," said Cannone. "Ive been out for six weeks now so it was just nice to contribute and help out offensively. Getting some goals is always nice." After Abbotsford scored to make it a three-goal game, Cannone scored twice in 72 seconds late in the third period to complete the hat trick, which he said was his first "probably since squirts." The third-year pro now has 12 goals this season. Joe Corvo and Eric Selleck each scored their first goals as a member of the Wolves. Corvo was playing his first game since being waived by the Ottawa Senators and Selleck was acquired by the Wolves affiliate St. Louis Blues at the trade deadline. "He brings a lot of veteran leadership," said Cannone of the 36-year-old Corvo. "Hes been in the game for a while and is obviously a great player. It really helps out on the power play on the back end. It was a big goal for us." Adam Cracknell and Michael Davies also scored for Chicago (34-18-6). The Wolves are now on an 11-2-1 run, catapulting them past Abbotsford into fourth in the Western Conference. "We know we have a lot of skill so we if we add the element of hard work were pretty tough to beat," said Cannone. Jake Allen made 28 saves for the Wolves and has allowed two goals or less for eight of his last 11 starts. "We know we have a great goalie back there," said Cannone. "He keeps us in games every night." Ben Street and Brett Olson replied for Abbotsford (33-20-7). Olivier Roy stopped 28 of 33 shots before being replaced by Aaron Dell, who allowed two goals on eight shots in 11 minutes of relief. The Wolves jumped to a 2-0 lead with goals two minutes and 35 seconds apart in the first period. First Cracknell deflected Taylor Chorneys point shot for his ninth of the season at 11:14. Then, after a Heat defender was caught too deep in the Chicago zone, Shane Harper fed Davies, who split the scrambling defencemen and beat Roy glove side for his sixth of the campaign. The momentum switched the other way just 29 seconds into the second period. Olson was sent in alone by Kane Lafranchises long stretch pass and he beat Allen for his 11th. "They had a good push in the beginning of the second," said Cannone. "They got that quick goal to make it 2-1. We did a good job of responding. When we got it right back it was pretty big and important for us." The Wolves, however, re-established the two-goal lead when Corvo scored on the power play at 13:40. His wrist shot from the top of the circle beat Roy with Cracknell screening in front. Cannones made it 4-1 at 16:08. Just after killing off a penalty, Cannone and Tyler Shattock worked a give-and-go on a 3-on-2 rush, with the Bayport, N.Y., native firing the puck into the open side of the net. Allen made a few big stops to keep his club in the lead. In the second period he stopped Blair Jones power move and stacked the pads to turn away Evan Trupps rebound attempt. Then early in the third he made a glove save off Corey Locke in close. Selleck added to the onslaught at 8:34 of the third, driving hard to the net from the corner and lifting it over the sprawling netminder. Street temporarily stopped the bleeding, one-timing Derek Smiths pass past Allen at 10:45 for his 22nd of the year. At 13:28 Cannone scored the first of his two third-period goals and at 14:40 he completed the hat-trick. "It was a good game for us," said Cannone. "We knew they were a pretty tenacious team, so getting that first one was huge. We have a lot of guys with a lot of skill that can score, so we wanted to keep the pressure on them." Trenton Cannon Jets Jersey . - This is just the warm-up act for 18-year-old William Nylander. Nathan Shepherd Jersey . His head snapped back from the impact and hit the floor. The All-Star power forward was all right afterward, a relief for the Minnesota Timberwolves. http://www.jetsrookiestore.com/Jets-Trumaine-Johnson-Jersey/ . -- Top-ranked Stacy Lewis birdied the last three holes and five of the final six Thursday for an 8-under 64 and a share of the lead with Mi Jung Hur in the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. Custom New York Jets Jerseys . The 31-year-old Russian dominated the No. 3-ranked Ferrer throughout, breaking the defending champion and local favourite four times on the indoor hard court. Nathan Shepherd Jets Jersey .C., has been named Canadas top female official, winning the 2014 SOC Award of Excellence. Cranes career as a figure skating judge has spanned over 40 years. BOSTON -- Jon Lester says there was nothing but rosin -- which is perfectly legal -- on his glove when he beat the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 1 of the World Series. A Cardinals minor leaguer posted a screen shot on Twitter showing a green substance on Lesters glove. Tyler Melling, a 25-year-old pitcher in the Florida State League, wrote: "Jon Lester using a little Vaseline inside the glove tonight?" The Boston Red Sox left-hander said before Game 2 on Thursday night that "I can honestly tell you that all I use is rosin. So, its obviously frustrating that after a night like last night, we should be having fun and running around with some energy today and Ive got to stand here and answer questions about it." Lester allowed five hits in 7 2-3 scoreless innings with eight strikeouts and a walk in the Red Soxs 8-1 victory. Boston manager John Farrell also said Lester uses only rosin, which is provided on the pitchers mound, to get a better grip. "If you know Jon Lester, he sweats like a pig and he needs rosin," Farrell said before Game 2. "I dont see this as anything at all." Major League Baseball said in a statement Thursday that "we cannot draw any conclusions from this video. There were no complaints from the Cardinals and the umpires never detected anything indicating a foreign substance throughout the game." Section 8.02 of the Official Baseball Rules says a pitcher "shall not apply a foreign substance of any kind to the ball" and says the penalty for a violation is ejection and an automatic suspension. "MLB has obviously evaluated it and issued a statement," Farrelll said.dddddddddddd. "We consider it closed." Mellings tweet was later deleted. "Obviously, when I get a text at 2 oclock in the morning, its not fun," a composed Lester said. "I understand. I saw the picture. It looks bad." He also said he sweats a lot and rosin helps control that. "I throw rosin in my glove. Thats it," Lester said. "I warm up with one hat in the bullpen and then have to change hats when I come in (to the dugout). Ive had plenty of games where Ive got sweat dripping off my brim. Ive put rosin on my hat before to try to stop it. You do a lot of different things to just try to try to contain it. "Even on a cold night like last night, Im still sweating, so youve got to do certain things to try to keep a grip on the ball and not let it slip, and rosin is one of those things that seems to help me." Asked if hes sure that rosin was the only substance in Lesters glove, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said, "this was not instigated by us. And the way that we approach this is we just play the game. We dont deny that some things have been acknowledged. And if thats what he claims, then thats what it is. Thats all there is to it. And right now its pretty much a dead issue." Lester said the issue wouldnt affect him in the future. "I played with Jon basically my whole professional career," Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia said. "He kind of sweats a lot, man. I know he loads up with rosin all over the place. I dont even like going out there and telling him good job, and patting him on the back because you get all wet and stuff." Authentic Bills Jerseys Dolphins Stitched Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Jaguars Jerseys Store Authentic Titans Jerseys Authentic Broncos Jerseys Authentic Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Chargers Jerseys Store Cheap Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Bengals Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Steelers Jerseys Store Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Giants Jerseys Authentic Eagles Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Authentic Falcons Jerseys Panthers Jerseys Store Wholesale Saints Jerseys Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys Store Wholesale Rams Jerseys Wholesale Bears Jerseys Authentic Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Vikings Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: RabbitEdu
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 12969 Themen und 14828 Beiträge.
Besucherrekord: 254 Benutzer (18.11.2019 16:14).